Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Gifting... Why can't gift?

littlelukky1

Because the only way to properly be able to do this is to be able to gift them using IRL money. This ensures that the players who designed the items still get paid. This isn't about DE making money; they have it set up this way so that the designers make their profit, instead of just getting platinum or something that would not benefit them. TennoGen designers put in a lot of hard work; the current system is set so that they get paid for that work. Gifting TennoGen, with platinum, would rob them of getting paid that way, since everyone would just have everyone gift them everything.

Perhaps if later on, you can purchase TennoGen items for your friends for the same price as the items are on Steam, that would be nice. But for now, it is what is, so that the content creators can get paid for their hard work.

Some of the Tennogen items were from before the Steam Workshop and can be bought with plat, the other items need to be bought with real money through Steam. Would be interesting if they made it so that the Tennogen items went to your Steam inventory and you could actively trade them through Steam. (Like the Phased and Rubedo skins are like now.)

Edited by Reidmaster

1 minute ago, Telluric said:

Because the only way to properly be able to do this is to be able to gift them using IRL money. This ensures that the players who designed the items still get paid. This isn't about DE making money; they have it set up this way so that the designers make their profit, instead of just getting platinum or something that would not benefit them. TennoGen designers put in a lot of hard work; the current system is set so that they get paid for that work. Gifting TennoGen, with platinum, would rob them of getting paid that way, since everyone would just have everyone gift them everything.

Perhaps if later on, you can purchase TennoGen items for your friends for the same price as the items are on Steam, that would be nice. But for now, it is what is, so that the content creators can get paid for their hard work.

No. I'm talking about with real money. I've got a lot of it lying around. And I know that's what they they would like. 

The reason why this is not possible: Besides a few items, all items in Tennogem are sold via steam, which means that you own them on steam and steam syncs them to your warframe account, thats why you link your warframe account to your steam account. Gifting them would only work if the player recieving the gift would use the steam client to recieve the gift so the sync between his steam and account would happen.

About the Tennogen items without steam: It was already announced that this will never happen, the overhead in for the legal part and money distribution, currently handled by steam, would be to big.

10 minutes ago, Kai_Shiba said:

The "Few" Tennogen skins are the old contest ones from way back in early of 2015 of weapon skins which didn't use the Steam Workshop.

The ones you're wanting to gift are the Tennogen workshop items

I know what they are, I just want to know why I can't send them like any other gift in the game.

4 minutes ago, Xebov said:

The reason why this is not possible: Besides a few items, all items in Tennogem are sold via steam, which means that you own them on steam and steam syncs them to your warframe account, thats why you link your warframe account to your steam account. Gifting them would only work if the player recieving the gift would use the steam client to recieve the gift so the sync between his steam and account would happen.

About the Tennogen items without steam: It was already announced that this will never happen, the overhead in for the legal part and money distribution, currently handled by steam, would be to big.

I am sending from one steam account to another. Couldn't the just make it non-refundable or something like that? The billing is all on one account, they could even put a delay on it for unconfirmed transactions/funds from steam. 

Edited by littlelukky1
response missing

9 minutes ago, littlelukky1 said:

I am sending from one steam account to another. Couldn't the just make it non-refundable or something like that? The billing is all on one account, they could even put a delay on it for unconfirmed transactions/funds from steam. 

If that's the case, then it has to be because of how the contract was made, which makes it not giftable/tradeable or something in the lines of numbers in profit.

I don't remember, but there was an answer as to why they aren't tradeable/giftable somewhere.

Edited by Kai_Shiba

2 hours ago, Kai_Shiba said:

If that's the case, then it has to be because of how the contract was made, which makes it not giftable/tradeable or something in the lines of numbers in profit.

I don't remember, but there was an answer as to why they aren't tradeable/giftable somewhere.

Pretty much this, the pretty much only solution right now is to gift either through PayPal or some other means the cost of whatever you wanted to gift them.

Unfortunately it would kill the workshop economy because of regional price adjustments and possibly frauds cause it will be possible to sell this things with stolen cards and gift them away for a lower price. This already happens all over the place with games and it's causing lots of troubles to developers who don't make a ton of money, it will surely be a disaster if it happens for us. I'm sure you guys already know what happens in those games where you can trade this kind of cosmetic objects...

I hate that btw, i would love to be able to make a gift every now and then but not if it could jeopardize my ability to keep working on  ^^

1 hour ago, HitsuSan said:

Unfortunately it would kill the workshop economy because of regional price adjustments and possibly frauds cause it will be possible to sell this things with stolen cards and gift them away for a lower price. This already happens all over the place with games and it's causing lots of troubles to developers who don't make a ton of money, it will surely be a disaster if it happens for us. I'm sure you guys already know what happens in those games where you can trade this kind of cosmetic objects...

I hate that btw, i would love to be able to make a gift every now and then but not if it could jeopardize my ability to keep working on  ^^

To be fair, "gifting" can already be done since you purchase tennogen items through the game rather than through steam. If players really wanted to, they can simply give their warframe credentials to a trusted third-party to make the purchase for them. They wouldn't risk their steam account and if anything bad happens they can simply contact support. I don't condone this of course.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:57 PM, HitsuSan said:

If it's being gifted and only being gifted, wouldn't the buyer's purchase be subject to their regional stuff? In which case nothing would change right? Talking about gifting, not trading. I'm not too savvy on these things so I'm confused.

Here's the big problem... if i'm in a region where 5 dollars could buy me 2 skins and you are in a region where your 5 will only buy one... i could ask you to give me 6 and i will gift you 2 skins making a profit and devaluating the skin a lot. In this case the artists are earning half of the money they should earn, somebody else is making money on top of this shifty deal and if enough people will do it all the artist will take a huge hit on sales making all the effort we put into this not worth it all of a sudden. This is the same problem the software house are having lately but they make millions of dollars in profit so if they take a hit on sales in most cases is not the end, it's still a big problem but they're not going to go out of business... but if it's way less... you'll see indie developers going broke and the artists doing steam workshop stuff earn way less than any software house with a decent game out there so you can understand how delicate the system is at the moment ^^

3 hours ago, HitsuSan said:

But steam already has regional limitations when it comes to store giftings, ie Latin America can only gift to Latin America and whatnot (due to differences in store prices). Wouldn't these same restrictions apply since the purchase is being made through steam? I mean admittedly with warframe being an independant title there would have to be some checks to be made but it is technically possible since other independant f2p titles already allow you to gift items and packs through steam, hell, warframe already allows that with some of the packs it has on the store page.