Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Sorties , RNG And The Need For A Token System 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

unnamed_7.png

☆ Sorties And A New Direction

Sorties are a good idea but even with TWW changes the rng can get people insanely salty. Mainly because of the time invested into them each day (once a day) only to pull items they don't need or want over and over.

☆ The Token System

Although this may not be what DE wants because RNG is useful to keep people going.

But a simple token system would make the Sortie dailies actually worthwhile. That way you guys don't need to spend more time and effort on trying to make it fair for all.

☆  Example 

First mission rewards : 15 tokens

Second mission rewards : 35 tokens

Third mission rewards : 50 tokens

Total - 100 tokens per day

☆ Vendor Location

We actually have room on our liset for a console or just chuck it on the relay. But this area could use it or maybe its my ocd of 2 right and 1 left. 😂

PS_Messages_20161204_183751.jpg

☆ Vendor List Setup

With the lack of RNG , increase prices (on some) and change what you can get.

- 》Focus Lens 50 tokens?.

- 》3 Nitain  75 tokens?.

- 》Forma 75 tokens?.

- 》Anasa sculpture 3,450 endo 100 tokens?.

- 》Riven Mod - Rifle 150 tokens?.

- 》Riven Secondaries 150 tokens?.

- 》Riven Melee 150 tokens?.

- 》Riven Shotgun 150 tokens?.

- 》Mayana sculpture 6,900 endo 200 tokens?.

- 》Greater Focus Lens 250 tokens?.

- 》 Exlius 275 tokens?.

- 》 Reactor 300 tokens?.

- 》Catalyst 300 tokens?.

- 》Legendary Core ???, possibly kept as a ultra rare drop from sortie 3 - [Bonus].

☆  Possible Future?

- 》Arcanes  Common 100 tokens , Uncommon 175 tokens , Rare 300 tokens?.

- 》Kuva 1,500 50 tokens / 3,000 Kuva 100 tokens?.

- 》Sortie Champion Sigil - complete 1 sortie.

- 》Sortie Honor Emblem - complete 25 sorties.

- 》Sortie Herioc Armor Set - complete 100 sorties.

☆  Possible Names

¤ Chitin

¤ Honor Mark

¤ Lotus Badge

¤ Indicia

[ Post other possible names below ]

☆ Notes 

• All numbers shown are just for the thread idea if implemented DE would set their own using their knowledge and data [ i cannot stress this enough] .

• As said in the comments if another currency is out of the question. Then possibly consider a reputation style -Tenno/Lotus affilated pseudo- Syndicate (like Cephalon symaris).

• 4,000 endo changed to sculpture due to the change to the 2,000 endo. The new sculpture has alot more value than receiving the 4,000 endo as it can be sold to others for platinum or fashionship.😆

• The new idea comming forth for Rivens will see this needed more ( see page 5).

• Now that Riven slots cost platinum this should be more reason to allow a token system into sorties.

• Boosters won't work here for DE because it gives people a way to buy them when they want to farm. Meaning it would really hurt platinum sales of boosters.

▪ Combined with these threads would see an endless supply of reusable great content.

- Darvo and Baro for weekends.

- Weekly thread would give players something new each day to do. As well as to see all areas of the game played.

- Token system would see sorties more rewarding and worthwhile beyond Rivens.

You know you want to DE... 😂giphy_33.gif

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers
Updated

2 hours ago, wolf96781 said:

Bring the riven mod down like 50 -100 tokens, then it'll feel perfect. (They rarely drop any weapon worthwhile, and then you have to reroll the stats...)

I just set it high for their consideration between low Endo to high end possibilities. ?

Edit : updated the lot to better show. ?

Definitely feel that sorties need a token system. Especially one that is also broken between the three missions (due to time constraints some may have on a day to day basis).

I'd say we can have a token system AND an RNG system. Much like we choose what a Riven mod's options are after a cycle, we could have a screen letting us choose; Tokens or Reward. This way, if we get lucky, we got lucky and 'yay, we win'. If we DON'T get lucky, we can put some work into getting what we actually want/need.

1 hour ago, Lyravain said:

I'd say we can have a token system AND an RNG system. Much like we choose what a Riven mod's options are after a cycle, we could have a screen letting us choose; Tokens or Reward. This way, if we get lucky, we got lucky and 'yay, we win'. If we DON'T get lucky, we can put some work into getting what we actually want/need.

It is a possibility but i really feel a straight up token system would just be gravy to the current state of the sorties.

9 minutes ago, Snib said:

+1 to OP, but agree it won't ever happen, because it would actually be a good thing.

I stopped doing sorties for now, too much of a waste of time.

My clan has as well , worse on consoles because we are stuck in season 9 rewards atm over the tww changes lol...

But yeah even the new system isn't going to get us playing it again. Mainly because we are heavy spenders as well.... ? 

Most of the rewards mean nothing to us......

If DE want RNG, why not combine them. 

We gonna have tokens everyday but small amount of it, after 1 week work hard on sorties, we should have some reward that we want. 

Otherwise, use tokens to increase change of drop items at leash.

Too tired of getting lens everyday. And they are greater lens which can't trade. :(  

Just now, Trichouette said:

I gave a +1 and i'll try to bring more people here.

We need that and DE knows it, but they prefer to watch us grind and complain instead of doing something meaningful.

Thanks Trich , we definitely need a end to the sortie madness.

A simple Token system (like above) would see sorties in a good place as a daily grind for tokens or wanted items.

After all it was the intended purpose to have a daily grind that was rewarding.

I would say many would happily grind out tokens each day and put them aside for a rainy day or spend them on items needed.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Thanks Trich , we definitely need a end to the sortie madness.

A simple Token system (like above) would see sorties in a good place as a daily grind for tokens or wanted items.

After all it was the intended purpose to have a daily grind that was rewarding.

I would say many would happily grind out tokens each day and put them aside for a rainy day or spend them on items needed.

I'll translate this as french and hope some of them will move their butt here to upvote & comment :p

On 12/2/2016 at 0:38 AM, Lyravain said:

Say an extension of WoW;s daily currency system? Not bad but unsure how that would thematically work?

10 minutes ago, Hyroncore2 said:

The legendary core will likely be worth say 2000 tokens or more given what it does. Upvoted never the less well formed post and one that I do hope sees some form of implementation.

Just updated the post if you could remove the quote. ?

Yeah definitely can't name a price on the cores hard to even guess what DE would accept as fair. ?

The problem with the token system is: do we really want another resource/currency to grind for?

My answer to the aforementioned question is ambivalent.

(though plat & ducats would make an excellent token/currency equivalent and I'm not sure we need another.)

1 minute ago, zoboso said:

The problem with the token system is: do we really want another resource/currency to grind for?

You cant call it "grind". Grind means you make the same S#&$ over and over and over and over and over and over again to get said ressource... But u do it once a day, which isnt "grindy" ^^.

And to answer your question: Yes we want it. Because its needed. I dont want to waste time to get rewarded with an item which i dont need o.O

On 12/1/2016 at 5:21 AM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Arcanes  common 75 tokens , uncommon 150 tokens ,  rare 200 tokens?.

Btw, Arcanes is a good ideas should put into the Sortie mission. I need it, but I don't have enough time to run LOR to get it.