Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Sorties , RNG And The Need For A Token System 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

If they'll add this system riven mods (and let's be honest, OP and other people here don't care about other rewards) will cost much more than 150 out of 100 daily tokens.

Current chance for riven mod is 20% iirc. So you shoud get it for every 5th sortie on average.

Are you ready for 500 token cost of riven mods from sorties? Probably even higher cost?

Token system can efficiently work when there are more or less equal rewards in pool. We have riven mods which everyone wants and that's kinda it, other items are tolerable at best, no one wants them. Ok, maybe legendary cores too, but they are too rare anyway, let's forget about them for now.

Creating token system where everyine will choose only one type of reward makes no sense. And DE knows that. 

What we need is to create other valuable rewards. They can be based around riven mods for now. What can it be? 

Item which remove 10 (for example) cycles from your riven mod.

Item which transform riven mod into new random riven mod.

Item which can lock one of the stats on your mod.

Then we can add it to the token system for we could have an actual choice. Curent rewards like endo, potatoes, etc can stay as additional reward for the third sortie. 

Is it possible to upvote this thread more than once??!

This is exactly what we need!

This system would resolve the issue of so many players not having motivation to do sorties and complaining about the reward system because it just doesn't feel right that it's purely based on rng when there's certain rewards (like nitain, forma, endo) that so many of us don't really want/need. I do understand that there still are quite a lot of those who need things like forma or nitain, which is exactly why this reward system would suit any type of player. Whether you are new or more advanced into the game, regardless of how much time you spend playing it (i.e a player that plays the game more casually could still benefit from being able to buy nitain with their "sortie tokens" while a player that may spend more time playing the game, therefore is more likely able to get more nitain from alerts, simply does not want it as sortie reward), a system like this would be able to satisfy any player that still does sorties and needs certain items from them.

5 minutes ago, Gruumzh said:

Is it possible to upvote this thread more than once??!

This is exactly what we need!

Hopefully we'll reach the "popular" level on the original post and that'll MAYBE draw DE's attention.

But I doubt it.

I don't even know how many +1 we need for that to happen (I mean the "popular" thingy)

Until then I keep linking that thread everywhere it's needed. Even though I believe it's completely useless

7 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Hopefully we'll reach the "popular" level on the original post and that'll MAYBE draw DE's attention.

But I doubt it.

I don't even know how many +1 we need for that to happen (I mean the "popular" thingy)

Until then I keep linking that thread everywhere it's needed. Even though I believe it's completely useless

All we can do is try but we are getting abit of support and with time that should grow into more.

I swear alot of forum users don't come to the feedback sub sections. So sometimes a guiding hand works well. ?

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

Your token prices seem to be really low:

For example it would give 4k endo every day instead of the typical 2k we get now, so maybe 100 tokens = 2k endo.
Also, 300 tokens for catalyst/reactor is also really low - a lot of players only spend plat on slots+potatoes, this would never happen. Same with greater focus lens, which costs 40plat in the market.

I'd say if DE would implement this, it would be with 2x-4x token prices. However, I would be still happy with the change (and I think most players will be happy too).

+1

10 hours ago, Krumplifej said:

Your token prices seem to be really low:

I think those were just an example, more of how the token prices of rewards should compare to each other. Although even I don't agree with the ones in the original post (as you said, some of the stuff from sortie reward table is a BIG plat sink that makes people buy more plat so allowing people to acquire them easily would hurt DEs income for sure), it would obviously be up to DE how they want to set the prices. And, I don't think it would matter much how they would do it, just the implemenation of this system would be a huge improvement to the game compared to the rng rewarding we're faced with right now. (of course, as long as they don't come up with some ridiculously high prices to the point where you'd question whether it's worth it to have the token system at all or would it be better to rely on rng)

Well costing is fairly simple with the 100 points per day limit, DE can simply go "how many days do we want players to take to get X reward".  They could then go with that cost or even go 90% of that cost.

The great thing about having different tiers giving rewards is it makes things available to newer players (or those that don't much like to play the higher sortie tiers) at a cost of having to do more missions (IE. more time spent to get the same level of rewards).  As it stands now it is an all or nothing thing, you want the rewards you have to play all tiers.

It will also show what missions are actually working for the sortie tiers as players will play what ones work the best (and avoid ones that don't more). This will give DE more accurate stats on how much of the player base overall actually likes/plays the 60+/80+ level stuff because they want to, not just because they have to, to get the exclusive sortie rewards.  These stats could then be used on working out what high end stuff that most players will actually want to play.

Sounds great and all. But does the game have any reward mechanic that doesn't involve RNG? I suspect, that it will not happen no matter, how popular this topic gets or how many supporters from community it has.

God forbid, we actually earn something instead of gambling.

I like the token idea, but I think your suggestion is a little bit to much in favor of the player (for DE to implement it).

Why not a system with 3 tiers of tokens common/uncommen/rare

At the end of the last sortie mission one would get tokens from one of the three tiers mentioned above.

So people can at least decide which (depending on the tier) reward they get, but we still have rng in the sortie.

For example s.o. with 100 Nitain can at least take endo or some other common reward, if you gets the common token.

Downgrading tokens would be a nice to have (upgrading shouldn't be possible)

17 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Here it is, the thread is now "popular" \o/

But that won't change a thing...

😂

We did it Trich now what..... i guess 500?....

Maybe we might get the attention of someone and receive a "we have taken notice" message. 

But seriously the addition of Riven mod slots costing platinum should be another motivation to give us a token system.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

😂

We did it Trich now what..... i guess 500?....

Maybe we might get the attention of someone and receive a "we have taken notice" message. 

But seriously the addition of Riven mod slots costing platinum should be another motivation to give us a token system.

Nobody from DE will answer, and if they ever do, that won't mean they'll use it.

Some time ago they even said themselves "we're looking at token as a way to solve sortie reward" and we got another crap solution.

22 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Nobody from DE will answer, and if they ever do, that won't mean they'll use it.

Some time ago they even said themselves "we're looking at token as a way to solve sortie reward" and we got another crap solution.

Whelp can't give up but we have done as much as we can do buddy. ☺