Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Sorties , RNG And The Need For A Token System 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

Absolutely yes to the "backup currency" idea like @Lyravain said. Make it some DE-appropriate proportion of the decided vendor price of what actually dropped. One-third is probably the absolute worst you could need here.

Except Leg End cores, they'd stay exclusively as drops (but possibly still decline-able into the currency), just for swag points...and because their actual use value does kind of vary depending on what you automax.

That way, the lucky get the joy of seeing their desired items drop, and nobody has to say "what a waste of time, I don't need that at all ever". I'm not getting through hundreds of Nitain Extracts, I don't need three more in my Sortie rewards.

Basically, borrow from Baro's Ducats. Rare drops are still worth more than their more common counterparts; anything you don't need, you can generally sacrifice at a reduced rate to get something you do, without having to brave Trade Chat as a middleman. Unless your relics all dropped Forma blueprints, then you're just screwed.

Nobody has to salt the forums about useless drops. DE doesn't have to impossibly please everybody with a relevant value in every possible drop in and of itself.

Worried that it's muddying the water with currencies? Make it a Tenno/Lotus affiliated pseudo-Syndicate (like Cephalon Simaris) and turn it into non-sigil-based Standing instead. Boom, sorted. It's another bar on the screen and a new flag, whoop de doo, not a difficult concept.

Ducats could be altered to an uncapped 'Baro Ki'Teer Standing' with little effort as well, if it was really that much of a quandary to have numerous currencies, right?

Edited by EDYinnit
misspelled giant floating space trapezoids

13 minutes ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

2 day ago i got an orokin catalyst bp from sortie, and yesterday after dat long boring defence i got a forma...

At least they'll have some use eventually. I made the mistake of running yesterday's sortie after all and ended up with a greater lens I really have no use for. Can't trade it, so worth less than a lesser lens, namely all of 5000 credits. Yay... Each time I give the game another chance I get an even bigger slap in the face.

49 minutes ago, Snib said:

At least they'll have some use eventually. I made the mistake of running yesterday's sortie after all and ended up with a greater lens I really have no use for. Can't trade it, so worth less than a lesser lens, namely all of 5000 credits. Yay... Each time I give the game another chance I get an even bigger slap in the face.

DE need do only 1 fix, remove the forma from sortie (really we have forma everywhere, alerts, relics, wave reward, and market....) and change the time craft from 24h to 12h ,

btw, the orokin catalyst/ reactor is not bad as reward, not great like a riven mod but at least is not an easy item to take since we see it few time in alert/invasion  , also the greater lens, if u need it u need spend 40p on market so for me is not a bad reward ,obviously u need take the one u need , not a random one xD

2 hours ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

also the greater lens, if u need it u need spend 40p on market so for me is not a bad reward ,obviously u need take the one u need , not a random one xD

If I could trade it then it would be ok, but since we cannot and I will not be using it it's entirely worthless besides the 5k credits I got for it. New players might have a use for random greater lenses but starting to drop them as endgame content a year after the system got introduced is all kinds of ridiculous.

All this new player stuff is nice but new players already have the entire game to discover, throw existing players a bone here. You should see clan chat at sortie time these days, I haven't seen that much swearing in this game ever...

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Main post updated to take in the current feedback (as best as possible for the idea). Also added the possible location of vendor for it.

Thanks man, good job.

Edited by Snib

2 minutes ago, Snib said:

If I could trade it then it would be ok, but since we cannot and I will not be using it it's entirely worthless besides the 5k credits I got for it. New players might have a use for random greater lenses but starting to drop them as endgame content a year after the system got introduced is all kinds of ridiculous.

All this new player stuff is nice but new players already have the entire game to discover, throw existing players a bone here. You should see clan chat at sortie time these days, I haven't seen that much swearing in this game ever...

Thanks man, good job.

Lenses are fine for abit but once you have a few of them on your main stuff. They lose all appeal because they are permanent. 

But on top of that only two of the specs are worthwhile the rest are not in a good spot right now.

As it is I'd doubt anything would make me swap from Naramon. ?

But the worse of it is the daily cap it makes the need for having heaps on not really necessary.... ?

But that's just my thoughts on lenses.... i still feel like lenses weren't really necessary. Could of just had the option to select what one to level and it gained x amount of exp from your affinty.

While we are on the topic.... ?

Arcanes should not be tied to gear still but have their own slot option in loadout as a passive slot.

One can dream.....?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

While we are on the topic.... ?

Arcanes should not be tied to gear still but have their own slot option in loadout as a passive slot.

One can dream.....?

That's probably a dead horse by now but one can dream indeed. At least it's not just helmets anymore.

Edited by Snib

3 minutes ago, Snib said:

That's probably a dead horse by now but one can dream indeed. At least it's not just helmets anymore.

Yeah.. just the back items because i have my Uru Prime (Loooove this item) on multiple frames because i enjoy it. But i want different arcanes on different builds.??

i agree we need this, i keep getting now lenses and endo, why lenses? i don't need them, what am i gonna do with them

this is just sad, riven mods are the new end game and DE doesn't want us to play end game

i mean its a mission ONCE A DAY it should be rewarding not lenses or endo fest. ppl can get 2k endo from 1 hieracon run.

if token system is to complicated from them to make, i would suggest that sorties would reward same as Relic rewards, 4 ppl get 4 different items and you choose what you want and make like 2k endo the default reward, cause i would rather get endo than lenses

P.S. why lenses are 75 tokens? aren't lenses harder to get than riven mods?

11 minutes ago, ssxtriki said:

i agree we need this, i keep getting now lenses and endo, why lenses? i don't need them, what am i gonna do with them

this is just sad, riven mods are the new end game and DE doesn't want us to play end game

i mean its a mission ONCE A DAY it should be rewarding not lenses or endo fest. ppl can get 2k endo from 1 hieracon run.

if token system is to complicated from them to make, i would suggest that sorties would reward same as Relic rewards, 4 ppl get 4 different items and you choose what you want and make like 2k endo the default reward, cause i would rather get endo than lenses

P.S. why lenses are 75 tokens? aren't lenses harder to get than riven mods?

Actually i threw them up at 50 for normal. ?

How they classified (normal) lenses is insanely odd. As my above post was about the value of them is alot less than considered. 

But yeah my numbers are just for the example.  If DE went with a token system the numbers would Probably be different to mine. ?

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

I like your idea. My suggestion would be to change the reward pool as well. (No one wants forma or normal lens etc)

Common

4000 Endo

Riven Mod

Uncommon

8000 Endo

Greater Lens

Boosters

Common Arcane (meh)

Rare

Riven Mod + 8000 Endo

Rare Arcane (Arcane Trickery/Arcane Strike-rare)

Legendary

Legendary Core

Amazing Arcane (example:Energize and what not)

Should DE use the token system I guess we could also add normal lenses, forma etc to the list.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Yeah.. just the back items because i have my Uru Prime (Loooove this item) on multiple frames because i enjoy it. But i want different arcanes on different builds.??

You can have the same syandana more than once if that helps, although I'm not sure you can buy the primes multiple times even if you wanted to. 

Edited by Snib

14 minutes ago, Snib said:

You can have the same syandana more than once if that helps, although I'm not sure you can buy the primes multiple times even if you wanted to. 

Yeah although I'd hate to have to buy Uru prime again to get around it. ?

Mind you if we ever get some more Tennogen items on console this may resolve itselfs. Seen some insanely beautiful art works from the Tennogen makers.

Probably best to stop the gaming trend where you get a lotta points to make it look cooler and just give 1 point a day after beating the 3rd sortie and just adjust your drop chart accordingly.

Also LOL at all the people saying "That will never happen" even DE says on devstreams that they don't really say "never" so i dunno why everyone's like "haha that's never going to come" Yeah, and if it doesn't it's because people don't want it. It's as simple as that. If enough people chatter about getting a sortie token system, i'm positive it'll be implemented in some way shape or form, for better or worse.

in this case, people seem pretty unhappy with the sortie changes and DE knows about it. Only thing we can do is talk about it and hope for the best. <3

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Have a +1. Hopefully, this becomes a topic with a "popular" OP. (75+ hearts)

On a less serious note:

PS_Messages_20161204_183751.jpg

Don't you dare underestimate the power of the Arbiters.

Ahahah took me a second to catch onto that one. Bursted out laughing at work... scared the hell out my work partner. ???

I personally enjoy the "grind" when the rewards are worth it. 

A token system(or current system) in sorties means absolutely nothing if the rewards aren't there..to me. Endo, nitain, resources etc are all fairly easily obtained so as a reward count me out. Forma.. I build and use daily, currently have 30 built. Legendary Core pffft don't have one, don't need one as all I'd do w it is brag.

I say introduce Event mods as rewards, or new(not released yet) weapons parts... or something I don't yet have being I have just about it all. 5k endo(but only reward once weekly).. 

As for token system, I personally don't care for the concept. I enjoy the love/have relationship I have with RNG. For when the drop I'm praying to Valhalla for comes, I do a helluva happy dance. ?

If everything was obtainable through a token system where's the fun in that? I'd just have to do the math to know when the date is that I've acquired enough points to then buy what I want. No thank you. 

As for the Raids... let em be but figure in new arcanes, take out the "junk", fix the nullifiers in nm and do away with the current system of equipping only on helm and or syandana. Make into a patch style or badge(per mmcareen) that increases in brightness or something with amount installed. Add as reward to sorties, ps4 market is gone(it's already ?) Add resources or endo as your reward for completing and I'll be done running them. Period. As I've been done running Sorties...

Love ya mofo and love the drive. You rock. But tokens just aren't for me. ?

Edited by (PS4)Steelergurl33

Tokens wouldn't be a conversation if we could actually see a reasonable scattering of rewards. Not all players have a problem with the current system, but there are still players like me who have yet to see a single riven drop from a sortie yet.

And if/when I DO see the first drop, what are the chances it'll even be something I want. And then what are the chances this single riven I've waited weeks to find can even be made into something useful?

But hey, in the last three missions I've recieved three lenses, because y'know, they are much less common than rivens. Wait, no, that's two greaters lens, then a regular.

If they can normalize sortie drops so we can actually depend on seeing good rewards rather than and endless succession of the same drop, the conversation will end. Either that or tokens, yey.

Call me salty, I know I'm frustrated.

Why deal with 100 tokens per day. Tell you what. Make it so you get 1 per day and additionaly you can melt down rewards for tokens or endo.

Melting the rewards:

Common - 1 token or 2k endo

Uncommon - 2 tokens or 4k endo

Rare - 4 tokens or 8k endo

Legendary - 16 tokens and if there will ever be anthing other that core it this tier - 16k endo.

Now to the costs of buying:

Common - 2 tokens

Uncommon - 3 tokens

Rare - 5 tokens

Legendary - 20 tokens

The rewards would be shifted - in addition, each tier has its separate chance, common is 50%, uncommon 44%, rare 5% and legendary 1%. In those tiers you have equal chance to get any item in it.

Common - 2k endo, focus lens, x3 nitan extract

Uncommon - 4k endo, greater focus lens, Exilus bp, Potatoes bp and Forma

Rare - Riven mod, Exilus adapter, Potatoes and Formax2

Legendary - Legendary core

I'm all for a token system on sorties, though I'd do 20/30/50 on tokens per missions simply because it makes it more even and results in 5, 4 or just the 3 missions to cap them pending on what tier you focus on (ie. more missions to complete but easier ones).

A possible revelation for people is that all resources and currencies are tokens thus part of a token system (even platinum are tokens).  The game is inundated with token systems.  DE constantly adds more of these "tokens" AKA resources to the game.  Look at the most recent tokens; kuva.  These let you re-roll your riven to try and get what you want.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:22 AM, (PS4)mmcareen said:

... I think adding a token system to a game where collect everything is a major part of the game, takes away from the life of the game. ...

While it is the case, trading has a vastly larger impact on this aspect of the game and for the most part you would be hard to convince many people it has been worse for the game overall.