Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Sorties , RNG And The Need For A Token System 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

4 hours ago, RBL3D said:

3 days with only 2000 endo rewards. Sorties brought life to the game in the past, now they only give loathing.

3 days only? that's not too bad. my last riven was 10 days ago (for the spectra, lol, a riven is not enough to make that thing good again), since then only endo, more endo, a lot more endo, one drop chance booster, one lesser lens and a forma.

4 hours ago, Snib said:

3 days only? that's not too bad. my last riven was 10 days ago (for the spectra, lol, a riven is not enough to make that thing good again), since then only endo, more endo, a lot more endo, one drop chance booster, one lesser lens and a forma.

Lol

Snib so not even a riven could save Spectra?.

It's gotta be one of the wierdest looking weapons something close to a toy.😂

12 hours ago, RBL3D said:

3 days with only 2000 endo rewards. Sorties brought life to the game in the past, now they only give loathing.

It was supposed to be "you can't have more than twice in a row 2k endo"

Seems like the update was totally fake or you missed one day :p

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

It was supposed to be "you can't have more than twice in a row 2k endo"

Seems like the update was totally fake or you missed one day :p

That patch never happened, that was just something they mentioned in a dev stream IIRC. As you probably know they mention many things in dev streams that never happen.

Edited by Snib

Just now, Snib said:

12 days of trash and counting. Why do I even run these...

Same reason we do..... a glimmer of hope for something useful. 😂

Though DE should be concerned about the feeling of getting shoddy items so many days in a row. It can have an impact on the players and even burn them out on Warframe.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Though DE should be concerned about the feeling of getting shoddy items so many days in a row. It can have an impact on the players and even burn them out on Warframe.

Pretty much. I've taken long breaks from the game before, I think another one is due soon (want to see the bard frame first). I was never one to drown in my own salt, once the frustration gets too much it's time to walk away.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

what feelings? they are all sadistic @&#(&*@#$#s and we are dead inside by now. there is no hope, this system was trash from the start and it hasnt changed a bit, always stupid rng with $&*&*#(%& rewards and wasted time. the feelings are... if i get S#&$ i ragequit untill next day, maybe more... if i get something good i dont even feel good anymore.

Hands down i say yes to this addition.Ever since consoles got TWW update ive been doing sorties (always played sorties for lens,endo,vandal/wraith parts)and ive only gotten 1 riven.....YUP 1 RIVEN......a so called common reward with 20% chance of dropping...Everyday 2k endo(wasnt there a thing where the chances to get endo everyday would reduce the chance to get endo again?!?!?!?huh....SEEMS MORE LIKE LIES) always drops and its just tiring to see how many tries it is to get a "potential reward".We are getting near the end of August and when it does,then primary rivens will be removed thus replacing them with secondary and shotgun rivens with the Glast Gambit Update...which is getting tideous....i do Sorties everyday,but it seems i never get rewarded for the most simplest and thru the most atrocious sorties to ever be displayed.+1 to this implemention towards sorties because im fed up over the RNG in sorties.I hope DE sees this and tries to underatand that not everyone sees it fair that other people get rivens like crazy thru sorties and that some others like me to have  2 or more options being:

1.)Buying them from people and sometimes having to face their prices on unveiled or specific rivens (which i refuse to buy rivens eventhough i have loads of platinum which i choose not to waste if i get a horrible riven for a weapon i dont like).

2.)Doing sorties everyday.2k endo for days....isnt it a beautiful thing to see 2k endo,4k endo(uncommon reward yet again it drops more than a rivens drop chance)lenses(i do enjoy getting lenses but i wish i could control what i want which is why i support this post),forma(...) and a built catalyst/reactor :angry:

Edited by (XB1)MiguelL52501

If you read my earlier post you can see an example I've stated of how you can still keep the RNG factor strong while still having a token system. I believe DE can use something like this to quite simply balance the RNG a little while also giving all ranges of players a stronger initiative to do sorties.

I would also like to add that yes, Warframe is a grinding game and I've told multiple people (even mentioned it on my steam review) that I find the gameplay itself fun so I actually enjoy the grinding. However, sorties are the one thing that still frustrate me. I believe that whatever grinding we do in the game, has some kind of innate token system that can be spent on other stuff to ease the pain of bad RNG a little (void farming to ducats, warframe parts to credits, etc). On top of that, as a lot of people have already stated, the time to reward ratio for sorties is just not at par with anything else in the game. I'm pretty sure I've gotten more than 1k endo in a 20 min endless void passively, that too while farming for prime parts whereas certain sorties could take well over an hour, and not to mention a lot more effort.

I came to write this post because of how frustrating it has been for me recently, and I really really want to keep playing this game without getting burned out or frustrated due to the awful rewards.

10 days.... 8x endo 2x booster.

As MR 23 i dont need boosters or endo. What i need is some endgame that is rewarding.

I love resurecting old and not meta weapons with Rivens. But the game just wont allow me to do so.

Each day i log in..do sortie and hope for riven so i can do some "science" with it. Then i get endo and i log off... disapointed.

On 01/12/2016 at 1:21 PM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Legendary Core ???, possibly kept as a ultra rare drop from sortie 3 - [Bonus].

My suggestion for legendary core is, if the player earns a legendary core, then they don't get a token. This is because the legendary core can be a RnG type drop, so the others you've mentioned remains the same but the LC is different. 

What bugs me most is the rewards are not even "smart."  I'm up to 8 Naramon + 2 greater Naramon lenses, and the game doesn't realize that I maxed it ages ago?  Boosters, got 200mil credits, did Hema research myself & affinity just makes me log off sooner after focus farming.  Endo, got over 1 mil.  All the gear I care to use has a lens.  Catalyst/Reactor, you guys give them out like candy.

Friends don't even do sorties anymore, waste of time.  They would rather shell out plat for mass rivens & sell the crap ones for profit.

Yea I get that not everyone has everything, but man, give us the choice so we can feel it's worth the time and not go insane.  The longer this goes on, the more damage is being done.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

My suggestion for legendary core is, if the player earns a legendary core, then they don't get a token. This is because the legendary core can be a RnG type drop, so the others you've mentioned remains the same but the LC is different. 

I don't see why a legendary core should be kept as RNG reward. I mean, a legendary core is basically a 2M cred & 41k endo bundle.

Make it cost more than a month worth of sortie mission and voilà, you've something worth its grind.

12 hours ago, ZinGrin said:

Friends don't even do sorties anymore, waste of time.  -snip-   but man, give us the choice so we can feel it's worth the time and not go insane.  The longer this goes on, the more damage is being done.

And yet tons of people don't understand that, including the devs.

Sorties are just a huge waste of time, I say huge but it depend on what kind of mission the daily sortie offers, but still, many players don't even bother anymore.

(including me, I tried again some days ago and got an affinity booster... yay i was able to put my 6th forma on my aklato without farming too much affinity \o/ totally worth it)

Edited by Trichouette

On 2017. 01. 13. at 7:56 PM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

That sadly not happening because the devs not even playing their games and every dev can cheat with their accounts to spawn items or add infinite platinum. 

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

That sadly not happening because the devs not even playing their games and every dev can cheat with their accounts to spawn items or add infinite platinum. 

It seems steve is now streaming & playing warframe, we should ask him to do stuff like daily sortie or 5k mutagen sample. Easy for him

Just now, Sziklamester said:

Maybe in u 22-23 they can implement a token system till those whom run sorties need to accept the trash rewards.

Well until then the game will be dead because of the devs' own mistakes.

Spoiler

You know you can quote more than one person in a post right ?

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

It seems steve is now streaming & playing warframe, we should ask him to do stuff like daily sortie or 5k mutagen sample. Easy for him

Hide contents

You know you can quote more than one person in a post right ?

Yep but not bothering with that. I am simple guy and use simple things.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

True ! We could also ask him if he can make his own dojo with his own Hema research ! th_KappaHD.gif

I've gotten one minor lens and the two 4k Endo reward, with everything else 2k Endo. My last six sorties gave me 2k, 2k, 4k, 2k, 2k, 4k.

A token system would work, syndicate-style.

Alternately, something like the void fissure reward system, with each squad member getting a random prize that others can also choose. 

Edited by chrisx1125
today's sortie