Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Sorties , RNG And The Need For A Token System 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

People are leaving now?  You don't think people will leave once they get everything?  Wasn't it you about 6 pages back comment about adding tokens to the market?  Making stuff too easier to get to get gives no reason to play the game because updates.  How is it too easy?  Well you can buy tokens in the market, pretty easy to get everything.  Kuva, Nitain, buy the tokens, buy everything you want.  Be bored in 4 days and go play other games.  If it wasn't you who said put token in the market then I apologize, but I still think there are so many better ways to fix sorties without adding a token system.

Just now, (PS4)mmcareen said:

How is it too easy?  Well you can buy tokens in the market, pretty easy to get everything.

That was a suggestion, free to them to implement this. I just think that would make even more money to them.

Right now you can get pretty much ANYTHING with plats, it's the same really.

Want X item ? pay Y€ in plat and buy it from the market or from other players. My suggestion won't make it worse, nor better. It'll just make more money for DE.

1 minute ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

People are leaving now?  You don't think people will leave once they get everything?

Yes people are leaving, some are leaving because they indeed completed the game (I mean, obtained every gear and leveled them up) and others are leaving because of boredness and/or feeling of being screwed by the RNG.

Btw you skipped a lot of point :D Nevermind

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Btw you skipped a lot of point :D Nevermind

You mean like good for you? you can run the same thing without finding it tedious?  Don't really feel the need to reply to those remarks.  I found farming Nidus extremely tedious, same mission, over and over again.  Weird, maybe its that I actually enjoy the raids.

People are leaving because of RNG?  I'm sure people are leaving because RNG on relics too.  Have to farm relics, usually the same mission, over and over again, keep getting V5 instead of E1s.  Finally gets a E1 and forma blueprint.  People leaving the game over RNG works with every single part of Warframe.  I doubt anyone is leaving just because of sortie RNG, probably just stopped doing sorties.

I also have zero issue running endless in the solar system, I don't care the faction I go against, my problem is mods as a reward is just a pointless challenge.  At least goes 4 hours in a T4 Survival you came out with a very rewarding set of rewards.  Which is why when I said about that, I commented on Endless Fissures, you probably skipped that though.  They are not as enjoyable, and I have zero problem using 50 relics, as stated originally, the pause kills the momentum for me. 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)mmcareen said:

I'm not actually free to play at all.. well my PC account is, I have brought a few primes accessories, nova prime access and 2 renown pact on PS4 just to support the game.

I said you are "free to play for your own reasons", i.e. it's your freedom of choice. ;)

Interesting reading.😆

We won't all see eye to eye on things it's both a good thing and a bad thing at times. Any idea needs information from all types of players.

I always have high respect for @mmcareen and i appreciate his feedback and thoughts. He is a very dedicated player and i could always go to him for help or questions i have.

My time is split between work , home , friends , family and tonnes of different games. My hours played are in the 600-700 (mission hours) area since the start of 2015. What i may see and what @mmcareen will be very different.

But i do feel very strong about a token system for sorties and I'll always do my best to improve on the idea. 

I do not just push this though as i am always looking for ways to increase daily and weekly activities.

This one is a newer sort :

@Trichouette , @Snib and myself are very passionate about a token system. But we are not alone as time passes we keep growing. They have spent more resources and time working on sorties lately that could be spent elsewhere. The token idea would simply end it so they can spend resources elsewhere. 😊

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

@Trichouette , @Snib and myself are very passionate about a token system. But we are not alone as time passes we keep growing. They have spent more resources and time working on sorties lately that could be spent elsewhere. The token idea would simply end it so they can spend resources elsewhere. 😊

Actually as I said previously, I'm not stuck on the token system idea, I'm just frustrated with a game mechanic that makes me feel that I wasted my time more often than not. I can run fissures for a specific prime part and I might not get the part I want but at least I always get something of some value. But running sorties most of the time I'll get something of zero value to me, and I have zero control over that. That's my only real problem with the current system. There's any number of ways to fix this, a token system is just one of them, but I would like to see the issue addressed because as far as I'm concerned it's not good game design to leave your players with that feeling of having accomplished nothing.

My biggest frustration, is that since the release of Riven mods into the Sortie Reward pool I have been actively doing the Sorties 3-6 days a week. Only one time, have I actually got one from the RNG. All of the other times have been Endo or random Lenses, that while useful in their own right, are not what most of us players want or are aiming to try and get. It is a little disheartening to hear in the latest stream DE simply says "The mods are in the rewards pool and if you are not getting one you are not trying hard enough."

I understand that the quote is not exact, but it is the general feel and tone of their comment on it that really irked me. They want the rewards of the sortie to feel like you are accomplishing something and that you are not simply getting something for free or easily. I can respect that and appreciate the decision for such a thing, but when the Riven Mods are in the lowest reward pool right along Endo and I end up with a lens or Endo day after day, it makes me not want to play or invest any more of my time into things.

7 hours ago, SteeleShade said:

I understand that the quote is not exact, but it is the general feel and tone of their comment on it that really irked me.

What made me angry is rather rebecca's answer in the podcast (I think it was her but I could be wrong, it was a woman's voice) saying "riven are a common loot"

Check the loot rate.. they aren't a common loot.

This i thought might work and thought of something similar but this does eliminate rng but it would be nice to have some athority to the rng say you do better you get better i wouldnt mind it either way 

By the way rng doesnt really like me since ive only gotten common stuff from sortie people will give up if they dont get anything really from sortie and there's a lot of rng anyway so what im saying is let the sortie rewards be a little more controllable

Edited by (PS4)ZeroTearsKris

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ZeroTearsKris said:

This i thought might work and thought of something similar but this does eliminate rng but it would be nice to have some athority to the rng say you do better you get better i wouldnt mind it either way 

By the way rng doesnt really like me since ive only gotten common stuff from sortie people will give up if they dont get anything really from sortie and there's a lot of rng anyway so what im saying is let the sortie rewards be a little more controllable

You CAN'T put a "the better you do the better is the reward" in warframe, the game is so casual.

At some point you could if you want do a perfect without breaking a sweat.

Even a defense lvl 100 with 1hp cryopod is freaking easy because of how OP our frames

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

You CAN'T put a "the better you do the better is the reward" in warframe, the game is so casual.

At some point you could if you want do a perfect without breaking a sweat.

Even a defense lvl 100 with 1hp cryopod is freaking easy because of how OP our frames

Im just saying it would be better than rull rng if they're not going along with the token system

34 minutes ago, (PS4)ZeroTearsKris said:

Im just saying it would be better than rull rng if they're not going along with the token system

Yes but it can't work.

It's the same reason why we don't get better reward when staying in endless missions.

(i'm already surprised we get more exp/cred/ressources in endless fissures)

7 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Getting lenses from sorties should also award 50k or 100k BONUS Focus or at the very least come in sets of 4... getting lenses everyday is sending me to straight jacket world.

I feel your pain. Did the sortie today, and instead of my normal endo I got a lens. I decided not to play anymore today after that. I was really looking forward to doing some void fissures too.

20 minutes ago, SteeleShade said:

I feel your pain. Did the sortie today, and instead of my normal endo I got a lens. I decided not to play anymore today after that. I was really looking forward to doing some void fissures too.

I was "happy" today to get a forma rather than endo or a lens. How sad is that...

5 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Also these should be in bundles of 3.

Hum... I don't think so.

You do realise these things are reward for something very easy you can do everyday right ?

If the sortie was something hardcore that require skill and team composition and take more than an hour (like.. you know, a raid, but not like in warframe) then yes.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

Hum... I don't think so.

You do realise these things are reward for something very easy you can do everyday right ?

If the sortie was something hardcore that require skill and team composition and take more than an hour (like.. you know, a raid, but not like in warframe) then yes.

The difficulty is relative, a raid is really not much more difficult than a sortie. It's also more consistent, while today's sortie could take 10 minutes to blow through tomorrows could take ~30 (Bow only defense amirite?) depending on the mission types and also the position of said mission types (Whether it's the lowest or highest level enemies).

Seeing how forma BPs are very common from fissure missions it's like adding insult to injury when you get a forma, catalyst, reactor, or booster (at least in my case).

Been playing this game for quite some time, so a single forma, catalyst, etc. isn't worth my wild, in fact it's no different than the ancient days of void where you'd get forma on the 4th round. I just personally think each reward should have equal weight in terms of "Yes I got something and didn't feel like I wasted my time." Which is not how I feel right now.

Edited by Synpai
Boosters are 3 day, retract my statement.

a raid is really not much more difficult than a sortie.

That's why I said "not like in warframe". You can be a complete dimwit and still finish raid because you have the optimal compo and spamming a single key isn't hard.

Seeing how forma BPs are very common from fissure missions it's like adding insult to injury when you get a forma, catalyst, reactor, or booster (at least in my case).

The sortie is short / long depending on today's RNG, but even if it takes 3h, the reward is still between ayatan sculpture // legendary core with a load of crap on the middle.

Still, 3 forma for something this easy isn't worth for the devs in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

That's why I said "not like in warframe". You can be a complete dimwit and still finish raid because you have the optimal compo and spamming a single key isn't hard.

The sortie is short / long depending on today's RNG, but even if it takes 3h, the reward is still between ayatan sculpture // legendary core with a load of crap on the middle.

Still, 3 forma for something this easy isn't worth for the devs in my opinion.

But unless we suddenly fell into a void, I'm assuming that time still exists and that sorties can consume it?

Are they also not marketed as "hardmode warframe for 'veterans' ?"

I don't want a glorified daily tribute. It does not make me feel like I've actually been rewarded.

You can reward players and still make precious money. Like even bundles of 2 would be better than the one. Think of prime access (at least in the past), cosmetics, warframe/weapon slots, update bundles. There ARE ways to profit while still making a good game. "Chest systems" are the most common right now.

The fact that it is a mission you can only do daily (much like raids) should reference the line of rewards.

Gimme an arcane for a sortie? We good.

Riven? Nice.

Give me a forma? K...

Give me a lens? No...pls...*Undo* *Undo*

What you're saying is it doesn't matter how long it takes because there's a possibility to get some "really good stuff," but realize this isn't a survival mission where you have as many attempts as you want. 

It's like if you walked into work, but instead of a paycheck your boss pulled items out of a hat. ONE day you might get the keys to that BMW, but after three weeks of getting a sock, a mini bottle of toothpaste, a 25c bag of chips, a watch (hey it's not all bad), and shoe laces. That job makes you question if it's worth going to. Especially if you got the watch on a day where you just sat around, but the rest when you were working your tail off into overtime.

I have no appeal toward legendary cores, haven't seen one yet. Don't think I'll see one in this lifetime, but it doesnt matter because all it's worth is more rivens/forma bundles/arcanes.

19 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Are they also not marketed as "hardmode warframe for 'veterans' ?"

It's also marketed as "endgame", is it endgame ? Not really.

What you're saying makes sense but just because it's "rng reward" they shouldn't be that amazing.

What they want is players playing again and again the sortie but we've no reason to do so with this crap reward system. Hence why we're suggesting a token system.

And again, you don't want a lens, some players do :p

At least we agree on the legendary core... I don't care about geting one either.

(talking about daily tribute, they really should change these...)