Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Sorties , RNG And The Need For A Token System 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

Like a few others here I too have mixed feelings about this. I care a lot about this game and if something like this would affect DE in anyway as some others suggested then I wouldn't want to be a part of it. However, I can't deny that the sortie reward system needs some sort of rework or a tweak of some kind. I've been thinking about this a lot and I'd like to add my own suggestion which in my humble opinion would still leave the current system intact but at the same time also implement the token system the OP suggested, so bear with me through this :D

I love the token idea but I think it would be better used in conjunction with some of the more common items, Eg: Tokens instead of Endo and common items in the reward table, a bigger amount of tokens instead of the uncommon rewards and leave the riven mods and legendary cores and other usual rare items as rare rewards (of course the lesser amount of common and uncommon items would require an equal tweak to keep the drop chance percentage the same). This would make me feel a lot less frustrated when I get tokens instead of Endo that I have no need for, and allow me to at least get something else that could be useful to me, no matter how small an amount it still contributes to something I can buy later. In order to not hurt the RNG factor of riven mods too much I'd suggest taking rivens and similar rare items out of the token rewards and leave in the common rewards, endo, exilus adapters, reactors, catalysts all that jazz. It would be awesome if more items could be added like the boosters but I'd leave that up to DE to decide. This should allow for a not too drastic change of the system, and ease the bad RNG just enough to keep it from being frustrating.

+1 to the OP for starting a topic on this issue and for their suggestions to better this system.

+1 to OP. The We heard you like random chance, so we put some RNG in your RNG so you can play the lottery while you play the lottery setup for Rivens (one of only 2 Sortie-specific items) is asinine and seriously needs to go. Either let us influence the weapon that it unlocks for by locking it to the weapon it's on when it unlocks, or give us a token system so we can get them with certainty.

I mean, after having to get one at random, expending an unreasonable amount of effort to unlock it (who the hell thought "4 headshots in a single aimglide" was a sane idea with these hitboxes?), and I still get a Grakata mod? We're serious here? At least with a token system, I can be relatively sure I can just replace this garbage card with a new one, and that would immediately take the sting out of the entire scenario.

So...to sum it up without all of my whining: taking one of the THREE instances of RNG out of this system would be fantastic, and it should probably be the one related to getting the rewards in the first place.

Edited by GamingVirtue
minor edit, left a word in after a revision that no longer belonged there

17 minutes ago, GamingVirtue said:

taking one of the THREE instances of RNG out of this system would be fantastic

3 ? hahaha, please count again.

Currently you have

1. RNG at the end of a sortie, to decide weither you get a riven or not
  2. RNG to decide what unveiling challenge you'll get
  3. RNG to decide what weapon you'll get the riven for
  4. RNG on the bonuses
  5. RNG to decide the exact amount of each bonus

And soon you'll have another layer of RNG because they want to fuse the secondary & shotgun riven with the rifle ones when obtaining it from the sortie :D

13 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Currently you have

4. RNG on the bonuses

And soon you'll have another layer of RNG because they want to fuse the secondary & shotgun riven with the rifle ones when obtaining it from the sortie :D

O the fun we will have with that much RNG in RNG. 😂

THE PAIN!

giphy_71.gif

19 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Currently you have

4. RNG on the bonuses

Right, right...I was compressing a few of those into a single instance, when they quite clearly aren't. My bad.

Also, seriously...if they just made them all a single "Riven" mod that differentiated based on the weapon it was equipped on (one of my suggestion from above, actually), we could cull two of the layers immediately. And it's not like that would make the game unbalanced, since Riven Disposition is already a thing and it auto-nerfs any mods for particularly OP weapons.

Exilus adapter BP from today's sortie. Thank you DE for those 2,500 credits, my time was so well spent...

Get us a token system and I can stop caring about all the worthless rewards you like to flood the drop tables with.

Edited by Snib

+1 for the token system.

Recently I came to value the credits I get from Sorties a lot more than the end of sortie rewards, because I know they'll be terrible. I got one riven mod since the sortie was reworked. Otherwise, I got flooded with lenses, which I have basically no use for, that sell for horrible prices, and, heck, that's even if they sell (hello, Great Untradeable Lens). Just yesterday and the day before, I got the exact same lens (Vazarin). Today, I got a yellow potato. Credits are a lot more valuable to me, and that says something about how bad the current sortie system is.

We need that token system. The sooner, the better.

After the pain of yesterday's sortie, getting my ivara sucked into mag bubbles, I am once again bumping this. The effort to complete a sortie, given the added difficulty and adaptation required, should ALWAYS be at least as rewarding as the same time spent on relics and farms, preferably a fair bit more considering how much easier and more figured out those missions are. 

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 8:13 AM, Trichouette said:

Considering the disposition is "strong" and the weapon is very powerful, I don't see the problem here

It's for a sentinel. (Meaning the user doesnt use it) Slowest RoF sentinel weapon. Is projectile (meaning ot doesnt always hit the enemies its suppose to specialize in) Works best with a sentinel that isnt very powerful.

Besides that, It could be powerful, even useful. But literally every other riven is better and, frankly, more fun. 

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Trichouette said:

The whole riven concept is turning into a bloody mess. I'm not even trying to use them anymore.

Still need a token system though

*Secretly plays with his tonkor riven at night when his friends aren't on.*

7 hours ago, (PS4)BY-51 said:

It's for a sentinel. (Meaning the user doesnt use it) Slowest RoF sentinel weapon. Is projectile (meaning ot doesnt always hit the enemies its suppose to specialize in) Works best with a sentinel that isnt very powerful.

Besides that, It could be powerful, even useful. But literally every other riven is better and, frankly, more fun. 

Well I like my diriga, every 6 sec it one-shot an enemy somewhere around me (70m range \o/)

7 hours ago, (PS4)BY-51 said:

*Secretly plays with his tonkor riven at night when his friends aren't on.*

Shame :D

On 01/12/2016 at 1:21 PM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

unnamed_7.png

☆ Sorties And A New Direction

Sorties are a good idea but even with TWW changes the rng can get people insanely salty. Mainly because of the time invested into them each day (once a day) only to pull items they don't need or want over and over.

☆ The Token System

Although this may not be what DE wants because RNG is useful to keep people going.

But a simple token system would make the Sortie dailies actually worthwhile. That way you guys don't need to spend more time and effort on trying to make it fair for all.

☆  Example 

First mission rewards : 15 tokens

Second mission rewards : 35 tokens

Third mission rewards : 50 tokens

Total - 100 tokens per day

☆ Vendor Location

We actually have room on our liset for a console or just chuck it on the relay. But this area could use it or maybe its my ocd of 2 right and 1 left. ?

PS_Messages_20161204_183751.jpg

☆ Vendor List Setup

With the lack of RNG , increase prices (on some) and change what you can get.

- 》2000 Endo 50 tokens / 4000 Endo 100 tokens?.

- 》Focus Lens 50 tokens?.

- 》3 Nitain  75 tokens?.

- 》Forma 100 tokens?.

- 》Riven Mod - Rifle 150 tokens?.

- 》Greater Focus Lens 250 tokens?.

- 》 Exlius 275 tokens?.

- 》 Reactor 300 tokens?.

- 》Catalyst 300 tokens?.

- 》Legendary Core ???, possibly kept as a ultra rare drop from sortie 3 - [Bonus].

☆  Possible Future?

- 》Arcanes  Common 100 tokens , Uncommon 175 tokens , Rare 300 tokens?.

- 》Kuva 1500 50 tokens / 3000 Kuva 100 tokens?.

- 》Sortie Honor Emblem 50 tokens?.

- 》Sortie Champion Sigil 100 tokens?.

- 》Riven Secondaries 150 tokens?.

☆  Possible Names

¤ Chitin

¤ Honor Mark

¤ Lotus Badge

¤ Indicia

[ Post other possible names below ]

☆ Notes 

• All numbers shown are just for the thread idea if implemented DE would set their own using their knowledge and data [ i cannot stress this enough] .

• As said in the comments if another currency is out of the question. Then possibly consider a reputation style -Tenno/Lotus affilated pseudo- Syndicate (like Cephalon symaris).

• Reason to the token price on Endo is because of how easy it is to get especially now with Ayatans and is hardly worth the spot in sorties.

• The new idea comming forth for Rivens will see this needed more ( see page 5).

• Now that Riven slots cost platinum this should be more reason to allow a token system into sorties.

You know you want to DE... 😂giphy_33.gif

I agree aswell have a bunch of cosmetic items that range from cheap to high end but love the idea of the token system means if you want something it's gonna have to do a bunch of sorties 

On 12/1/2016 at 8:21 AM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

the rng can get people insanely salty

salty is putting it midly. if lenses are supposed to be rarer that rivens, explain to me why i STILL havent gotten ONE riven from sorties, yet im sitting on an assload of lenses

... Maybe we could use Ducats or something. Already in the game and gives more of a reason to get relics and farm prime parts save for the usual bi-weekly Baro visits. I dunno, I'm just tired of getting screwed over. I keep getting Endo, and the one time I didn't I got an Orokin Reactor Blueprint. Which I had absolutely no use for since I didn't have anything to boost and already had 4 made ones. :/

The past 3 days I've gotten an Exilus Adapter BP everyday. This right here soke may call bad RNG but still there needs to be a token system to fight against this. If i needed these it would be another story but currently I don't and have 5 saved up that I've made in the past for future primes or frames...

12 hours ago, Neear said:

The past 3 days I've gotten an Exilus Adapter BP everyday. This right here soke may call bad RNG but still there needs to be a token system to fight against this. If i needed these it would be another story but currently I don't and have 5 saved up that I've made in the past for future primes or frames...

Precisely. Exilus adapters need to have their cost lowered though. It's a good reward but it's not usable. 2 crafted forma for 1 adapter? No friggin way. Ain't nobody got time for that.

This here is a great idea, and after reading it and the other comments the rng could still be sort of implemented with the "sortie store" having a limit of items that you can buy everyday.

Eg. Endo and riven mods could be the store's offers for that day, and the next day the store would offer lens and nitain

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 7:21 AM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

unnamed_7.png

☆ Sorties And A New Direction

Sorties are a good idea but even with TWW changes the rng can get people insanely salty. Mainly because of the time invested into them each day (once a day) only to pull items they don't need or want over and over.

☆ The Token System

Although this may not be what DE wants because RNG is useful to keep people going.

But a simple token system would make the Sortie dailies actually worthwhile. That way you guys don't need to spend more time and effort on trying to make it fair for all.

☆  Example 

First mission rewards : 15 tokens

Second mission rewards : 35 tokens

Third mission rewards : 50 tokens

Total - 100 tokens per day

☆ Vendor Location

We actually have room on our liset for a console or just chuck it on the relay. But this area could use it or maybe its my ocd of 2 right and 1 left. ?

PS_Messages_20161204_183751.jpg

☆ Vendor List Setup

With the lack of RNG , increase prices (on some) and change what you can get.

- 》2000 Endo 50 tokens / 4000 Endo 100 tokens?.

- 》Focus Lens 50 tokens?.

- 》3 Nitain  75 tokens?.

- 》Forma 100 tokens?.

- 》Riven Mod - Rifle 150 tokens?.

- 》Greater Focus Lens 250 tokens?.

- 》 Exlius 275 tokens?.

- 》 Reactor 300 tokens?.

- 》Catalyst 300 tokens?.

- 》Legendary Core ???, possibly kept as a ultra rare drop from sortie 3 - [Bonus].

☆  Possible Future?

- 》Arcanes  Common 100 tokens , Uncommon 175 tokens , Rare 300 tokens?.

- 》Kuva 1500 50 tokens / 3000 Kuva 100 tokens?.

- 》Sortie Honor Emblem 50 tokens?.

- 》Sortie Champion Sigil 100 tokens?.

- 》Riven Secondaries 150 tokens?.

☆  Possible Names

¤ Chitin

¤ Honor Mark

¤ Lotus Badge

¤ Indicia

[ Post other possible names below ]

☆ Notes 

• All numbers shown are just for the thread idea if implemented DE would set their own using their knowledge and data [ i cannot stress this enough] .

• As said in the comments if another currency is out of the question. Then possibly consider a reputation style -Tenno/Lotus affilated pseudo- Syndicate (like Cephalon symaris).

• Reason to the token price on Endo is because of how easy it is to get especially now with Ayatans and is hardly worth the spot in sorties.

• The new idea comming forth for Rivens will see this needed more ( see page 5).

• Now that Riven slots cost platinum this should be more reason to allow a token system into sorties.

You know you want to DE... 😂giphy_33.gif

OMG!  I'm just now seeing this.  I really like this idea OP.  It would actually make me play sorties more without feeling like I wasted my time. 

Everything they can to avoid losing RNG... this is actually alot worse for my clan as we are heavy spenders.... so when you have like a year of boosters a 3 day bonus would be the worst to get...

Also i liked having Nitain there because i can't always be on when alerts are there ... hope new items don't go too full on with nitain now... 😕

Please DE reconsider this.

Supporters let us continue to do our best to bring about this change. ♡😊♡

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Sortie Changes:

• Removed Nitain from Sortie Reward table and added 3-day Boosters in its place.
  • Changed Exilus Adapter BP reward to a fully-crafted Exilus Adapter

@Trichouette 😧😧😧

That's pathetic...

I care even less about a 3 day booster than 3 nitains, gimme back the nitain !

(just kidding, I still want that godamn token system)

I wonder if they fixed the "at least 4 nitains per day" condition

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Also i liked having Nitain there because i can't always be on when alerts are there ... hope new items don't go too full on with nitain now... 😕

You can also farm it from caches if you need it urgently, but I find just doing a quick alert every other day gives you plenty. I certainly have a fair amount stacked up. I'm more afraid of the infested frame going full out on Mutagen Mass which I need to start stocking up again.

Boosters are nearly as useless though. What they didn't mention is that they reduced the greater lens drop chance (another trash item) and boosted the Endo drop chances instead (which personally I don't mind but many will hate).

tl;dr: token system pls

The only "bad" thing about tokens is that it takes away the RNG-grindwall and makes the filler irrelevant. Albeit you could still stock up on these resources from Sorties!

I love it, to be honest. But It's going to be a looooooooooo(a hundred O's later)ooong time until DE finally buckles down and give players such a beautiful relief! 

16 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Sortie Changes:

• Removed Nitain from Sortie Reward table and added 3-day Boosters in its place.
  • Changed Exilus Adapter BP reward to a fully-crafted Exilus Adapter

@Trichouette 😧😧😧

We did it! They changed the exilus adapter blueprint to fully crafted. Sorry bout the Nitain. But in all honesty that should be rewarded for sortie everytime. Also those boosters... kuva faaaarrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmin!!!!!!!!!!!!!