Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Sorties , RNG And The Need For A Token System 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

One thing i want to know about the daily tribute is when does it end?. Are we gonna have 1500 day login tied weapons and prime mods?.

It should end at 500-800 and then just gives a set of daily rewards.

I'm more talking about the daily tribute rather than the millestones (I hate these things) but yeah... it's weird, how far that will go we don't know but I hope the game dies before we reach the end :D

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I'm more talking about the daily tribute rather than the millestones (I hate these things) but yeah... it's weird, how far that will go we don't know but I hope the game dies before we reach the end :D

Day 50,000 milestone 

500,000 platinum.😆

Besides the sortie token system giving sorties a good spot. Weekly quests like in my other post and a good raid rework like Destiny (one thing i liked about it).

Would definitely give abit for end game. Then it's a matter of making stuff like Relays (WOW style as in places to hang) and clans and alliances matter more (without hurting solo players).

Bumping a old thread here, which has a bit of both worlds; Tokens AND RNG:

Tl:dr, instead of direct rewards, we get common tokens, uncommon, rare etc, each of which have their own reward pool you get to choose from.

Edit (Some additional Ideas):

01. Spending/Getting a Common token should give you 'Token Fragments' as well. These fragments can then be fused to get an Uncommon or Rare token. At least 2 Uncommon Token fragments to make an Uncommon Token and 3 Rare Token fragments to make a Rare Token. This way you can at minimum receive 'Common' rewards ( aka Sculpture) for only 4 days in a row.

02. Every 5 days you get a guaranteed 'Riven Token' which can be exchanged for a random Riven (Random as in it can be a Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun, as according to current weights.

03. The Console @(PS4)Mofojokers can be used as a 'Token exchange' vendor and a Token Fragment-to-Token Exchange board.

Edited by ShadowMark25
Improved Idea and Added my own thoughts

4 hours ago, Trichouette said:

It's also marketed as "endgame", is it endgame ? Not really.

What you're saying makes sense but just because it's "rng reward" they shouldn't be that amazing.

What they want is players playing again and again the sortie but we've no reason to do so with this crap reward system. Hence why we're suggesting a token system.

And again, you don't want a lens, some players do :p

At least we agree on the legendary core... I don't care about geting one either.

(talking about daily tribute, they really should change these...)

Oh no, we also agree that we need a token system. My comment was geared more toward the current system.

3 forma shouldn't be that amazing since you're supposed to not be able to get them back to back to back.

With a token system, I'm all for whatever since I can just choose what I want.

Without it, yeah these rewards need to change and stand on equal ground. Even if it means I can only get one of certain rewards each week, it'd be much better than the depressing/hilarious "kek just got a(n) X"

With a token system I, personally, would also consider adding a sortie/raid chest system. Something players can earn by completing challenges or something or buy if they want extra.

I played sorties daily since inception because they had exclusive weapons that i needed for mastery rank.  They changed the reward systems a couple times but overall the benefits were you could acquire duplicates to sell, also nezha, and get some decent fusions from time to time.    From almost the beginning they had a non-repeating system.   You could be assured if you did sorties enough you would get everything.      Then they DE did the unthinkable.   They started handing out those weapons all over the place and made nezha a dojo item, and then nailed the coffin by finally just giving out these crappy repeating rewards.     At one point I took about 3 months off from playing because there literally was nothing i wanted or needed.  I could do them all solo so there was no mission challenge anymore.   Then the rivens showed up.   A reason to return.   But alas, they're not that common it seems even though we're told they are.

One way to look at this is from a fresh perspective,  Imagine that DE just introduced them today and said, if you do these sorties you'll have a 1 in 100 chance at a legendary, and about a 1 in 10 chance to get a riven mod.   No other reward beside credit and 2000k endo.   Would people play them?   You know they would and they wouldn't even complain because it wasn't really an option.    DE: "Sorties are the only way to get Riven's and legendary's but we'll throw in endo/creds"   

But they spoiled us by giving us a foolproof way to get some great weapons and tiered loot.    Now they took that away and we're back to RNG in a big way with rewards that "FEEL" insulting.  If i remember right, didn't they have orokin cell as a reward for a while.   So our perspective is now skewered.    Honestly, endo or nitain or any resource shouldn't even be a mission reward.  (maybe 1000 mutagen samples i'll agree to)

Personally I kinda like the idea of some sort of crediting system but I also agree that it isn't the best solution for reason already stated.  I would compromise and make it much simpler.

The idea of the sorties is to offer something exclusive to sorties.  So Legendary cores which are extremely rare and now rivens which will always be in a bit of a high demand as they themselves have a LOT of built in rng but offer really great reward. This also leaves in room for any other Sortie Exclusive reward they want to introduce into the future.

OPTION #1 - Similar to current system without the insult of nitain, forma, etc.

1.  Finishing daily sortie would indeed give you the big credits and 2000k endo as base rewards

2.  Exclusive sortie reward of Leg. Core / Riven mod at their current drop rates

Option #2 - Compromised token system

1.  Finishing daily sortie would indeed give you the same base rewards ..... a single sortie token and DUCATS (to be determined by DE) say 75x7=525 per week

2.  During Baro's visit, in addition to his regular loot, he would offer Riven's (or other sortie exclusives in some limiting amount.  Maybe 1 of each class per visit or maybe 3 total in random classes.  Something like that.   But they would be priced pretty high.   I'd even go with a price of say 400 ducats.   Here's why.   We would need to do more Fissure missions which would then force people to sell more stuff to baro than to tenno meaning people might have to buy more plat.  This is good for DE's bottom line.  Each sortie exclusive item, currently Riven mods, would also cost 2 sortie tokens to prevent non sortie players from buying them with regularly obtained ducats.

Another variant is just let Baro sell Rivens in unlimited amounts to anyone but price them at 500 ducats ea and by category.    Doing the daily sortie would just add Ducats to the base rewards in some measurable amount to make it worth while.   Honestly, the more riven's out there the more DE makes so not sure why they wouldn't want these things everywhere.

The only glitch is Lenses, which I have no real opinion on.   You only need two schools to be frank and don't even need to hardly max either of them.   Maybe give them out as daily login rewards.   I don't know.   That whole focus thing hasn't been looked at in over a year so I just don't know.

Honestly, I just wish they'd scrap Baro and replace him with a permanent store that sold all these items.   Kinda silly to have him show up with random stuff anyway.  

Great idea.

But in my opinion, the costs of the items should go up if they were even to consider it.

Every thing else is RNG based in this game this would make everything way to easy to get our hands on, not to mention DE would'nt make any money for Greater focus lenses, Orokin Cataclysts/Reactor, and we need to remember there is already a way to get an exilus adapter quite easy (50k syndicate standing for the cephalon simaris)

To me it takes the fun away from the sorties, everyday i like the excitement there is from the last sortie mission. Uhh what do i get. And of course we get the common items more than any other items, thats how it works. It wouldnt be fun if we got the good itmes every day, or every other day. By this we would be able to get what ever we want a couple of times a week or more for the lower cost items. Its not healthy for the game in my honest opinion.

It would be nice to have access to a few of the items more regularly, but this would make it way too easy, and a bit boring in the long run.

It would tip the balance of the trade market on riven mods, because we would be able to get them way to frequently.

Remember this is MY opinion. I think you've done a really good job, it's a really good idea. I just dont think it would benefit the game in a positive way, but maybe thats just me.

Look at this as an opinion, and not as a blow to the face.

Have a good one ;)

Edited by Delamir

Even when i didn´t have read now all 15 pages (way to lazy for this) i sign this directly 3-times and more. Since i finished TWW i have most of the times the endo reward (2k). When i remember it correct i finished TWW 3 weeks ago and i got so far 6 Rivens, 1 small lense and the rest only Endo.

I can understand maybe at some point that the RNG is an "good" timegate but seriously in this case it´s total crap. I mean we put work in these sorties (sometime more sometimes less depending on the faction and the players) but what does it bring me when i need 30-60 mins and recieve then a crap reward i dont really need atm?

The token system would be an good solution cus in the end we then can decide what we want and need. Leave the Exilus, Forma, Orokins and Core as rare extra reward for an "extra" motivation next to the tokens. Even after the changed Sortie system i recieved now my 4th Anasa Ayatan in a row.

16 minutes ago, Vesperos said:

Snip

Don't worry your far far from alone. I think last week my brother and i did one just to give it another chance after our previous bad luck.😐

We got a 3 day exp booster.... we were sitting there going erm... we buy PA all the time and always have tonnes of boosters and worse nothing to level.😧

It annoyed us so much we jumped off and played Fallout...gave them raiders a whooping.😂

But we are getting closer to the 500 marker so hopefully DE may reconsider the idea.😊

15 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Don't worry your far far from alone. I think last week my brother and i did one just to give it another chance after our previous bad luck.😐

We got a 3 day exp booster.... we were sitting there going erm... we buy PA all the time and always have tonnes of boosters and worse nothing to level.😧

It annoyed us so much we jumped off and played Fallout...gave them raiders a whooping.😂

But we are getting closer to the 500 marker so hopefully DE may reconsider the idea.😊

In the end they already habe a kind of token system via the factions and i guess it's done right (even if the rank up payment is a bit crap in the later stages (prime parts for R4)) but in the end we gather the "tokens" and spend them for something we need/want.

They could have made there an rng system as well but where smart enough not to make it.

For me personally it's already enough rng to drop mods, are unsure if an when a death mark triggers, what the next spawning has done lol.

On 2/6/2017 at 7:31 PM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Wasn't gonna run today's sortie but for some reason I did, anyway. I'll just leave this here:

Probably means that I used up my luck, only Endo from here on out. ;)

Edited by Snib

• 2 weeks later...

If a token system did exist those numbers would be way too small to justify the more rarer options. 

More likely numbers would be 

Minimum 100 for common.
600 uncommon
1200 for rare
3500 for legendary

That would more accurately represent the drop chance for specific items ( except common ) 

• 1 month later...

I think it could work with rng.

1/ remove endo/ayatan/other useless reward. Replace each of those with riven. There's high rng with riven, so even 100% of getting a riven mod would be a very random reward (it has to be with a weapon you can stand, then it has to have the right stats).

2/ use the same system as relics: everyone gets a reward, then each player can chose among each reward. This reduces the randomness and gives a reason to carry people.

In the other hand, I'd prefer a token system ike op suggested. Or a mixed system: rng may be fun because of the excitation of winning at the lottery, token add a feeling of advancement even when the rng is against you.

Edited by mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa

Could be an idea to have a moving token vendor. Like a roaming treasurehunter wich could spawn as part of a map. 

where is the token vendor today ? On neptune ! Lets do some missions on neptune then. ( like this stalker event )

8 hours ago, mplokijuhygtfrdeszqa said:

remove endo/ayatan/other useless reward.

8 hours ago, ShadowStalker said:

useless for you?

for me they are a really good source for endo and removes my problem for spaming hieracon or rathum 

And here is another purpose of the token system, no reward is useless if you can choose which one you get :p

On 4/24/2017 at 10:31 AM, ShadowStalker said:

useless for you?

for me they are a really good source for endo and removes my problem for spaming hieracon or rathum 

Endo isn't useless, but there are other way to farm it. There isn't any way to get riven mods; and sorties don't give that much endo (a legendary core only replaces endo and credits, but at least it does it in quantities I care about: 40k endo and 2M credits. I don't really care about 4k endo, there are other way to get that).

I wouldn't have any problem with a token system allowing people to get endo from sortie. But as a random reward? The stuff you can get in the same quantities by other means shouldn't be a possible reward.

12 minutes ago, Snib said:

So, Operation: Ambulas Reborn has a token system for the rewards, I guess that makes it a lot less unlikely that one day we'll get one for sorties.

Which is exactly why I asked on the second stream podcast thing why it was ok to introduce a token system in an event (that obviously seems grindy) and not ok to put one on the daily sortie mission.