Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

《 Sorties , RNG And The Need For A Token System 》

(PSN)Mofojokers

gonna give you a +1 on this one. 

never really did the sorties when we had the seasons. too many things for RNG to decide and i remember getting 25 cores/2k endo for weeks at a time. turned me off to the idea of sorties. But, with TWW update, i have been trying to do them everyday (stocking up on endo now haha) trying to get some good rivens haha

On 12/1/2016 at 8:21 AM, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

unnamed_7.png

☆ Sorties And A New Direction

Sorties are a good idea but even with TWW changes the rng can get people insanely salty. Mainly because of the time invested into them each day (once a day) only to pull items they don't need or want over and over.

☆ The Token System

Although this may not be what DE wants because RNG is useful to keep people going.

But a simple token system would make the Sortie dailies actually worthwhile. That way you guys don't need to spend more time and effort on trying to make it fair for all.

☆  Example 

First mission rewards : 15 tokens

Second mission rewards : 35 tokens

Third mission rewards : 50 tokens

Total - 100 tokens per day

☆ Vendor Location

We actually have room on our liset for a console or just chuck it on the relay. But this area could use it or maybe its my ocd of 2 right and 1 left. ?

PS_Messages_20161204_183751.jpg

☆ Vendor List Setup

With the lack of RNG , increase prices (on some) and change what you can get.

- 》2000 Endo 50 tokens / 4000 Endo 100 tokens?.

- 》Focus Lens 50 tokens?.

- 》3 Nitain  75 tokens?.

- 》Forma 100 tokens?.

- 》Riven Mod - Rifle 150 tokens?.

- 》Greater Focus Lens 250 tokens?.

- 》 Exlius 275 tokens?.

- 》 Reactor 300 tokens?.

- 》Catalyst 300 tokens?.

- 》Legendary Core ???, possibly kept as a ultra rare drop from sortie 3 - [Bonus].

☆  Possible Future?

- 》Arcanes  Common 100 tokens , Uncommon 175 tokens , Rare 300 tokens?.

- 》Kuva 1500 50 tokens / 3000 Kuva 100 tokens?.

- 》Sortie Honor Emblem 50 tokens?.

- 》Sortie Champion Sigil 100 tokens?.

- 》Riven Secondaries 150 tokens?.

☆  Possible Names

¤ Chitin

¤ Honor Mark

¤ Lotus Badge

¤ Indicia

[ Post other possible names below ]

☆ Notes 

• As said in the comments if another currency is out of the question. Then possibly consider a reputation style -Tenno/Lotus affilated pseudo- Syndicate (like Cephalon symaris).

• Reason to the token price on Endo is because of how easy it is to get especially now with Ayatans and is hardly worth the spot in sorties.

• All numbers shown are just for the thread if implemented DE would set their own.

• Do not swap out Riven rifles for Riven Secondaries but instead add them to the table. Were you not trying to get rid of season reward system?.

• Now that Riven slots cost platinum this should be more reason to allow a token system into sorties.

You know you want to DE... 😂giphy_33.gif

honestly a token system  just seems so short-sighted, yeah it's better than RNG, but what is stopping me from repeatedly buying riven mods, keep rerolling them until i get soma and tonkor mods then sell them for thousands of plat? and besides, their servers won't be able to handle the massive influx of riven mods this would create due to how may combinations of stats riven mods can have

be honest with yourself, you just want it to be easier to get tonkor riven mods just like every other person here. it's cute you think this is ever going to be a good idea

42 minutes ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

what is stopping me from repeatedly buying riven mods, keep rerolling them until i get soma and tonkor mods then sell them for thousands of plat?

How is that a problem ?

It's good for you and for DE

Also you CAN'T reroll the weapon the riven is made for, only the stats.

their servers won't be able to handle the massive influx of riven mods this would create due to how may combinations of stats riven mods can have

They already fixed that (false) problem by puting a limit.

you just want it to be easier to get tonkor riven mods just like every other person here.

What if I told you I don't care about riven and tonkor and even more about a riven for tonkor ?

Just because you want one so bad it doesn't mean we all do. The last weapon I wanted a riven for was the braton & dera just because it would be funny.

Also I would recommend NOT quoting the OP, especially when it's this big.

Edited by Trichouette

47 minutes ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

honestly a token system  just seems so short-sighted, yeah it's better than RNG, but what is stopping me from repeatedly buying riven mods, keep rerolling them until i get soma and tonkor mods then sell them for thousands of plat? and besides, their servers won't be able to handle the massive influx of riven mods this would create due to how may combinations of stats riven mods can have

be honest with yourself, you just want it to be easier to get tonkor riven mods just like every other person here. it's cute you think this is ever going to be a good idea

Trust me if i wanted a Tonkor Riven mod I'd buy one. 😂

Talking to someone who has spent a good $10,000+ on Warframe....

But to the point i hate Riven mods and i hate Tonkor.

To your other point you know we have a limit correct?, even if you buy slots it stops at 60. DE are not as silly as you believe they would be ready for such situations.

PS don't say cute.... it just sounds insanely silly.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

19 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

It's good for you and for DE

yes, in short term, but in the long run, it's just going to dilute the purpose of riven mods being this very rare but immeasurably useful item, not to mention catalysts, reactors, lenses and adapters will be as common as credits with this, diluting the purpose of yet even more items

besides, RNG keeps you playing, what would be the point of sorties when you get everything you need within 2-3 days?

Edited by (PS4)mr_chainsaw555

Just now, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

it's just going to dilute the purpose of riven mods being this very rare but immeasurably useful item,

They're not "immeasurably useful items"... How does that make any sense ?

Who care if items are in big numbers in game, players will keep buying stuff in the market, trading stuff to obtain plat, and pay in order to have plat to trade with. There is no problem with all that.

And since there is a stupid limit in riven mods, they can't be "that" common anyway.

When are people going to understand that we need to have a proper reward system for the time you spend in game

14 hours ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

yes, in short term, but in the long run, it's just going to dilute the purpose of riven mods being this very rare but immeasurably useful item, not to mention catalysts, reactors, lenses and adapters will be as common as credits with this, diluting the purpose of yet even more items

besides, RNG keeps you playing, what would be the point of sorties when you get everything you need within 2-3 days?

You know RNG is a good thing when you can run the requirements over and over (Diablo style).☺

When it comes to dailies that you should feel rewarded for doing a token system is used (World of Warcraft style).☺

As it is all sorties do are upset and annoy people for putting the effort in.😡

Some poor sods have been running it everyday and getting 2k Endo over and over (this really upsets alot of veterans and heavy spenders like myself) . 😧

If you read over this carefully especially if your a veteran you should see this system as both fair and rewarding and long term useful. 😊

Especially since their new plans for Rivens. 😤😧

I'm not trying to go against you or anything i actually want to change your mind.

Some very worrying information about Rivens could see this idea pushed even harder by players. 😐

DE_Drew : 

Secondary & (potentially) Shotgun Riven Plans: 

As you may have already heard, we plan to include Secondary Rivens with our 19.5 update but if possible, we’ll also include Shotgun Rivens! Our current plan is to include these new Mods in the Sortie reward pool so that if you receive a Riven reward, it has a chance of being either a Rifle, Shotgun, or Secondary Riven. The exact chance for each is still being worked on. We do not plan to change the chance to receive a Riven Mod as a Sortie reward at this time. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Some very worrying information about Rivens could see this idea pushed even harder by players. 😐

DE_Drew : 

Secondary & (potentially) Shotgun Riven Plans: 

As you may have already heard, we plan to include Secondary Rivens with our 19.5 update but if possible, we’ll also include Shotgun Rivens! Our current plan is to include these new Mods in the Sortie reward pool so that if you receive a Riven reward, it has a chance of being either a Rifle, Shotgun, or Secondary Riven. The exact chance for each is still being worked on. We do not plan to change the chance to receive a Riven Mod as a Sortie reward at this time. 

The whole riven concept is turning into a bloody mess. I'm not even trying to use them anymore.

Still need a token system though

I think you are low balling the values by quite a bit.  You have think of it this way:. Should a sortie guarantee me a riven mod every day?  I feel the intent is no.

I get that you proposal is just that and the values are suggestions.  

Another option is a random chance at sortie exclusives and guaranteed tokens.

The rivens are random but only contest with nitain, legendary cores, and other riven types.

The tokens are used to buy all of the other stuff.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

You know RNG is a good thing when you can run the requirements over and over (Diablo style).☺

When it comes to dailies that you should feel rewarded for doing a token system is used (World of Warcraft style).☺

As it is all sorties do are upset and annoy people for putting the effort in.😡

Some poor sods have been running it everyday and getting 2k Endo over and over (this really upsets alot of veterans and heavy spenders like myself) . 😧

If you read over this carefully especially if your a veteran you should see this system as both fair and rewarding and long term useful. 😊

Especially since their new plans for Rivens. 😤😧

I'm not trying to go against you or anything i actually want to change your mind.

i'm still not convinced this is good for DE, it'd be less of a pain to get legendary cores and rivens, sure, but that's exactly the problem, once i get the rivens for my signature weapons (being the opticor, twin kohmak, venka/prime, karak/wraith, and a couple of others), the sorties would immediatly outlive their usefulness for me, and then people like me would head to the forums to moan about the lack of content yet again

26 minutes ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

i'm still not convinced this is good for DE, it'd be less of a pain to get legendary cores and rivens, sure, but that's exactly the problem, once i get the rivens for my signature weapons (being the opticor, twin kohmak, venka/prime, karak/wraith, and a couple of others), the sorties would immediatly outlive their usefulness for me, and then people like me would head to the forums to moan about the lack of content yet again 《😕

The thread actually has cores kept away as ultra rare drops from sortie 3.

It seems only certain rivens are the only things you mainly want. Arcanes , Kuva ,  Endo and items like Catalysts or formas don't interest you?.

Ok then next bit...

Consider what their planning by making Rivens have a chance to drop any Riven type without the drop increase.

So.........

RNG chance to get a Riven (against a very large pool).

RNG to get the correct Riven category.

RNG to then get the weapon you want out of all the weapons in that type.

RNG to get good stats otherwise you play the RNG Kuva game.

[All this to 1 sortie per day]

Not counting future weapons or maybe you wanting to try another weapon outside your list down the track.

Now if your ok with all that and don't want to lessen it at all by atleast been able to be rewarded for your effort in sorties by having abit of choice then i cannot convince you further. 😕

I really really hope that this convinced you to see otherwise. ☺

25 minutes ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

the sorties would immediatly outlive their usefulness for me, and then people like me would head to the forums to moan about the lack of content yet again

And this is exactly why we need more rewards added to the list, WITH a token system.

You can easily add stuffs like :

- a huge amount of a common ressource of your choice

- a medium amount of a rare ressource of your choice

- arcanes (with a different amount of token for each rarity)

- ducats

- a very huge pack of credit (why not ?)

- Weapon parts

etc...

The only goal is to be properly rewarded by having the choice, because sortie isn't farmable like other RNG stuff.

I do agree though that the original post's token amount per reward is badly made, but we're more talking about the fact of being able to choose a reward.

13 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

And this is exactly why we need more rewards added to the list, WITH a token system.

- ducats

- Weapon parts

etc...

The only goal is to be properly rewarded by having the choice, because sortie isn't farmable like other RNG stuff.

I do agree though that the original post's token amount per reward is badly made, but we're more talking about the fact of being able to choose a reward.

Yeah I just updated the post so that hopefully people understand it's about choice and not to focus on the costs. Especially when i don't have any knowledge of what DE would be ok with or data to back it up.

• All numbers shown are just for the thread idea if implemented DE would set their own using their knowledge and data [ i cannot stress this enough] .

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

-snip-

arcanes- 40% chance for a small amount of shock resistance, chance for parkour buff, 5 second invis (when naramon and my huras kubrow, chica, exists), yay?

potatoes- yay, another addition to my plentiful potato collection

forma- ...when i have 20 blueprints for the stuff

kuva: already 10k and growing, don't you know kuva missions are kind of easy when you come to terms with how transference works? not to mention the upcoming kuva cost cap

you see, the only thing that'd be worth getting right now is rivens, you might as well hand me my opticor riven at that point when you can buy it and let me be like "tonkor? what was that again?" 

16 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

- ducats

and to you sir

- common resources... *hysterical laughter while looking at massive ferrite and salvage reserve*

- uncommon/rare resources: why buy neural sensors when i can beat them out of the salad man himself for free?

- arcanes: refer to my previous statement on arcanes

- ducats: because the people don't already have enough ammunition for bellyaching about the new void, and like baro's bringing in anything massive/new lately

- credits: really? no one above MR 10 is exactly hurting for credits right now (unless you impulsively bought a stockpile of pedestal primes)

you see? no one has found any good reason for me to like a token system for sorties, it's good for us, a shot in the foot for DE

6 minutes ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

-snip-

Just because YOU don't need that it doesn't mean it's useless.

And if you don't even understand the concept of "being rewarded for the time you spent playing" well sorry but we can't do anything for you.

Ressource/credit pack seem useless to some people but useful to some other, just like lenses are completely useless to me and good for other people who still need to max their focus.

23 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

"being rewarded for the time you spent playing"

if that time i spent getting every reward i would want is anywhere equal to by the end of the week, then frankly, you're doing something wrong,

besides, what's the better story to tell on how you got your kickass tiberon riven, a story of how you and your squad hung on by the skin of your teeth against a massive hoard of infested in a survival mission, or just "i bought it"?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

besides, what's the better story to tell on how you got your kickass tiberon riven, a story of how you and your squad hung on by the skin of your teeth against a massive hoard of infested in a survival mission, or just "i bought it"?

Wow... that's an amazing argument I have to say. and it's not "you and your squad hung on by the skin of your teeth against a massive hoard of infested in a survival mission" it's rather "I grinded for 15 days straigth, obtaining only endo at the end of the day, until I got a riven, which was for another weapon... and I kept going"

Personnally i agree with the change of system, of course not for everything in the game. But there's many thing where RNG is really awful. On every sortie i've made after The War Within i've got 2000 endo ten times and one riven mod one time. Nice...really nice...when i juste unlock the focus branch and need lents... Another exemple: Jordas Precept. I need the cocoon Phorliac Blueprint. I've killed the juggernaut twenty time. I can craft the blueprint 4 or maybe five time...But i haven't drop the blueprint yet. And the codex says it's THE first common drop on the list LOL. At least when you give a quest, don't make one where's the key to begin it is somewhere in a loterie where who have as much luck as being milliardaire with the French's Loto.

So...i think that the original idea is not bad, of course we could discuss about the price and about the futur rewards but about the system, i find it actually more fair than the RNG system. And it's about important reward or things that's really hard to drop (but they should be DIFFICULT to drop, not IMPOSSIBLE because of a damn lack of luck which follow you for years, that's a kind of things that can make you stop playing a game.) but that we NEED.

29 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Considering the disposition is "strong" and the weapon is very powerful, I don't see the problem here

Not a problem but for most players a disappointment. Many players don't even use weapons on their sentinels because you don't need their dps and using them has some downsides. You must be truly bored to forma a sentinel gun for a riven IMHO. Was happy when I managed to sell my Vulklok one off for a few plat.