Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Gaming Giveaway

[DE]Taylor

6 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Do the terms apply even if it's just for the Prime Access?

I believe that is the case. giveaway that has "real money" value, is subject to tax.
limitations to regions they announced look like a mix of tax/delivery problems.(+ remember some places on earth consider that GAMBLING)
But, i may be completely wrong.

DONT BLAME DE. its YOUR country Tax/gambling restrictions. 

Edited by PiotrGracz

5 minutes ago, Kracken said:

To enter you have to be :
(a) be at least 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, (residents of Alabama or Nebraska must be at least 19 years old; residents of Mississippi must be at least 21 years old), at the time of entry;
(b) possess a valid form of identification; and,
(c) be a legal resident of:
 one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations),
  Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec,
Finland,
 France,
 Germany,
Mexico,
Norway,
Russia,
Switzerland, or
the United Kingdom

Now I'm not sure if I, as a resident of the Netherlands, am excluded from winning anything or not..
I mean, if I'm not eligible to win because of where I live, why the hell would I bother entering?

I'm ticking the other things without any issue.
I'd be pretty sad if I can't enter because I live in the wrong country..

Just now, TheKinginCrimsonRed said:

Great, most of Europe gets screwed over, including the part where I live.

uugghhhh

Asia and Oceania gets screwed over as well, also Africa and South America, don't be so sad. We'll make our own giveaways, with space blackjack and hookers

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

to all those wondering about eligibility or lack there of, see post from the first page

I can still understand people -at least- getting annoyed by this.. hell, I'm annoyed, I'm also conflicted, I don't like giving a company S#&$ over giving away free stuff, after all, they don't have to.

But even if it's not really their fault, it's still akin to having your birthday, which at least in my country comes with the tradition of treating your classmates to a snack, basically, you bring snacks, but only enough for half the class, so you go ''I could only bring enough for half the class.. so the rest of you.. sorry..''.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Yes!

Could you explain why? Possibly I don't get the intricacies of it, but how is winning a Prime Access pack, different from winning a plat prize in a Twitch stream..? I kinda assumed that even if I can't get the big goodies, I could at least win a Prime Access pack if I do win something, despite being from an in-eligible country.

Edited by Artorius-Alter

1 minute ago, Elite_Titan_YT said:

Is the prize only for people living in America????

You need to be living in one of these countries:

"(c) be a legal resident of: (i) one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations), (ii) Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec, (iii) Finland, (iv) France, (v) Germany, (vi) Mexico, (vii) Norway, (viii) Russia, (ix) Switzerland, or (x) the United Kingdom."

1 minute ago, Artorius-Alter said:

I can still understand people -at least- getting annoyed by this.. hell, I'm annoyed, I'm also conflicted, I don't like giving a company S#&$ over giving away free stuff, after all, they don't have to.

But even if it's not really their fault, it's still akin to having your birthday, which at least in my country comes with the tradition of treating your classmates to a snack, basically, you bring snacks, but only enough for half the class, so you go ''I could only bring enough for half the class.. so the rest of you.. sorry..''.

I too understand the frustration. just trying to throw it out there that it is not DE's fault on this matter.