[DE]Danielle

How to enable Two-Factor Authentication

We take account and game security very seriously and are constantly working to improve it. To protect your account we highly suggest you enable Two-Factor Authentication! Here's how (images included in spoilers): 

1. To enable Two-Factor Authentication, go to Warframe.com and select “Account Management” from the menu beside your account name (log in if necessary). 
    Spoiler

7t0Y7UT.jpg

2. On your account management page, you should see the option to enable Two-Factor Authentication.
    Spoiler

yilhNh4.jpg

3. You’ll receive an email with a link to confirm. Click the link, and you’re all set!

• Upvote 12

13 minutes ago, Imaru said:

I thought this went live a few months ago... What prompted this?

It did! We just never left a permanent thread up that people can reach. The recent changes to gifting in Update 19.2.0 prompted us to re-post the instructions: 

In preparation for our upcoming holiday campaign, we have increased the number of gifts you can send with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) enabled. You must also be Mastery Rank 2 or higher to send gifts. The higher your Mastery Rank the more gifts can be sent (similar to max trades per day). However, if you do not have 2FA enabled, the minimum requirement to send gifts is Mastery Rank 8. 

2 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

So, what does this do?

Now if you log in from a device for the fist time (if you have 2fa enabled) it will send an email to the email address associated with the account. The new device won't be able to be used until a code in that email is entered into the game. 

Basically it makes it so you need the account's password and the email password to get in. 

• Upvote 1

I am beyond happy that this is now a feature. 2 factor is something I've been hoping for on my Warframe account for years. I'd rather lose my credit card than lose access to my Warframe account!

• Upvote 1