Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meridian: Fortress (Open IC RP)

Rakawan

With the Kuva Fortress under new leadership multiple opportuniites have opened up.

While the base is heavily damaged, Tenno and Meridian clones work day and night to repair it.

Others lead raids on grineer installations, hoping to acquire ise modules and tech for their own use.

----------

This is a social, action, and combat thread. It is mostly open world with certain quests and stories tha can be triggered. 

Lore is post U19 with the added feature of the Kween's death and the capture of the Kuva fortress.

Races are Ex-Grineer, Human, and Tenno. Other races may be allowed at GM discretion.

The base is currently under military rule and as such those who cause disruptions may be removed by security.

Possible tasks are joining supply raids, fixing up the base, training troops, or doing weapons and armor research.

More may become available.

The thread is linked to Homeworld and characters can port over.

Membership in Homeworld is not required. If you have questions about the story there are OC's who can answer them IC. 

Due to the complexity of the story I will give you knowledge of the backstory relevant to what your OC would know. Anything else you must discover or ask NPc's about IC.

If your character has special weapons or abilities make sure to run them by the GM first.

-----

How to start: 

Reply to the post below.

If you have any questions PM me or post them in the Synergy OOC thread.

Factions encountered:

Jester Outcasts

These timid but clever runts live in the vents and tunnels of the Kuva Fortress. While deathly afraid of any on-Grineer entity, they  respond well to kind acts. Befriending may take a while, but could lead to an increased chance of acquiring additional supplies.

Edited by Rakawan

2 minutes ago, Drakeardian said:

(Quick question, what are credentials?)

((Like a degree in engineering, evidence of having worked in engineering, for engineers. Basically anything that shows you actually know how to do the job you are signing up for. If you have more questions you can ask them in the Synergy OOC thread.))

((If you want to join edit your response to your characters introduction and I'll edit this to the response.))

Edited by Rakawan

23 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You enter the Meridian embassy. A trooper asks you for your name, race, credentials, and occupation. 

Bombards and Troopers stand guard. A scanner checks for any hidden weapons.

A Grineer Artificer in Meridoan colors walks up.

"Frohk Li." He says. "Meridian Liason to the Healers. Richard recommended me."

The guard takes the offered holo-pad and scans it.

"It checks out." He says. "Shuttle departs soon. Grab a seat and wait."

Frohk nodded and took a seat in the shuttle beyond the doors.

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*An female Grinner walks up the scanners, she perks a brow, then looks over to the Bombard* "Vay Kee'la, Grinner, Used to a Kuva Ballista, but wanted to change, to see if I can something better, you still taking people?" 

The guard looks over your credentials.

"What sort of job you looking for?" He asks.

4 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*She smiles and nods* "Repairs, fixing things up"

He hands back the credentials.

"Shuttles prepping for launch." He says. "Take a seat."

As you do Frohk looks at you. He is tinkering with a Carabus drone with teal paint.

"I'm Frohk Li." He says. "I'm the medic. We'lll probably end up knowing eachother quite well, considering the working conditions."

Edited by Rakawan

As the shuttle continues to prep a strange pair walks up.

"You have your toothbrush right?" The Corpus asks. "And your sleeping roll?"

"Clem." The small clone says. 

"And you have....?" Dario starts to ask.

"Clem grakata." Clem replies.

"Alriht then." The merchant says. He puts a hand on the clone's shoulder. "You take care of yourself now, okay buddy?"

Cpek turns and grips the merchants upper arm.

"Clem Clem." He says.

He pats Darvo on the shoulder and boards the transport.

19 hours ago, Rakawan said:

He hands back the credentials.

"Shuttles prepping for launch." He says. "Take a seat."

As you do Frohk looks at you. He is tinkering with a Carabus drone with teal paint.

"I'm Frohk Li." He says. "I'm the medic. We'lll probably end up knowing eachother quite well, considering the working conditions."

*She nods* "Sounds good, tho a few things I need to talk to you about, if your the right man for it, a few issues"

*She nods* "Sounds good, tho a few things I need to talk to you about, if your the right man for it, a few issues"

"Well I'mnot therapist but I am a good listener." He chuckles. "And we've got some time. Fire away."

*An Grinner Lancer in Kuva colors, walks over to the scanners, face masked still, he stops and looks up to the Guards, he then hands them a file* "My name is Ka'Rak Ti, Grinner as you can see, I'm here upon half of my Tenno Friend, he pointed me out, that Steel Meridien, they seem a hard and impressive bunch, used to work in Kuva Research"

*He rubs his chin, then speeks out once more* "Oh my credentials are on the file"

<It Shows his high research skills in Kuva & Weapon's tech> 

Edited by -Platinum-
Missed something!

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*An Grinner Lancer in Kuva colors, walks over to the scanners, face masked still, he stops and looks up to the Guards, he then hands them a file* "My name is Ka'Rak Ti, Grinner as you can see, I'm here upon half of my Tenno Friend, he pointed me out, that Steel Meridien, they seem a hard and impressive bunch, used to work in Kuva Research"

*He rubs his chin, then speeks out once more* "Oh my credentials are on the file"

<It Shows his high research skills in Kuva & Weapon's tech> 

"No research." The grunt says. "Need experts."

He checks your credentials.

"You know about Kuva?" He asks. "Then welcome aboard, soldier."

He waves you past to where the shuttle sits.

"Shuttle full." He says. "Launching now."

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"No research." The grunt says. "Need experts."

He checks your credentials.

"You know about Kuva?" He asks. "Then welcome aboard, soldier."

He waves you past to where the shuttle sits.

"Shuttle full." He says. "Launching now."

*He Shrugs and takes a seat, waiting for launch, he takes a brief second to look to see who's abroad* "Humm"

*He Shrugs and takes a seat, waiting for launch, he takes a brief second to look to see who's abroad* "Humm"

Clem, A Grineer Artificer, a Ballista, and two Guardsman clad in red silk sit inside the shuttle.

The shuttle door closes and it rumbles as it takes off.

"Alright marines listen up." Cressa's voice says from a screen. "Here's the details. Yesterday we captured the Kuva Fortress."

She pauses. The Guardsman whoop and holler.

"Alright quit your cheering." She says. "The base is... rundown, to put it lightly. Power is offline, major systems are compromised, and there may or may not be void-mad soldiers hiding out. Your job is to work together to get it shipshape. Resources will be limited and time is tight. You will be under the command of General Luc. Do what he says, and make me proud soldiers. For the Colonies!"

22 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Clem, A Grineer Artificer, a Ballista, and two Guardsman clad in red silk sit inside the shuttle.

The shuttle door closes and it rumbles as it takes off.

"Alright marines listen up." Cressa's voice says from a screen. "Here's the details. Yesterday we captured the Kuva Fortress."

She pauses. The Guardsman whoop and holler.

"Alright quit your cheering." She says. "The base is... rundown, to put it lightly. Power is offline, major systems are compromised, and there may or may not be void-mad soldiers hiding out. Your job is to work together to get it shipshape. Resources will be limited and time is tight. You will be under the command of General Luc. Do what he says, and make me proud soldiers. For the Colonies!"

*He looks over, letting her speek, then speeks out* "Who was that?, was that the Leader of the Steel Merdin?"

9 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Frohk looks over.

"Yes." He says. "Did you not know that?"

*He shakes his head* "No, I never met the leader until today, only units I came across are the Operatives, the only person who's seen her in person, is my Tenno Bother" *He shurgs* "Meh, I've worse"

3 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He shakes his head* "No, I never met the leader until today, only units I came across are the Operatives, the only person who's seen her in person, is my Tenno Bother" *He shurgs* "Meh, I've worse"

"Ah." Frohk says. "Well I am Frohk Li. This is Vay'keela. That little guy is Clem, and those two guardsman haven't mentioned their names."

The shuttle enters the rail and begins to shake.

"Alright." Frohk says. "Close your eyes and hold your guts. Don't want anyone getting void-sick."

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

"Ah." Frohk says. "Well I am Frohk Li. This is Vay'keela. That little guy is Clem, and those two guardsman haven't mentioned their names."

The shuttle enters the rail and begins to shake.

"Alright." Frohk says. "Close your eyes and hold your guts. Don't want anyone getting void-sick."

*He Perks a brow under the mask* "Oh, well, I do hope you can keep up Forhk, but still great to meet the foke I'll be working with" *He truns to face Vay, seeing what she welds* 

31 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Perks a brow under the mask* "Oh, well, I do hope you can keep up Forhk, but still great to meet the foke I'll be working with" *He truns to face Vay, seeing what she welds* 

((Is this Vay'Keeks under my control then? Or will you still be using her?))

As with the other inhabitants in the shuttle her weapons are stowed on the rack, however it is impossible to tell which ones are hers.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

((Is this Vay'Keeks under my control then? Or will you still be using her?))

As with the other inhabitants in the shuttle her weapons are stowed on the rack, however it is impossible to tell which ones are hers.

(( Humm, you can control her now, as One grinner is enough for me))

*He truns to face Clem* "So, your Clem, huh?, any reason why your called that?"

2 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

(( Humm, you can control her now, as One grinner is enough for me))

*He truns to face Clem* "So, your Clem, huh?, any reason why your called that?"

Clem, his eyes shut tight, shrugs.

"Clem." He says.

"Its the only word he knows short of grakata." Frohk says. 

The view outside becomes blinding white and you feel very nauseous.