The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Enemy indicator on mini-map or overlay map won't guide you to the right room.

heisthex

The problem with mini-map and overlay map now is it won't guide you to the right direction in Exterminate mission of the next target to kill after The War Within.

Before The War Within, in Exterminate mission , the mini-map or overlay map have a red diamond to guide you which door to go to kill the next targets in the adjacent room. 

Now, after The War Within, the red diamond which is telling you which way to go WON'T guide you anymore.

Here is a screenshot of what it is wrong.

yvzzGxt.jpg

1) Look at the mini-map, it is telling my next target is under the floor in this room. You might think spawning have bugged and place the enemy outside the map and under the floor.

no5jub0.jpg

2) Using Loki's Decoy, you can see it is aiming down telling there is a enemy below this floor. So, I am out of luck? Should I just abort mission?

B27KEFK.jpg

3) Well, I was able to track down this enemy. This is the enemy the map is try telling me is my next target.

9fgMwF3.jpg

4) What is the problem? Let look at the overlay map, try looking the map and I am going to retrace my steps back to the first pic room.

DrBwrSc.jpg

5) ... Going out the room, up the ramp ...

fPheml5.jpg

6) ... After going the long ramp up and then jump to top and ....

DG5i1Mt.jpg

7) ... And back here again. I have to go 5 rooms just to track that one enemy. What worst, it took me long enough to track it because the current map tracking DON'T TELL YOU WHERE TO GO. I am still waiting a fix for this.

Mini Map targets and navigation points have been crappy ever since I started playing in Nov 2013.  

I have been assured with complete certainty by other players (including friends) that I'm wrong and everything with navigation points and targets in this game is perfectly fine and nothing should be changed.

I've given up on this, it seems that very very few of us have trouble with this, and nobody really cares, and people like you and I need to "git gud" because somehow this is our fault.

I know how I would solve it, at least partially...

This screenshot shows a potential minimap nav fix.  I forget how to embed screenshots... I hate this new forum software.  Insert other media isn't working...goJxMnl.jpg

TaDa

So when you activate the gear menu, these nav orbs appear guiding you to the next target, or to extract, showing which hallway or tunnel or archwing spaceship cavern you need to run through.  I forgot to draw it, but the gold line should start at your feet, but if you move, the graphic should not change.

Sparks flow away from the starting point, down the curvilinear rays, towards the destination to indicate primary direction, ensuring you don't get knocked down or something, lose focus, and then forget which direction to go.

Orbs can have different graphics in the case of another player dropping a waypoint, simulated by my extremely ugly MSPaint "1" on the orbs going to the right.  The navorbs would guide you straight to other player waypoints as well!

These graphics would disappear after 4 or 5 seconds, giving you enough time to follow and get on track.  Time to fade adjusted with slider, add a hotkey option to map orb display to a key of choice, and as a default, operating the gear menu or any piece of gear will activate them as well (checkbox to disable)

Edited by EvilKam