Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

- 103% damage Riven

Phalanx22

Today after finishing the sortie i got a riven mod with an easy enough reguirement : find 2 cache in a day, so i did and was treated to this "beauty":

Mutalist Quanta Ampitak 18 D

+89.2% Ammo maximum

+87.5 Reload speed

-103% Damage

MR 12

And all that for just 7650 endo and 369,495 credits

and apparently this mod is just as good as galatine prime...(mr12)

Oh boy..where do  i begin ? lets ignore that increasing max ammo and reload speed is kinda redudant and adress the big elephant. To quote DE the purpose of rivens is to make older weapons more apealing (yet for whatever reason top tier weapons have them..) so answer me this: would this make you wana play the Mutalist quanta? Is healing the enemy a new meta?

Since theres hundreds or riven mods complaints ill keep this short: PLEASE remove the Damage from the negative modifiers PLEASE remove zoom entirelly and PLEASE make riven mods for weapons that we care about (maybe a poll to determine that?) i for one would love a riven for destreza or the furax or dozens others cool but underpowered weapons

everything has a trade off, if you dont like the stats re-roll it but stop complaining about there being a positive/negative trade off! Sick and tired of everyone complaining about this over and over. 

As for now they are focusing on primary weapons until they figure out what ultimately they want to do then we will see melee and secondary. It has been said.

1 minute ago, DogManDan said:

everything has a trade off, if you dont like the stats re-roll it but stop complaining about there being a positive/negative trade off! Sick and tired of everyone complaining about this over and over. 

As for now they are focusing on primary weapons until they figure out what ultimately they want to do then we will see melee and secondary. It has been said.

Im okay with having a negative modifier , i specifically dont like to see - dmg because its never worth it and i dont want to see - zoom because it never hurts defeating the whole point 

2 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

everything has a trade off, if you dont like the stats re-roll it but stop complaining about there being a positive/negative trade off!

When the negative completely negates the positive its not a trade off but useless.

20 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Except how is -100% damage a "trade-off".  Besides trade offs were supposed to be the corrupted mod shtick so it just looks weird on rivens.

Also escalating reroll costs *facepalm* reroll costs shouldn't escalate because it's COMPLETELY random whether what comes out is any sort of upgrade.  It's more a patience test of just how much kuva are you willing to sink into into this thing before you go **** it I'm getting another riven.

1 minute ago, bubbabenali said:

How much RNG can there be, if the game can link to every riven mod just by typing in it's name?

The game has an engine in it to assemble a name with prefixes, bases, and suffixes based on modifiers. Saying that there's a name for a mod is like saying that since you can see all the loot in a relic, there isn't RNG.

1 hour ago, PasaUzun said:

When the negative completely negates the positive its not a trade off but useless.

that is when you re-roll which is the point of the whole system to begin with.

1 hour ago, osuman said:

Then don't read these threads. Op has a valid point. 

If it is posted I can read it and respond as I feel like.

7 hours ago, SquireAngel said:

The game has an engine in it to assemble a name with prefixes, bases, and suffixes based on modifiers.

So does the Borderlands franchise. Difference, the rng and even the negatives have a possible selection pool that is balanced. Even if the bonuses on the gun in question are just terrible, the bonuses pretty much overtake the negatives in almost all cases. This isn't anywhere near the case with riven mods. More often than not, I've seen the mods roll stats that are a combination of useless bonuses and negatives that make much of the rerolls pointless in existence. Their are no safeties in place to keep rolls spawning things that shouldn't be in the game at all.

On 12/3/2016 at 5:41 PM, DogManDan said:

stop complaining about there being a positive/negative trade off! Sick and tired of everyone complaining about this over and over. 

If you're sick of seeing differing opinions and thoughts, probably best that you don't browse a forum.

'Sides, OP is right. I could see just grinning and bearing it as a solution to a Riven that reduces damage by 25, maybe 50%, but 100+%? If you use this mod it will make the weapon basically worthless without the use of Serration. And that's not even going into the other problems with the trade-offs in this system.

It's entirely possible to get mods that have positive effects that do literally nothing for the weapon in question, because apparently DE couldn't be bothered to remove nonsensical possibilities from the list. Why can people get -recoil on weapons like the Quanta, a weapon with no recoil to begin with? Why can people get +IPS stats on purely elemental weapons, so they add literally nothing to the weapon in question? Projectile speed bonuses on hitscan weapons? 

Hell, I've even seen a mod that added IPS stats onto the Lanka (a purely electricity-based weapon) so they did nothing, but also added on to the reload time, with no additional benefits. By equipping this mod, the gun was literally made worse. There was no "trade-off." It was just a blatant waste of time spent farming hard-earned Kuva.

Don't tell people to stop complaining about stuff like this when the system is still obviously broken.

Edited by Jackviator