Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bad Performance in-game. Help?

AceWolffian

So I've already made a post about how crap my performance is in this game. The point is, it shouldn't be. Today and yesterday I've been experienced worse frames drops then I've already reported. I've went down to 18-21ish frames. Only bouncing up to 50 sometimes. Not much was happening on the screen and even if it was my rig should be able to handle it to a certain extent. So I would like some help from users. I'll list what I've tried and maybe some of you can't give some new tips.

-Turned V-sync off (always duh)

-Turned Physx off (duh again)

-Shouldn't have to turn down my optimized settings

-I've tried unchecking: 64-bit mode, direct x10 and 11

-I've verified and optimized my download cache

-My GPU and CPU drivers are up to date

-My CPU is water cooled and goes up to maybe high 40s

-My GPU goes maybe over 50-60 degrees Celsius in warframe.

-Don't know if my Vram is an issue

-My CPU usage doesn't go over 30% it seems

-My memory goes to 50%ish

-Disk is 30%ish

My Specs:

EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC 2GB 

Intel Core i7 6700k

Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-A

8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

1 TB Seagate HDD

I'd Appreciate any feedback! I've already had to send logs in before and even posted a video. No fix was determined so I was out of luck with DE.

Edited by AceWolffian

Well, your PC is definitely good enough to run it, at the very least at like a stable 30-40 frames or something. My rig (an older gaming *laptop*) runs it fairly steadily at around 30 frames, with the settings somewhat low of course.

Since you brought up the frames dropping and sometimes rising, perhaps you should change your settings for particles. Your rig seems fine, but you didn't specify your in-game graphics settings a whole lot so pardon me if it's something you've already checked. I would have to guess particles because this game has plenty. If not particles, then maybe shadows. If not shadows, then maybe textures or something.

Sorry if these things aren't the problems bringing your frames down. The best way I could think to try and see how to have better frames in-game would be just to set everything to lowest settings possible, and then turn things on & off afterwards to see what is really killing it. If the game runs at a huge frame-rate when all the settings are low & off, then it's definitely just certain settings messing it up. But if it's still running crap with everything low & off, then it's probably something to do with the game just not working very well on your computer, most likely because of an update or something.

4 hours ago, Ninjamurai said:

Well, your PC is definitely good enough to run it, at the very least at like a stable 30-40 frames or something. My rig (an older gaming *laptop*) runs it fairly steadily at around 30 frames, with the settings somewhat low of course.

Since you brought up the frames dropping and sometimes rising, perhaps you should change your settings for particles. Your rig seems fine, but you didn't specify your in-game graphics settings a whole lot so pardon me if it's something you've already checked. I would have to guess particles because this game has plenty. If not particles, then maybe shadows. If not shadows, then maybe textures or something.

Sorry if these things aren't the problems bringing your frames down. The best way I could think to try and see how to have better frames in-game would be just to set everything to lowest settings possible, and then turn things on & off afterwards to see what is really killing it. If the game runs at a huge frame-rate when all the settings are low & off, then it's definitely just certain settings messing it up. But if it's still running crap with everything low & off, then it's probably something to do with the game just not working very well on your computer, most likely because of an update or something.

I put it on low today but noticed that my frames in the liset weren't really much above what I usually get. I haven't tried missions but id assume if my frames in the liset havent changed then it'll only be worse in missions. My frames are never stable. Its always bouncing.

EDIT: So I did a rescue on Mars with low settings and I'd say it was worse! So let me say that im not really experiencing that ridiculous 18-20 frame drop as of now. Usually I get 30- mid 40s. only usually getting 50-60 frames when no enemies are present at fairly high settings(anistropic filtering at x4 everything else is high setting). I was getting 25- low 30s with BARELY any enemies present on low settings in the Mars rescue. There was stuttering which I never see on my optimal settings, only frame drops. I just dont know what to do at this point. Paying for a better gpu is just not possible right now. Maybe ill win the Prime PC haha.

Edited by AceWolffian

Hmm, I feel the same about the Prime PC, lol. Shame it isn't a simple case of graphics settings. I was messing with my settings today, and my fairly stable 30-40 turned to 15-20 with sudden laggy drops as well, right after I changed one or two settings. These specific settings seemed to really mess my game up, sadly I can't remember which few settings it was exactly that caused my framerate to change. I think it was some of the settings like: ambient occlusion, high shader quality, and color correction. I *think* i turned one of these on or off and my computer couldn't handle it anymore. It might have even been turning a setting off that caused framerate to tank.

Maybe these settings don't effect your PC at all. It could your issue just has to do with some update that did something to the game, but after altering just a few of my settings on & off, I was experiencing something very similar to what you said until I turned it back to how it had always been for me. Unless it is an issue brought in by the game changing, I would just say to take the time changing settings one by one and then seeing how the framerate handles. Though it could be a combination of multiple settings being on/off, so it could take a while.

i have fantastic fps on high settings when i'm alone (between 80 and 120) but when i'm in a 4 player party i have only 25-45 fps. 

spec:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC

MOBO: GIGABYTE B85M-DS3H-A

RAM: Hyper X Fury 2x8gb RAM 1600Mhz

side note: I have stabile 60 FPS in witcher 3, fallout 4, division, shadow of mordor, mortal kombat x, and basically in every game.

Same here - every other game (including Witcher 3, COD: IW, etc) are running smoothly, yet in WF starting on December 2nd (if I'm not mistaken) I've started to have 15-30 fps on survivals and 30-45 on exterminate missions. Also, loading screen began showing 20 fps which is unusual