Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secura Lecta

Dopey

If it means another look at credit income, they can remove the damn thing for all I care. It should not be the only good way to get credits, especially not to that extent. Credit income has been broken for a while, and I'm hoping they actually do something about it.

If it's generating credits off mobs it's not killing then I agree that should get nerfed. It should only generate creds for mobs it kills and only when fully equipped (not quick melee). But I don't agree that it needs any further nerfing. Tying the amount to the combo counter is nice because it's hard to maintain a combo counter in anything that isn't a survival.

I think people are just whining about the Secura Lecta because it's something that was actually wonderful, apparently no one can have nice things even in video games. The fact that it is getting nerfed bugs me to a very high degree, and I do not think that there are any justifications what-so-ever for them to nerf the credit amount. There are a very large quantity of items and ways to spend a million credits and there are a lot of people who do not have that much time in the world to farm the amount of credits it takes to say, buy a primed mod or level up a mod from 0-9 or 0-10.

This is just another event in my eyes of people seeing something wonderful and powerful and taking it down so it's no better and even possibly worse than the rest.

All the people talking about how easy it is to get credits are the people who have mountains of it. I've been playing for a while now and I've never gone over 2M credits because of how quickly i burn through them. If you don't need credits, don't use the weapon but for those of us who desperately need that cash, let us keep our cred farm.

Since i know my protests mean nothing, I'm gonna be farming as many goddamn credits as i can before the nerf rolls in. Hopefully i can gather enough to last me a month or two before going broke again.

1 minute ago, Helljack84 said:

They should instead multiply any credit cost in the game x10. What you didn't farm credits with full squad and boosters all day?

I think it should be the polar opposite, if they're going to nerf the secura lecta they need to drop the cost for everything else. Farming without the Secura Lecta and using no credit boosters, on average people would make 20-40k if they grind hard enough. The average price for a primed mod in trade is 1,000,000. The price to upgrade a mod from 0 to 10 is ~1.4 million (not including the 30-40k endo).

3 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

If it's generating credits off mobs it's not killing then I agree that should get nerfed. It should only generate creds for mobs it kills and only when fully equipped (not quick melee). But I don't agree that it needs any further nerfing. Tying the amount to the combo counter is nice because it's hard to maintain a combo counter in anything that isn't a survival.

I agree too with the getting credits off of non killed enemies by it but you didnt get credits if you quick melee'd just like every other syndicate melee it had to be out.

1 minute ago, Helljack84 said:

They should instead multiply any credit cost in the game x10. What you didn't farm credits with full squad and boosters all day?

LOL you are really funny guy but on the off chance you being serious sir you are blatantly out of your mind just cause you stay on a game "all day" doesnt mean everyone else does or have the time to no life a game just to buy a BP, build a weapon, and maintain other things.

1 minute ago, Omnijack said:

All the people talking about how easy it is to get credits are the people who have mountains of it. I've been playing for a while now and I've never gone over 2M credits because of how quickly i burn through them. If you don't need credits, don't use the weapon but for those of us who desperately need that cash, let us keep our cred farm.

Since i know my protests mean nothing, I'm gonna be farming as many goddamn credits as i can before the nerf rolls in. Hopefully i can gather enough to last me a month or two before going broke again.

I couldn't agree more and could not have said it any better.

3 minutes ago, Omnijack said:

I know I am going to be doing some very serious credit farming in anticipation of the coming nerf. I just hope the nerf doesn't come until later next week and I have some serious days to stockpile credits. 

9 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

I agree with this, if they just outright nerf the credit drop it's going to be pretty much useless, again.

As someone who has had the weapon since release, I knew the moment it got stealth buffed that it was going to get imminently nerfed. Some of the interactions it had were very, very obviously unintended behavior.

I'm fine with it getting nerfed if it means they'll redistribute some of its gains throughout the rest of the game. I am mostly past the point of needing credits but even I can see that around Shadows of the Rail, credit gains took a huge plummet which sucks for anybody not already on top of a hefty credit pile; an issue that will get worse when dark sectors become a taxable thing once more.

That said rather than a straight nerf I would much rather they gave it a secondary mechanic thats interesting in some way from a gameplay perspective.

Edited by DrFail

2 hours ago, xenoncat20 said:

I think people are just whining about the Secura Lecta because it's something that was actually wonderful, apparently no one can have nice things even in video games. The fact that it is getting nerfed bugs me to a very high degree, and I do not think that there are any justifications what-so-ever for them to nerf the credit amount. There are a very large quantity of items and ways to spend a million credits and there are a lot of people who do not have that much time in the world to farm the amount of credits it takes to say, buy a primed mod or level up a mod from 0-9 or 0-10.

This is just another event in my eyes of people seeing something wonderful and powerful and taking it down so it's no better and even possibly worse than the rest.

What even are you talking about? Everyone enjoyed their ride on the Secura Lecta gravy train, but the ugly truth is that if one particular method of farming a resource drastically outperforms every other method, then DE is either going to a) nerf it, or b) rebalance everything around that method of farming. Credit costs would go up and everyone would have to farm credits with the Secura Lecta in order to keep up. 

To be honest im quite disappointed that they're nerfing the secure lecta but I saw it coming. We just can't have nice things. Before the void update, credits were fairly easy to get. Then they nerfed credits which I was upset about. Then they introduced the secura lecta and I thought "OHHHH THAT'S WHY THEY NERFRED CREDITS. CAUSE THEY PLANNED TO INTRODUCE THIS PASSIVE! And I forgave them for nerfing credits. Now they're gonna nerf the secura lecta.

DE pls add some method to your madness. And stop giving and then taking away.

seriously? there really much more pressing things you should put some work in than nerfing the money whip. i could understand IF credits were actually usefull for anything in the life of a high mr-player, but it's not - so IF you need to prevent some mr8 newbies to get filthy rich on credits, make the damn thing mr16++ and don't let lower mastery ranks be able to trade for them. that solve your imagined problem with it and will also keep people to spend platinum to buy it from other players - and THAT brings YOU real money too, right?

lastly, while talking about "imagined" problems: think about the rage, hate and harsh language raining down on you if you nerf the thing - you really should learn to think about consequences when putting new stuff into wild. by know you should know that people excel at finding cheesy methods with frame, weapons, mods, and playstyles - either test the stuff better BEFORE releasing it or live with the consequences...

leave it as is imo, in the grand scheme of things credits have very little impact on gameplay, there will always be a point when veteran players will have nothing to spend their credits on, unlike players who are trying to increase their MR and want every credit and resource they can get their hands on. 

While credits are needed for most things there are usually some other element of 'delay' included with said items, blueprints for credits then cost credits in the foundry and have build times and other resources to 'slow down progress'.

It's also funny how DE will nerf a weapon because it is in essence a 'free' credit booster which they sell for plat yet won't touch things like the synoid simulor which can ruin team gameplay.  If they are that worried about credit booster plat sales dropping due to secura lecta (lets be honest it's most likely reason not the stats) why did they make perrin a credit syndicate in the first place....

4 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

lastly, while talking about "imagined" problems: think about the rage, hate and harsh language raining down on you if you nerf the thing - you really should learn to think about consequences when putting new stuff into wild. by know you should know that people excel at finding cheesy methods with frame, weapons, mods, and playstyles - either test the stuff better BEFORE releasing it or live with the consequences...

Im sure they thought about the consequences, but that really shouldnt stop them from changing things. Why would they need to live with any consequences when they can change their game whenever they please? 

Honestly, I have no issue with it being nerfed. 

I think the popularity of the weapon has helped highlight the issue (most) people have with credits, and how grossly difficult they can be to farm in any useful amounts. So I hope that with the nerf to this weapon, we can get some love for every other source of credits and all the things that we are forced to sink them into can, hopefully, be adjusted as well. 

Its an shame to see such an unique item going to bestroyed :(

while you just get some extra credits from it . aint much .. Awell i hope Chroma can replace it in time then , we have no other option than that to do so for the extra credits

It was fun to play with Secura Lecta

Time to move on

( No mather what we like ,, in the end it will be destroyed )

Gonna miss the text

LF Credit farm Akkad  

Edited by GameKingMike334
Its Secura Lecta not Lecta Secura