Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Move Arcane to cosmetic badges that you equip

(PSN)mmcareen

So DE originally took out Arcane Helmets because they didn't want fashion frame to be tied to stat changing helmets.  For the most part this has worked, a lot of new players don't even know about arcane helmets and wear what they want.  They made the same mistake with arcanes enhancements though.  I only wear two Day of the Dead syandanas because one has my Arcane Grace, the other has my Arcane Energize.  So here is my suggestion

Arcanes would be applied to badges that you wear same as any other cosmetic, go on your belt, or on your chest or something like that.  Once a arcane is applied to them though, they would change shape so a Arcane Energize badge would look different then a Grace or a Guardian badge.  You would be able to equip them on multiply frames just like every other cosmetic.

The badge themselves, well one idea would be farmable in the raids only as that is where arcanes come from.  Same kind of reward as the resource blueprints are in nightmare LoR, but would have to drop in regular LoR and JV as well.  They could also be able in the market for 20P?  Still would be limited to two badges on a Warframe the same as we are limited to two arcanes with the current system.

Also there badges shouldn't be confused with clan/event badges that you equip on your shoulders.  It could be one place to put them but I think a new placement would be a better idea.

6 hours ago, DeltaPhantom said:

Or, y'know, we could not tie them to cosmetics at all...

Just sayin'...

6 hours ago, TrueHawkEye said:

They are changing them to plug in and no longer stuck on the item it was annonced a bunch of dev-streams ago, no clue if they made any progress with the idea.

Well the reason I said cosmetics is because they said themselves that they do not want it to be like a mod.  So a cosmetic option would be something they might accept, yes it would be much better if it was like a mod, but this suggestion is much better then what we have.  In the devstream they only say they are removing the need for arcane distillers which this suggestion really have nothing to do with.

A badge/medallion system at least makes it so we can wear whatever helmet you want or whatever syandanas we want.  Being able to equip them as badges/medallions might be pretty cool, wear them on your hip, your chest, your helmet/hat or just make them invisible.  

I personally love badge/icon concept. Visually it could prove very appealing as well. I have not equipped any of the tons of arcanes sets I currently have on a helmet only because I do not like feeling/being limited to its use on one frame. So yes I'm downplaying the enhancements usage. Shame. Now if they were badge or icon(yes limited to 2) I would totally feel the perk of being a dedicated raid runner who's collected sets yet neglect to dedicate any to one helmet alone.