The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please nerf Mirage + Simulor?

(XBOX)Oussii

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I played on Akkad earlier and was unlucky enough to get a Mirage in my group. 

She stood on top of the boxes next to the objective and spammed for a solid 20 waves before we extracted. 

The other people in the squad including myself did not get a chance to do ANYTHING. The enemies were already dead or halfway there by the time we got anywhere near the enemies. 

For 20 waves this Mirage solo'd the entire defense mission and we couldn't do anything. 

That is gamebreaking. 

hmmmm. strange!!!!!!!

If you did not like it although i am sure you were getting a lot of XP sharing from that player....

So if you did not like it why the hell on earth you stayed 20 waves? Ha?

Why u did not leave on wave 5 or 10? why stayed till wave 20? just curious to know

You could have simply left and joined another squad.

2 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

Maybe

The longer you charge, the bigger and darker my blackhole becomes.

I'm only using the weapon for cheesing through content. The Synoid Simulor got me 10k focus every 45 seconds in level 3 sortie. Idc if it's nerfed, I'll just use the next cheese weapon or move to my favorite gun when I get a Riven.

So many are denial of cheese? Don't you all love cheese?

I'm betting an additional small "nerf"/balance like a charge mechanic change still keeps it top tier; it just becomes properly balanced.

In other words, you'd still use it.

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

No, the players are using Hall of Mirrors in exactly the way intended by the devs.

The 'problem' is one of scale, not how the ability is being used. This is not an exploit.

In virtually every game I have played, using an exploit will get you banned. No one will get banned for using Mirage+Simulor this way.

Yes the Devs intended the ability to do what its doing. They did NOT intend for it to be THAT effective to the point that it trivializes content. 

Therefore people are taking something that is in the game and using it in such a way that was outside the realm of expectation of the Developer. 

That is by definition an exploit. 

As soon as I see a Mirage + (Synoid) Simulor in my squad I groan. It's one of the most obnoxious, mindless, and gimmicky combinations in the game. There are plenty of frames and weapons that can breeze through end-game content, but everything from the incredibly annoying noise the simulor makes to its unparalleled AoE in the hands of Mirage is, quite simply, cancerous.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

So yes. Its an exploit. The designers of the game never intended Mirage to be able to spam a weapon this easily and this effectively. 

So are you telling me that the designers made a mistake while they set up their design or they did not know what they were doing?

What did they intend when they design mirage first power?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

hmmmm. strange!!!!!!!

If you did not like it although i am sure you were getting a lot of XP sharing from that player....

So if you did not like it why the hell on earth you stayed 20 waves? Ha?

Why u did not leave on wave 5 or 10? why stayed till wave 20? just curious to know

You could have simply left and joined another squad.

I was with 2 other clanmates and they needed to get to wave 20 for the XP. 

I wasn't going to leave them there on the off chance that the Lazy Mirage left halfway to 20. 

9 minutes ago, Tuxie said:

Maybe you're on a console so it's hard for you to aim or something, but I never have a problem getting kills despite having a simulor mirage on my team. It's not nearly as powerful as you claim it to be.

And besides, I normally just play to get the rewards, I welcome it when someone is doing all the work for me since I get more Focus XP. Why gimp yourself for some weird notion of "challenge"? Why not just queue up in a squad if you want that? Recruiting chat exists in consoles right? Use it.

The real question is if he did not like it, why he stayed 20 waves and did not leave on wave 5 or 10?

Or he simply got used to Nag?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Yes the Devs intended the ability to do what its doing. They did NOT intend for it to be THAT effective to the point that it trivializes content. 

Therefore people are taking something that is in the game and using it in such a way that was outside the realm of expectation of the Developer. 

It's Not an exploit, it just using the tools available to maximise DPS. Happens in every game.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I wasn't going to leave them there on the off chance that the Lazy Mirage left halfway to 20. 

So that dude helped your clan mate

Instead of thanking him for the XP sharing here you are nagging about the fact that someone else helped your mates and not you

Now i get it...

DE, please nerf it because this dude did not get so many kills

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I don't need to sit down with a calculator and a ruler after hours of playing to know that its  a game mechanic that is being exploited. 

Anyone that has EVER had a Mirage + Simulor in their group knows how utterly gamebreaking it is

Understand able. I would be mad too if I was only a beginner player and played for only about a week, see other people doing all the killing. IMO it's not exploit at all.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

The real question is if he did not like it, why he stayed 20 waves and did not leave on wave 5 or 10?

Or he simply got used to Nag?

I just explained why I stayed. 

Also I should not have to leave a match just because someone is using an exploit that I disagree with. There should be a kick button so that people like that can be removed from the match. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Goes to akkad... you do know that your fighting the infected the weakest fraction. Lol any aoe weapon could replace the simulor there because of how crowded it is. What you should be blaming is HoM and eclipes interaction with aoe.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

So that dude helped your clan mate

Instead of thanking him for the XP sharing here you are nagging about the fact that someone else helped your mates and not you

Now i get it...

DE, please nerf it because this dude did not get so many kills

Yes. Thats it. It was TOTALLY just because of that. 

Wasn't at all because thanks to that person using the exploit the other players and myself were unable to properly participate in the mission in any real way. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

no.

Exploit was when people were bugging host migration to get few dozens executioners to spawn and get oneshoted by old mag's shield-polarize during kela's event.

using ivara's noise arrow before being detected and thus bugging out ai to stand still for 100 waves of T4I in old void was exploit.

interaction between hall of mirrors and synoid simulor is not a bug, so using it is not an exploit.

Edited by 5HV3N

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I just explained why I stayed. 

Also I should not have to leave a match just because someone is using an exploit that I disagree with. There should be a kick button so that people like that can be removed from the match. 

Haha no telling DE your problem is okay but giving the player control over teammates is stupid.

Just now, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Yes. Thats it. It was TOTALLY just because of that. 

Wasn't at all because thanks to that person using the exploit the other players and myself were unable to properly participate in the mission in any real way. 

Stop nagging, your mates got their xp at the end of the game no? they were happy no?

You went there in the first place to help them. no?

so someone else did, cool down dude

11 minutes ago, Fast_98 said:

Okay so what you're build I've tried using it against level 100 bombards and it takes forever.

this is literally what i'm using. I only have 7/8 mods installed. It takes like 10-15 seconds to kill a 125+ kuva bombard. They get stunlocked by the constant orb convergence plus you can explode them for safety + use a frame with simple CC

not hard game

ez

81c5fe6117.jpg

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I am gonna bookmark this page. 

That way when they nerf this combination sometime in the next few updates I can point back to this comment and this thread and tell you I told you so. 

Oh yeah the them caving into the nerf beggers after they cry enough? After a long series of nerfs after nerfs. Like that'd be to anyone's surprise. You'd sure show me! Cry enough and you'll get what you want! What a way to go through life.

2 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

this is literally what i'm using. I only have 7/8 mods installed. It takes like 10-15 seconds to kill a 125+ kuva bombard. They get stunlocked by the constant orb convergence plus you can explode them for safety + use a frame with simple CC

not hard game

ez

81c5fe6117.jpg

Hmm practically my build but I use speed trigger and 90 percent damage mods might have to change some around. 

Edited by Fast_98