Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiant Secrets (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

26 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*She takes a seat* "Nice Shuttle"

---

*Zaeed takes a seat, looking over* "Just wait until you see the rest of the place"

The shuttle turns upwards, moving past the remainder of the Grineer fleets, which are now markedly worse for the wear.

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The shuttle turns upwards, moving past the remainder of the Grineer fleets, which are now markedly worse for the wear.

*Zaeed relax, watching the grinner fleets torn apart, fly past him* "Nothing like watching dead grinner float endlessly in space"

On 2/12/2018 at 7:30 AM, Rakawan said:

“A Paragon.” Ryoko says. “A member of Miraalan recognized for their skill and honor. Namira has appointed you her successor as Paragon of Fury.”

Lydia blinked.  "Oh.  Okay?  I'm still not exactly sure what that means..."

On 2/17/2018 at 11:44 AM, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia blinked.  "Oh.  Okay?  I'm still not exactly sure what that means..."

Ships begin to show up in orbit. Tenno ship.

”Sir, jamming field is down.” A tech says. “Recordinghuge surge in comm traffic. Rally signal received.”

”It seems I do not have time to explain.” Ryoko says. “Richard and the others will be here soo...”

”You salty old dog.” A voice says over comms. “I heard you were still kicking.”

”Marcus.” Ryoko says clearly relieved. “Please tell me you have them.”

”Aye lad.” Marcus says. “I’ve got em. The toughest and meanest sons and daughters of Miraalan.”

”I’ll meet you at the central tower”. Ryoko says. “Lydia, Frank follow me.”

Edited by Rakawan

On 2/16/2018 at 11:55 AM, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed relax, watching the grinner fleets torn apart, fly past him* "Nothing like watching dead grinner float endlessly in space"

One of the Grineer bumps into the viewport, scrabbling for purchase. The moment his fingers touch it the shuttle shield flares and he disintegrates.

“Filthy scum.” Eli mutters under his breath. 

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

One of the Grineer bumps into the viewport, scrabbling for purchase. The moment his fingers touch it the shuttle shield flares and he disintegrates.

“Filthy scum.” Eli mutters under his breath. 

"So, what happened to you?" *He turns to face his daughter* "After you laid out all your dread at me, you turned to go back help the medics" 

*She sighs* "I got booted out, head first into the sand, for daring to try to get our stuff back, I guess they really don't care about us father, this plan of yours is total BS, I believe, I doubt she will able to keep her promises" *She leans back* "So, not this event of yours got us almost killed, but also robbed of everything we owned, what we loved, kicked out of our homes and put on public enemy number 1, do you honestoly think, SHE alone will clear your name of all the crimes, and let you sit back and enjoy the Orokin days agian, cuz just THINK about it, honesotly: You tried to kill their child, Drige is a total ass, who only usues people for his own gian, and Fel and Ryoko do jack to help, just let it slide" *Shes ranting at this point, before she chuold fininsh Zaeed stops her*

*Clears his throat* "I've been given enough proof, I will speak to this with our Prince. she lost my trust, with her damm husband and child of hers, I honestly don't believe she alone, can hold back the Wraiths and her damm mutt" *He looks to Eil and Shen* "There's something I both need to tell you, I will inform Taylor, but this is between us"

*He sits up* "But swear me this: I will remain alive, and in a safe haven with my daughter, right?, I can relive the Empire I always wanted?"

11 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"So, what happened to you?" *He turns to face his daughter* "After you laid out all your dread at me, you turned to go back help the medics" 

*She sighs* "I got booted out, head first into the sand, for daring to try to get our stuff back, I guess they really don't care about us father, this plan of yours is total BS, I believe, I doubt she will able to keep her promises" *She leans back* "So, not this event of yours got us almost killed, but also robbed of everything we owned, what we loved, kicked out of our homes and put on public enemy number 1, do you honestoly think, SHE alone will clear your name of all the crimes, and let you sit back and enjoy the Orokin days agian, cuz just THINK about it, honesotly: You tried to kill their child, Drige is a total ass, who only usues people for his own gian, and Fel and Ryoko do jack to help, just let it slide" *Shes ranting at this point, before she chuold fininsh Zaeed stops her*

*Clears his throat* "I've been given enough proof, I will speak to this with our Prince. she lost my trust, with her damm husband and child of hers, I honestly don't believe she alone, can hold back the Wraiths and her damm mutt" *He looks to Eil and Shen* "There's something I both need to tell you, I will inform Taylor, but this is between us"

*He sits up* "But swear me this: I will remain alive, and in a safe haven with my daughter, right?, I can relive the Empire I always wanted?"

“If you do this.” A voice whispers in your ear. “You will die.”

It is the Nyx who crafted the mind link between you and Ryoko.

”I will speak to my brothers.” She says. “Felicity is not alone in her desire to see you absolved. She is merely more open about it. You have friends here. Do not prove their trust to be misplaced.”

”That depends on the nature of the revelation.” Shen says. “Our Lord will reward those who bring information. Those who bring treachery... less so.”

On 2/16/2018 at 11:17 AM, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden watched the lightshow. Orokin technology was no joke. He tore his gaze away from the destruction, boarding the shuttle after Zuir.

As the shuttle over through the ruined fleet you feel someho brush your mind.

”Zaeed may betray you.” A voice says. “You must be prepared.”

42 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“If you do this.” A voice whispers in your ear. “You will die.”

It is the Nyx who crafted the mind link between you and Ryoko.

”I will speak to my brothers.” She says. “Felicity is not alone in her desire to see you absolved. She is merely more open about it. You have friends here. Do not prove their trust to be misplaced.”

”That depends on the nature of the revelation.” Shen says. “Our Lord will reward those who bring information. Those who bring treachery... less so.”

*To Shen, Zaeed zones out, he tries to speak through his mind* <Name just one, besides Fel, So far I've made nothing but enemies, Ryoko, Drige, And even my daughter made a few scars, from opening her mouth, You know what I desire, the Remment are very close on giving me that wish, Prove to me that you are true to your heart, then talk to me about siding with a the right or wrong, threating me is not going to help you: Now I don't even need to infrom you of what I deisre becuse you can clerarly enter my mind at free will>

Edited by -Platinum-
Fixed Error

11 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*To Shen, Zaeed zones out, he tries to speak through his mind* <Name just one, besides Fel, So far I've made nothing but enemies, Ryoko, Drige, And even my daughter made a few scars, from opening her mouth, You know what I desire, the Remment are very close on giving me that wish, Prove to me that you are true to your heart, then talk to me about siding with a the right or wrong, threating me is not going to help you: Now I don't even need to infrom you of what I deisre becuse you can clerarly enter my mind at all>

“Me.” Namira says. “The Remnant can indeed grant your wish. But if they do you will lose your daughter, and the day may come when you can no longer look in the mirror and be proud of what you are. You have made many mistakes, this is your chance to atone for them. You have my support. And Tirion’s, though he is not as quick to show it. Make your choice, but know that either way there will be consequences.”

Edited by Rakawan

35 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Me.” Namira says. “The Remnant can indeed grant your wish. But if they do you will lose your daughter, and the day may come when you can no longer look in the mirror and be proud of what you are. You have made many mistakes, this is your chance to atone for them. You have my support. And Tirion’s, though he is not as quick to show it. Make your choice, but know that either way there will be consequences.”

<Lose my daughter, what do you mean, I know she will try to stop me, but, she won't go that far> *He says*

*He rubs his face* <And living in an Orokin tower, like I used to, becoming a Champion? I don't wear gold and robes, just for show. I want to live in an Empire again, not some silver or bronze, tower or some dying tower, that Cetus's people scavenge and desecrate its sacredness?> 

<Seening an Orokin in the flesh again, filled me with hope, that he is still alive, and can be redeemed, I allied with Shadow, because I was defending the very people I loved, family, and the Tenno and my so-called friends, turned against me for me merely defending what was lost> *He rubs his face* <I will make my choice soon enough, but I need someone, my freinds I have to prove to me that they won't stab me in the back, and allow me to try to re-live my life>

*Without him even needing to say, Zaeed's mind focus on, his dream: Living in luxurious gold, vice to the old days, like the Remment do, to live side by side, with Orokin, including Ballas, becoming either a high rank in the Empire or even closer to family* 

<I have nothing more to say I will try to contact you when I've made my choice>

Edited by -Platinum-

40 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

<Lose my daughter, what do you mean, I know she will try to stop me, but, she won't go that far> *He says*

*He rubs his face* <And living in an Orokin tower, like I used to, becoming a Champion? I don't wear gold and robes, just for show. I want to live in an Empire again, not some silver or bronze, tower or some dying tower, that Cetus's people scavenge and desecrate its sacredness?> 

<Seening an Orokin in the flesh again, filled me with hope, that he is still alive, and can be redeemed, I allied with Shadow, because I was defending the very people I loved, family, and the Tenno and my so-called friends, turned against me for me merely defending what was lost> *He rubs his face* <I will make my choice soon enough, but I need someone, my freinds I have to prove to me that they won't stab me in the back, and allow me to try to re-live my life>

*Without him even needing to say, Zaeed's mind focus on, his dream: Living in luxurious gold, vice to the old days, like the Remment do, to live side by side, with Orokin, including Ballas, becoming either a high rank in the Empire or even closer to family* 

<I have nothing more to say I will try to contact you when I've made my choice>

“No one turned against you.” Namira interrupts. “You betrayed them. You betrayed every last Tenno when you choose to ally yourself with the Stalker. You are being offered a chance to redeem yourself, nothing more. Margulis was willing to set aside luxury and title. She was willing to do what was right even if it meant death. The time has come to choose whether you will do the same.” 

The link fades until it is barely noticeable.

There is a twinge and you find you cannot recall the memories of Holden revealing his status as a spy to you. 

2 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“No one turned against you.” Namira interrupts. “You betrayed them. You betrayed every last Tenno when you choose to ally yourself with the Stalker. You are being offered a chance to redeem yourself, nothing more. Margulis was willing to set aside luxury and title. She was willing to do what was right even if it meant death. The time has come to choose whether you will do the same.” 

The link fades until it is barely noticeable.

There is a twinge and you find you cannot recall the memories of Holden revealing his status as a spy to you. 

*He sighs and shakes his head* "Sorry, I...blacked out a bit, must be the rush from finally being free, but as I was saying"

Edited by -Platinum-
Fixed Colors,Spelling and Errors

13 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Not until you explain what’s going on.” Shen says.

*Zaeed sighs, he thinks in his mind, knowing full well, shes still there* <I'm sorry..> *Zaeed sits up, he looks over to Zuir, holding her hand, he tries to gulp but fails* "Felicity's husband forced me to become a spy for you, at first: It was only to save my own life, but now, with what happened to my daughter, with how they treated her and threatened me, and how much you all mean to me, I'm done helping them" 

*He sits up straight, he looks down, both fear and sadness drowning his face* "A woman contacted me, some kind of Nyx, she threatned that I will die and I will lose my daughter if I told you, but they avoided my dreams and desires, over me trying to kill one of their wairths" *He sighs, leaning forward* "Ryoko, Drige, Tirion, they made their feelings towards me clear, a hostile, an enemy and they all try to convince me to draw you out, with me" *He exhales* "Maybe there are right: I'm too stupid to relaioze what I want in life, that I'm too blind to see that I'm always being used, but today that ends: If they can't keep a warith on a lesh or their own people, then whats the point in helping them"

"All I wanted in my life was to live with my family, Zuir, my ex-wife, and the Orokin" *He rubs his face* "But I am punished for defending the ones I loved, that I merely was doing what anyone whuold does, self-defence" *He looks to his own reflection, as well out in space* "Somewhere out there is my hope to return to the Empire I once loved and defend" *He chuckles, nervously, the general realization of possible death hits him hard* "Look at me, monologuing, guess its a habbit" *He looks to Shen and Eil* "You have no reason to ever turst me agian, but my only hope that you all can forgive me for what I have hidden from you, seening our Prince alive, that I helped save, brought light into my life and I want to stay and keep my promiises of defending family" *He opens his plam, showing one of his most valued possession. it riddles in gold and deep red wine: it appears to be an exclusive garment that was given to him, as one of the chosen to protect Orokin Council of Executors* "I want this garment to truly mean something, my fate is in your hands, I won't blame you if you wish to execute me, just understand that what wrongs I did was just to defend Zuir" *Still gripping her hand, he leans her closer*

-------

*Zuir, simply leans her head on his shoulder, seems she's worried about his fate now too, it seems he told her the truth before* "...Father..." 

36 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed sighs, he thinks in his mind, knowing full well, shes still there* <I'm sorry..> *Zaeed sits up, he looks over to Zuir, holding her hand, he tries to gulp but fails* "Felicity's husband forced me to become a spy for you, at first: It was only to save my own life, but now, with what happened to my daughter, with how they treated her and threatened me, and how much you all mean to me, I'm done helping them" 

*He sits up straight, he looks down, both fear and sadness drowning his face* "A woman contacted me, some kind of Nyx, she threatned that I will die and I will lose my daughter if I told you, but they avoided my dreams and desires, over me trying to kill one of their wairths" *He sighs, leaning forward* "Ryoko, Drige, Tirion, they made their feelings towards me clear, a hostile, an enemy and they all try to convince me to draw you out, with me" *He exhales* "Maybe there are right: I'm too stupid to relaioze what I want in life, that I'm too blind to see that I'm always being used, but today that ends: If they can't keep a warith on a lesh or their own people, then whats the point in helping them"

"All I wanted in my life was to live with my family, Zuir, my ex-wife, and the Orokin" *He rubs his face* "But I am punished for defending the ones I loved, that I merely was doing what anyone whuold does, self-defence" *He looks to his own reflection, as well out in space* "Somewhere out there is my hope to return to the Empire I once loved and defend" *He chuckles, nervously, the general realization of possible death hits him hard* "Look at me, monologuing, guess its a habbit" *He looks to Shen and Eil* "You have no reason to ever turst me agian, but my only hope that you all can forgive me for what I have hidden from you, seening our Prince alive, that I helped save, brought light into my life and I want to stay and keep my promiises of defending family" *He opens his plam, showing one of his most valued possession. it riddles in gold and deep red wine: it appears to be an exclusive garment that was given to him, as one of the chosen to protect Orokin Council of Executors* "I want this garment to truly mean something, my fate is in your hands, I won't blame you if you wish to execute me, just understand that what wrongs I did was just to defend Zuir" *Still gripping her hand, he leans her closer*

-------

*Zuir, simply leans her head on his shoulder, seems she's worried about his fate now too, it seems he told her the truth before* "...Father..." 

The lights flicker. Fear fills the minds of all present, a cold paralyzing fear.

A skeletal figure draws itself up.

”No repentance for sins committed.” It rasps. “No penance offered for those betrayed.”

It extends a hand, clamping down on Zaeed’s head with cold fingers.

“By hallowed chains and shadowed void I curse you. No rest will you find in sleep.” The figure moans. “No peaceful dreams of white and gold. Only nightmares of blood and shadow.”

Shen snaps out of the trance first, swinging his blade through the apparition, which laughs and dissipates. 

You feel warmth return to your limbs, except for one spot. A patch of cold on your forehead as of a piece of ice was pressed there. It fades slower than the others leaving only vague unease.

Edited by Rakawan

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

The lights flicker. Fear fills the minds of all present, a cold paralyzing fear.

A skeletal figure draws itself up.

”No repentance for sins committed.” It rasps. “No penance offered for those betrayed.”

It extends a hand, clamping down on Zaeed’s head with cold fingers.

“By hallowed chains and shadowed void, I curse you. No rest will you find in sleep.” The figure moans. “No peaceful dreams of white and gold. Only nightmares of blood and shadow.”

Shen snaps out of the trance first, swinging her blade through the apparition, which laughs and dissipates. 

You feel warmth return to your limbs, except for one spot. A patch of cold on your forehead as of a piece of ice was pressed there. It fades slower than the others leaving only vague unease.

*Zaeed can only scream, he grips his head, falling off the seat, the fear breaks his mind, resulting him passing out* "AGH GOD SOMEONE HEL_BELGH!" *Zaeed is out cold* 

-----

*Seeing common nightmares/fear feelings before, she fights her way out of the fear* "Rugh, what the hell?"

Edited by -Platinum-

3 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed can only scream, he grips his head, falling off the seat, the fear breaks his mind, resulting him passing out* "AGH GOD SOMEONE HEL_BELGH!" *Zaeed is out cold* 

-----

*Seeing common nightmares/fear feelings before, she fights her way out of the fear* "Rugh, what the hell?"

Holden, who had been silently staring and listening to the unfolding events could do nothing but stare as the nightmarish apparition both coalesced and vanished. It had spoke like a preacher of the Veil... but it wasn't... human? Was it? Was it even alive? Holden had not felt fear in many, many years, but he had never forgotten its taste in his mind. He quickly shook it off however, quickly rushing to Zaeed's side as he lay sprawled on the floor of the shuttle. He lays his fingers on his neck, checking for a pulse.

He was out cold. His fingers felt the itch to wrap themselves around his windpipe. "Zaeed may betray you. You must be prepared.” Holden could end any possibility of threat to him right now if he wanted by crushing his trachea with a single squeeze. But he looked up for a moment at his daughter. Zaeed wasn't a twisted monster. His motives may be ulterior, but they were for his family. Holden didn't have a family, only orders and the Veil's gospel. But if Zaeed was willing to fight for them as much as Holden fought for the Veil, he didn't deserve to die.

His fingers relaxed as he felt for the pulse.

12 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden, who had been silently staring and listening to the unfolding events could do nothing but stare as the nightmarish apparition both coalesced and vanished. It had spoke like a preacher of the Veil... but it wasn't... human? Was it? Was it even alive? Holden had not felt fear in many, many years, but he had never forgotten its taste in his mind. He quickly shook it off however, quickly rushing to Zaeed's side as he lay sprawled on the floor of the shuttle. He lays his fingers on his neck, checking for a pulse.

He was out cold. His fingers felt the itch to wrap themselves around his windpipe. "Zaeed may betray you. You must be prepared.” Holden could end any possibility of threat to him right now if he wanted by crushing his trachea with a single squeeze. But he looked up for a moment at his daughter. Zaeed wasn't a twisted monster. His motives may be ulterior, but they were for his family. Holden didn't have a family, only orders and the Veil's gospel. But if Zaeed was willing to fight for them as much as Holden fought for the Veil, he didn't deserve to die.

*The pulse felt weak, whatever happened was enough to shortly paralyze him, with no clear signs of waking up anytime soon, Zaeed remains still, however, his eyes a something different, pure black with golden clouds inside* "...."  

---------

*Zuir, shaken off the cold fear, leans forward, checking the rest of his body* "No signs of physical damage, augmentations are likely strained from the mental attack, mental impairment from the psionic attack, likely which released neurotransmitters throughout the body, glutamate I assume" *She looks to Shen* "We need to get to base quickly, place him under biological care"

*She looks to Holden* "We need to talk in private, but later" 

Edited by -Platinum-

12 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

“Tell no one of your mission.” The voice says. “Trust no one.”

28 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*The pulse felt weak, whatever happened was enough to shortly paralyze him, with no clear signs of waking up anytime soon, Zaeed remains still, however, his eyes a something different, pure black with golden clouds inside* "...."  

---------

*Zuir, shaken off the cold fear, leans forward, checking the rest of his body* "No signs of physical damage, augmentations are likely strained from the mental attack, mental impairment from the psionic attack, likely which released neurotransmitters throughout the body, glutamate I assume" *She looks to Shen* "We need to get to base quickly, place him under biological care"

*She looks to Holden* "We need to talk in private, but later" 

Eli is already adjusting the coordinates. 

Shen is frozen, his blade held in twitching hands. There is a puddle of void light and he shudders. 

“Shift us into the void now!” He bellows. “We are not safe here!”

Eli pressed a button and the ship shifts into the void.

”Path to the Divinity contains several anamolies.” Eli says. “We will need to be careful.”

Tak let the red fluid drip from his fingers. Kuva was such a useful tool. 

The roiling and churning waves inside the cauldron subsided as shadows coalesced above them. 

As he moved to turn the cauldron lit with an erie red. 

“Already?” Tak asked. “Alright then. Let’s start with something simple.”

Under the Kuva light his Nekros Prime’s helmet seemed to stretch into a grinning skull.

37 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

Zaeed would find himself floating, carried gently on soft waves, the world bathed in silence. Something bumps his arm, something soft and warm.

Edited by Rakawan

10 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed turns to the object* "Ugh, what now.."

It is a corpse, and Orokin corpse, drained pale. As you look around horror fills your mind. You are floating in a sea of blood and Kuva. 

Seven towers rise above the waves, but even they are no safe havens. Tenno ring the stairs and platforms, gazing at the seven figure kneeling on each balcony. Behind each stands a Tenno, their blade ready to strike.

The water around you grows thick, resisting any attempts to move. 

Your throat feels hoarse and though you try to shout only strangled whisper escapes.

Drums beat. As the ninth beat rings out the Tenno blades strike, sending seven bodies tumbling into the Red Sea.

A figure appears, a Nekros floating above the waves. You feel your hand reach out, but the Nekros ignores it. 

“You wanted to be one with the empire.” The apparition says. “And so now, you can drown with it.”

It presses a foot into your stomach, pushing you under. The towers, now empty, begin to crumble into the sea. 

Pale white hands grab your arms and legs, the Orokin corpses dragging you under. 

“Thus will be your punishment.” The specter says. “For the treachery you have committed.”

You feel yourself sink lower and lower into the red ocean.

Edited by Rakawan