[DE]Rebecca

The road to 15/15 [Spoiler] Mods.

15/15 is long way for me, but alot of the riven need recycling.

Preferred if:

• Break riven into Riven shards. (ie, 1 riven = RNG' amount)
  • Dissolve and mold (ie, 10 = 1 new) these Riven shards into a new Riven mod (brand new).

Or:

• Break riven into Riven shards for new function. As new currency (like ducats) to purchase from some NPC trader.
  • Cost of specific Riven mod on sale varies, and adjusted by disposition of weapon.
    • These Riven mod can be disclosed based on type of weapon/ class.
    • ie, Veiled Bow Riven mod.
Edited by low1991
  • Upvote 1

sorry if this has been asked before but: when we go over capacity do we also get a choice to buy extra slots? or ONLY to dissolve another riven.

Slot option would be cool, as with other frames/ weapons/ e.t.c. it's automatic.

Incidentally when i went over sentinel capacity recently it told me i cannot claim wyrm prime,
and gave me no option to buy more inventory space, giving me only the ominous message "inventory full",
and making me think for a second it could not be expanded... luckily it could, in the sentinel inventory, straightforward but, a bug?

• Upvote 1

So I've quit playing Sorties because I hit the Riven Cap so quickly. They're so common, I really think they could be uncommon as I kinda thought they were kind of post-game oriented for the most part. Also I can dissolve them for a couple hundred Endo vs getting a sculpture worth 2000?  The Uncommon rewards are resource boosters and stuff? Sorties are fun but not very rewarding right now. Being forced to buy 3 Riven slots when I only want one to escape the screen of dissolve 1! also is not fun. It'd be nice to slightly lower Riven drop rates and the plat buy in for a single slot.

7 hours ago, Sasuda said:

So I've quit playing Sorties because I hit the Riven Cap so quickly. They're so common, I really think they could be uncommon as I kinda thought they were kind of post-game oriented for the most part. Also I can dissolve them for a couple hundred Endo vs getting a sculpture worth 2000?  The Uncommon rewards are resource boosters and stuff? Sorties are fun but not very rewarding right now. Being forced to buy 3 Riven slots when I only want one to escape the screen of dissolve 1! also is not fun. It'd be nice to slightly lower Riven drop rates and the plat buy in for a single slot.

You can allso sell them for 20-50 plat deppending on if its pistol , melee , rifle or shotgun. Find that way better then dissolve them.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Emolition said:

You can allso sell them for 20-50 plat deppending on if its pistol , melee , rifle or shotgun. Find that way better then dissolve them.

Totally fair, there's still part of me that cringes selling them without ever knowing what could have been. And trade chat can be a chore, Improved trading system please? Pretty please? The trading part is good still not sure if that makes the Sortie worth it for me. If nothing I said had value that's fine ignore it, but if there's any bits and pieces that actually ring true I hope improvements can be made.

On 06/12/2016 at 9:11 AM, Azamagon said:

Would it help with data storage if:

1) Mods didn't have a SPECIFIC MR-requirement, but rather scaled with your MR instead (within the same scaling, lowest benefit at MR8, highest at MR16)
+
2) A specific stat is no longer completely random, even when said stat is on the same weapon and with the same MR-rank?
(Example: Currently, a MR16 Riven mod for Panthera with basedamage can give say, +180% at max rank, or +215% at max rank, all based on luck. If these were always the same, a Panthera Riven when you are MR16 would ALWAYS give, say, 215%, could that reduce data storage?)
+
3) There was a specific rule for their stats rather than either 2 or 3 positive stats, and MAYBE 1 negative stat? Why not make them all give 3 positive stats and 1 negative?
+
4) You took away some stat-possibilities (like critstats on weapons like  Miter/Panthera and negative basedamage/multishot)

#2 is really good, but #3 I'd rather not have (removes flexibility in riven mods)

It can be something like this: Every riven gets the same x pool of points. 2-3 positive stats and 0-1 negative stats are picked. Each stat is given a random amount of points, but (sum of positive stat points)-(negative stat points) always equals the pool of points.

Then those numbers are multiplied by a base amount, then multiplied depending on disposition, then multiplied based on MR, then multiplied based on rank.

Also with point #2 they should probably make a QoL change to list the possible range of stats by mastery rank and all

Just make it easy to trade mods and stuff and most of mods will be distributed between all players more equally. Today even if i have a decent mod for highly popular veapon, i wont trade it cause it'll take so much effort to me to find a buyer and bargain with them to find out that i asked to low price and feel bad about it

On 12/8/2016 at 11:07 AM, JakeyPrime said:

If I understand how DE runs their databases, no, every Warframe and how it works technically won't require it's own entry. To an extent. Warframes, mods, colors, attachments, forma, capacity, all of that, has an assigned number. What your Warframe is, what color it is, the mods, polarities, forma, animations, and pretty much anything else related, can probably be confined down to a string of numbers, maybe 100-150 characters long. These numbers are then interpreted on the client side, so that the client knows that mod # 1553 is Ammo Drum, and apply's that to your Warframe. From a storage standpoint, for a game this size, that's nothing. However, Riven mods need unique identifiers to know which one is which, and randomly generate stats, so they needs to be stored completely separately, on top of knowing which account it belongs to, then it needs to store all of the stats of the mod, the reroll count, and the name. That's like creating a new mod 15 times for each account. This is a huge amount. I'm pretty sure DE just wants to feel out how much it affects the databases first, because they still have yet to add more weapon types to the system. I'm assuming when that's done, they will assess raising the cap, or keeping it where it is.

Sorry for the nerdy rant, I like databases.

So, if it all does work like that, then all you would need is to have 5 unique entries per player. You have one for primary/secondary/melee/sentinal_weapon. All these need to know is the current riven in use and is updated when weapon with riven equipped is equipped . The 5th can be a single string that contains the data for every riven of that player. The only things that use this entry are the arsenal, mod table, chat and trades. 

The string for example could be in the following format:

weapon_type;ID;weapon;veiled;challenge;mod_rank;MR;stat1_type;stat1_value;stat2_type;stat2_value;stat3_type;stat3_value;stat4_type;stat4_value;rolls:

Semicolon is used to split the string to get each component, and colon at the end is used to split each riven. ID is required for finding and removing a specific riven if it is traded or destroyed.

Only the client ever needs to view each mod separately and that separation can be made and kept client side at the point of viewing mods. The only server side action is to add or remove a riven from the list and to pass the data of a riven mod for chat and trading so that the client can recreate and view the mod.

If this method is used, getting more riven mods only ever changes the length of the string of one entry. The maximum required number of entries per player is fixed to 5 . 1/3 of the smallest maximum number of rivens and 1/18 the size of a player holding the current absolute maximum number of rivens.

If this works then the cost of riven capacity should be reduced to something like 15 platinum for 3 capacity and you have infinite capacity like warframe/weapon capacity. Due to the power of rivens, there should still be capacity and a cost for capacity increase.

Edited by Demonreaper.

What I dont really understand its how the can waste that much space into the riven thing when they can only do VERY MINOR CHANGES to how they works and halve (in the worst scenario) they database usage.

To put it simple, riven mods should have only an indicator of which stats it have, like +Damage;+Range;-CriticalChance

And then the game should simply take the stats from the riven and multiply them by disposition value (since we all known that theres not only 5 dispositions, but almost 150 different values)

Yes, there wont be bonus stat range for the same weapon since now all +damage bonus will be that, a flat damage bonus based on weapon disposition, and whats the problem? Instead of using database space to store a stat indicator AND a value for that stat you simply remove the value, and im very sure as a programmer than the stat ammount its so far the most memory usage from both.

IDK if they already does this too, but also they can simply replace alphabetically stored names for numerical generated ones, this reduce space usage A LOT and a good algorithm ingame can simply con turn 2 digit numbers into a full word reducing database usage on DEs end and increasing our load time by 4 to 5 CPU cycles, nothing considering windows already use thousand times that just to bot up, not even speaking about how the games and DX APIs draw call uses and abuses CPU usage every single second we are with the game open.

• Applause 1