Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within: Update 19.3.0

[DE]Megan

I did some digging and found the date where we were given our only 10x kavat genetic code alert. It was on December 2nd. It was between 6am and 7am CST (based on timestamps, since I wasn't able to actually run it myself) so not many people actually got it.

92408739d7654b57a035701ce025ab6c.png

So how much harder are kavats going to be to obtain to the poor uninformed souls who don't know to scan the scripted encounter in the Inaros questline?

Edited by Totterson

2 minutes ago, Lored said:

And where our 1/2 Kubrow Egg Alerts?

Hey, maybe we'll get these next : 

- single zoren dagger skin alert

- heat dagger hilt alert

- animal instinct mod without the loot radar alert

- half the cosmetic helmet alert

- potato that add 15 mod capacity alert

- 0.5 infested Alad coordinate alert

- forma that reset level without adding polarity alert

:^)

28 minutes ago, Totterson said:

So we get a whole Kubrow egg from alerts but only half a kavat now, and that was intended all along?

Okay.

There was one, ONCE. At 6:25am CST last week.

yea that impossible for me xD am EST that like 7am for me too early

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Kavat Genetic Codes from Alerts not being given out in intended quantities. Alerts will now grant 5 Kavat Genetic Codes.

They were intended to give 10, but due to a bug, players received 1. Now with the (so called) 'fix', we'll just get 5.

Nice one. This is not a fix...

3 minutes ago, Totterson said:

I did some digging and found the date where we were given our only 10x kavat genetic code alert. It was on December 2nd. It was between 6am and 7am CST (based on timestamps, since I wasn't able to actually run it myself) so not many people actually got it.

So how much harder are kavats going to be to obtain to the poor uninformed souls who don't know to scan the scripted encounter in the Inaros questline?

Did that alert, And was awarded  1 Kavat Genetic Code.   -rage intensifies-

if you sold syandanas separately, i would buy it, but im not giving 40 dollars for a bunch of things i already own just to get the thing i want, hell, i would even buy a syandana pack with the profile icons, just not the extractors and the plat.

Let us chose, so people like me (the poor guys that keep the change from when our parents send us to buy bread) can buy these things, i think a lot of people would opt in on that

Sedna/Hydron defense:
20 waves 3 relics reward at 5/15/20 waves. No sign of the relics after the mission success screen.
later 10 waves. 2 neo relics at 5/10 waves. During the mission, the result screen showed the relic, but on the mission success screen there is no relic as reward. no increase of the rewarded relic in the inventory.

Maybe other mission types are also affected (didn't tested yet).

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Kavat Genetic Codes from Alerts not being given out in intended quantities. Alerts will now grant 5 Kavat Genetic Codes.

I'm almost speechless on how much of a jerk move this is considering in update 19.1.0...

Changes:

• 10x Kavat Genetic Codes have been added to Alerts!

I guess you can argue that it's "fixed" now.  But still... any explanation as to why it's changed now?  And we still didn't get the 9 missing kavat codes we should have gotten during that glitched alert... and it was only one glitched alert before they changed this as well...

54 minutes ago, Totterson said:

That one was bugged and only gave 1. And now their "fix" is to give 5.

1 hour ago, SandDune said:

I'm almost speechless on how much of a jerk move this is considering in update 19.1.0...

Changes:

• 10x Kavat Genetic Codes have been added to Alerts!

I guess you can argue that it's "fixed" now.  But still... any explanation as to why it's changed now?  And we still didn't get the 9 missing kavat codes we should have gotten during that glitched alert... and it was only one glitched alert before they changed this as well...

Hey, I responded to this in-depth in another thread. Hope you don't mind the copy + paste. :) 

tl;dr: giving you 10 in an Alert completely negates any reason to Scan them in the Derelict. Now both methods of acquisition complement each other better.

Last Friday, an Alert with Kavat Genetic Codes ran for the first time since Update 19.1.0: Ash Revisited. The @WarframeAlerts account on Twitter tweeted that the rewards would include 10 Kavat Genetic Codes, but as many of you reported, only 1 Genetic Code was received after successfully completing the mission. 

[DE]Danielle let you all know at that time that we were aware of this issue, and that we were looking into it:

While investigating your reports, discussions around the Kavat Breeding process were had. As most of you are aware, in order to successfully breed your Kavat you need a total of 20 Genetic Codes (10 for the Incubator Upgrade and 10 to breed). Before Genetic Codes were added as an Alert resource, the only way to procure codes was to scan Feral Kavats in the Derelict. The Alerts were offered as a means of assisting with the Kavat Breeding process overall. However, after this morning’s discussions we felt that 10 Kavat Genetic Codes from an Alert would completely dissuade players from attempting to gather them from Scans in the Derelict, which is not the goal here.

As a result, we have adjusted the reward value from 10 to 5 Kavat Genetic Codes. Keep in mind the Alert cycle has been compressed so you'll see rare Alerts more frequently. So in addition to Derelict Scans, the ability to collect Genetic Codes and breed your Kavat can still be expedited. 

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused, Tenno!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
completely forgot an entire paragraph.