Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Quest & Mechanic Concept] "Memories of the Armor" {Spoiler Warning}

FoxFX

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ashes of suvius said:

starter frame is just a gameplay mechanic. Yes its from the old war but thats only one. Of course i should also mention that digging into the memory of a warframe we were piloting wouldnt really give us more history than exploring our own memory more, the prototype part is what makes this idea cool to me, that we could see glimpses of the first version of each frame, without working around the starter frame issue

well also prototype could give us also some unique look, i mean probably none of warframeseemed like that in their protottype phase, so maybe we could be allowed to reasemble their prototype look and use it as a skin.

Edited by AVSManfred

27 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

well also prototype could give us also some unique look, i mean probably none of warframeseemed like that in their protottype phase, so maybe we could be allowed to reasemble their prototype look and use it as a skin.

i wasnt thinking of them looking different, they could but that adds a lot of work for de, they still haven't finished the immortal skin set. By prototype, I just mean the first one, the first excal, the first mag, or whatever. Each frame but the first one of each. Like just imagine if the creators or tenno didn't know how that frames powers would manifest until it was activated the first time. Or the first time testing out a frame, an orokin tower is half destroyed by a sentient force and a tenno stuck in it can only find the experimental frame to use to fight their way out. This would be before they were hidden on the moon. It makes way for so many interesting stories to be told.

in fact it could be a way of giving new players a tutorial of that frame in a way as well. Lore and helping climb the games learning curve all in one go. And because it could be a string of missions for each, all where you aren't technically playing "your" copy if that frame, The missions could be tailored around using the frames for its different specialties, introducing you to a couple different popular mod builds for that frame.

also doing each different frame could have a little tidbit of Easter egg knowledge in it, that we could then later add up to something, much like collecting cephelon fragments hides the ordis story within it.

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

• Hydroid
    • Memory Trace Lore: Grineer lands in Earth creating the device known as the Toxin Injectors. Little do they know of the Guardian of the Sea, the Hydroid Specter, is launching a surprise attack to thwart the plot of Councilor Vay Hek.
    • Operator Mode Perk: The Operator is +XX% resistant to status Ailments.
    • Perceptive Power: Hydroid gains the ability to instantly turn its body into liquid to bypass enemy attack. Hydroid gains a XX% chance to ignore damage. Each time this is triggered, Hydroid consumes a stacked +XX% damage for the next Tempest Barrage, Tidal Surge, or Tentacle Swarm ability activated.

On 11.1.2017 at 1:28 PM, FoxFX said:
  • Hydroid
    • Memory Trace Lore: Grineer lands in Earth creating the device known as the Toxin Injectors. Little do they know of the Guardian of the Sea, the Hydroid Specter, is launching a surprise attack to thwart the plot of Councilor Vay Hek.
    • Operator Mode Perk: The Operator is +XX% resistant to status Ailments.
    • Perceptive Power: Hydroid gains the ability to instantly turn its body into liquid to bypass enemy attack. Hydroid gains a XX% chance to ignore damage. Each time this is triggered, Hydroid consumes a stacked +XX% damage for the next Tempest Barrage, Tidal Surge, or Tentacle Swarm ability activated.

In my opinion it would be also cool to have the possibility to fit through openings you weren't able to pass before. If you activate your 2 in the current version of the game, your hitbox doesn't change.

On 1/22/2017 at 4:49 AM, Mingcrusher said:

In my opinion it would be also cool to have the possibility to fit through openings you weren't able to pass before. If you activate your 2 in the current version of the game, your hitbox doesn't change.

There has been threads I've done for Hydroid on reworking his ability kit to be less RNG and more controlled variant. It still keeps all his current abilities, but rearranges their slots into some more stronger and some less powerful but easier to control powers.

• Nova
    • Memory Trace Lore: A Nova Specter runs rampant in a Corpus Facility testing a new power source that channels energy from a star. Play as the Nova Specter to infiltrate and absorb the energy. Bear witness to a storyline involving the Raptor project and the mastermind behind it!
    • Operator Mode Perk: Operator's Melee Blasts and Void Beam attacks can cause enemies to slow down and explode in damage.
    • Perceptive Power: Nova's Null Star can absorb enemy projectiles consuming a Null Star. Holding Null Star will allow Nova to throw all Null Stars at a targetted enemy dealing increased damage. Blast Damage will deal damage to surrounding enemies in addition to the knockdown effect.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kyupikon said:

Maybe you could have Mesa's lore be about how the Mutalist Mesa you fight in the Patient Zero quest was discovered by Alad V, and about how he implemented the Infestation on her, seeing as how Warframes seem to be immune to it?

That is the plan for Mesa. Just need to think up the Operator Mode Perk for Mesa.

I have an idea for Nekros,

Memory trace lore: Nekros is instructed by an unknown orokin to research the escaped technocytes on a defunct ship, precursor to lephantis, what can learned about the growing plague before its too late.

Operator mode perk: killing enemies automatically desecrates them no matter what warframe is equipped.

Warframe perk: augment, 1/x desecrations will have 0 cost.  Shadows of the dead gains 4 extra zombies

Edited by BlackDiamondAce

• Mesa
    • Memory Trace Lore: Play as a Mesa Specter recalling its last command to eradicate Infested. However, a new figure approaches (Mutalist Alad V) with the creating of the Mutalist strains. Bear witness the event of the Mesa controlled by Alad V's collar.
    • Operator Mode Perk: Operator's Void Laser can disarm enemies and deals increased damaged to disarmed enemies.
    • Perceptive Power: Mesa can now roll in Peacemaker Mode in PVE. Enemies hit by Mesa's Secondary Weapon has a XX chance to drop XXX Omni Ammo. Mesa gains +XXX Armor when no Melee and Primary Weapon is equipped.
Edited by FoxFX

• Nekros
    • Memory Trace Lore: The Guardian Specter of the Orokin Derelicts makes its last stand. Bear witness to the last battle the Nekros Specter undertakes in containing the birth of the Lephantis!
    • Operator Mode Perk: Operator gains a long-range Health Orb vacuum effect.
    • Perceptive Power: Nekros's Soul Punch has a XX% Chance to cause the targeted enemy to leave behind a stationary Shadow for XX seconds with the targeted enemy disabled for the same duration. Shadows targeted by Nekros's Soul Punch will trigger them to explode dealing high Viral damage to nearby enemies based on the Shadow's remaining Health. Targeting Shadows with Soul Punch requires 0 Energy and can restore XXX Health to nearby allies.
Edited by FoxFX

On 2/21/2017 at 10:52 PM, Kyupikon said:

Well, that's a bit rude, no?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I wish to garner that freedom here in this thread. It wasn't rude to me at all, but thanks.

Edited by FoxFX

8 hours ago, samuelx43a said:

Me likz a lot.

Nah in all seriousness this would be a very interesting lore, specially for the newer players who didn't have the oportunity of doing the past events

Thanks for the compliment. Most of the time I try to work in Fan Concepts that explore new lore storylines in Warframe or use past Events/Operations to make special continuations of a story in Warframe.