Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Final 2016 Devstream!

[DE]Rebecca

Hello there, first time posting some questions:

1. What are your opinions on making Tennogen items giftable? Are you legally allowed to? I feel like people buying Tennogen items would be inclined to also buy them for their friends/clanmates.
  2. Do you already have something planned for DevStream #100?
  3. Is there any information regarding a Lato and Braton Vandal re-release?
  4. When are we finally going to find out why Warframes have a gender?
  5. Will the Simaris community targets ever see a return?
  6. When will the infested door open?
  7. A question about your Unvaulting policies: How are you gonna unvault frames to ensure every frame gets its share sometime? Currently, we have two Unvaultings per year, but four Vaultings, which means that if this continues, some prime frames are gonna sit in the Vault for many years only to return ONCE for 28 days and then never see the light again.
  8. Is there any specific reason why you decided to disobey release order again to release Valkyr Prime before Banshee Prime?
  9. Relic naming convention: It seems to be your intention to call relics by the era, then the first letter of the rare part, followed by a number. Why do some relics break ranks though (for example Lith F2 (Vauban P BP), Lith V1 (Fragor P Handle))? Just an oversight?
  10. With the unvaulting of Ember and Frost Prime came the Neo S5 relic, when the previous highest number was Neo S3. So, what can we expect from Neo S4?
  11. (Obligatory "Umbra, when?" question)
Edited by bluepheonix13

So now that War Within is out and has had a little time to settle out, I'd like to ask about the older quests in the game:

• Will the old main quests (Vor's Prize, Once Awake, Natah) or really all old quests in general receive some of the cinematic magic we're seeing in the new quests? I ask this because in the current state, compared to the new quests they're quite underwhelming
  • Will the old quests ever be replayable like TSD and TWW?

It would obviously be a great deal of work, so this is mostly just wishful thinking and less of a suggestion, but has the team ever considered making Bladestorm operate similar to Hysteria and Exalted Blade?

Even after the change to Bladestorm, my problem with it is still the same. I mean, I get what you were going for, letting people choose whichever enemies they wanted to Bladestorm. It sounds great on paper, compared to how it was before. Unfortunately, I'm still sitting here watching a cutscene, with nothing to do until it's over.

I think Bladestorm would be infinitely more fun if it were an active ability, a state where Ash's Arm Blades can be used as a melee weapon with their own animations. During this state, when using Teleport and choosing to perform a Finisher on an enemy, instead of the typical Finisher animation it could play a random Bladestorm animation. They do look cool, and that time and work shouldn't go to waste.

This would still let people warp around and assassinate enemies, but with more control and freedom

and shuriken would be way cooler if we could cycle through different types/elements

Edited by Muirenn

#1 Can you make Vor shut up after we kill him in the void?

#2 Can Simaris stop being creepy in the relay?

#3 How about 5 Kavat DNA instead of 10? Or can we get a guaranteed drop from scanning?

#4 About that, will a pet with vacuum be a thing? *wink*wink*

#5 Do you even have a stable price for Ducat in mind?

Any thoughts about fighting the Sentients on their own turf in the Tau system? I'd love to see what a race of sentient terraforming machines consider "home".

Also, how do you feel about feral warframes? Maybe some operators didn't get to sleep on time...

With Teshin gaining his own cosmetic armor offerings, is it in the cards to flesh out Syndicates to follow suit and if so; would it be possible to make arcane enhancements usable on cosmetic armor as well as helmets and syandana?

I don't know if you prefer long or short posts, so I'll try short this time. 

1. Will Valkyr get another rework? (If Hysteria remains far less useful, can she get more health or armor to make other builds more practical?)

2. Will you increase archwing mission rewards to make it a desirable mode for Tenno like excavation is for getting relics? (endo!)

3. Can we please continue in excavation/survival if the other players leave? We can for defense and interception.

4. Please, please, please reconsider Valkyr. Maybe someone can take a poll. "Why do you use Valkyr?" "How much do you enjoy playing as her after the rework?" Couple that with her usage before prime access was released/announced, and before her last rework. I think I am not alone in wanting her to excel at something. 

Thank you. Still playing after 3 years.      

Complain:i finished sortie more than 10times since TWW update and still i didnt got a riven mod which is common got 2k endo about 8-9 times plz i need riven mod 

Question: will their be a only tenno mission if their is i like you guys to put some random fraame and control them l just like in TWW and a rescue mission for your warframe 

Looking forward to it. I got a few questions:

- what do you think about giving more customization options for armors and syandanas (change colors, positions etc)? [I'd like to wear the Gazal shoulder and chest pieces upside down :) ]

- in a past devstream you talked about reintroducing old-style wall running and variations of running/jumping/etc animation. Do you have any plans about it?

- you are introducing more and more "situational" mods that don't give plain buffs, and this is awesome, but mandatory mods that reduce the actual mod capacity and real customization are still a thing... have you done any progress in this?

- when will you complete PBRing old frames (and relative Immortal Skins?)

- about the latest Ash rework: Blade Storm is now slow as the "pre-clone" version, and that's bad when in the meantime your team goes away, or a teammate is downed (you know it, since at the time you introduced the clones to speed it up). Can you consider to add the ability to cancel it at any time (maybe by "holding 4")?

- will you ever reintroduce the old, global Synthesis with those nice piece of lore to unlock?

- when Cephalon Cordylon will return? He was amazing

- will you consider introducing more in the codex (like Prime teasers, trailers, more informations, Cordylon's Q&A and so on)? I think it would be nice to "centrilyze" the informations and the good stuff, in particular for newer players

- Orokin Catalyzers (aka P.O.T.A.T.O) feel like they are rare than Reactors, since there are way more weapons than frames/companions. Could you make them a bit more common to balance this?

- trivia question: what's the least played boss?

Sorry for all the questions, but every devstream I forget to post them untill it's too late :/

Edited by Drufo

I think there needs to be a system where we can for say 5 plat reset your frame or weapon to "Foundry Default" where all forma and potatoes are taken off and and the frame is set to Unranked. The potatoes and and forma are not lost and returned to the player. This is for players like myself that after using forma for something then having that changed would like to "fix" it without putting in MORE forma. ex. i had forma'd my Frost Prime to function with only snow-globe when abilities still had mod cards(this was 5 forma) but now that this has changed and frost's abilities have changed(not by much) i would like to have the option to change his polarities without adding More forma. Now i'm not saying reset then be allowed to put all those forma back on right away, no i'm saying RESET the frame so i have to rank it to 30 for every forma again and i believe this would balance it out. Thank you for your time and consideration and if you could address this in the next live stream i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again and have a nice day.

SoulHunter2008

Since this may be the last Devstream for the year, I guess put in some questions that may do need some answers.

1. Adding Vacuums to Sentinels alone as mods does improve and disperse the extensive use of the Carrier, but it only stagnates the issue of making Sentinels an even more dependable solution to item pickups, ignoring the use of actual pets due to its inability of collecting items on the fly. Will there be a solution of item collecting on Kavats and Kubrows so that players would have a wider selection of companions? If not, why aren't the Warframes themselves are unable to have the vacuum ability especially when they are situated in an environment meant specifically to be on the move?

2. Riven mods invites players to both a big sense of controversy but also a potentially very open system of diversity and personal preferences for their equipment. Some are good rolls that make the weapons in question incredibly powerful than its baseline, some provide unusually utility-base capabilities that alter the weapons completely, but most of its rolls become punishing and increasingly punishing if players are pushed to a single Riven mod over the long run. Questions are:

(a) By the time Riven mods become open to several types of equipment asides from Rifles, would this mean it will also apply to Warframes?

(b) Riven Dispositions are able to help some weapons from being neglected though the system is far from perfect since it relies on a static point system depending on its use and its base statistics as a weapon. Should the Riven mods extend to other weapons affect all the existing disposition alter to the larger disposition table or will they have an independent table from other weapon types?

(c) Riven Cycling a.k.a. "Riv Rolls" has the ability for players to roll on the perfect setting for their selected weapons but some of the positive rolls can potentially be punishing despite how it supposed to benefit the player such as Recoil reduction on Recoiless weapons or Critical boosts on weapons that have little to no critical capability. Would there be any compensation to false-positive rolls for weapons that suffer from this? If so, should these stats be removed for room of more beneficial stats or eliminate negative stats in exchange?

(d) Sorties. The rewards from the Sortie system was composed as a major source of Fusion Cores until the Ayatan update (Mods 2.5) was able to balance the demands of the new Endo system. The Alert missions become a viable source Nitain, Reactors and special variant weapons alike. While the Forma and Exilus adapters are sourced from both the new Fissure system and through the Syndicate system respectively. (Let's make this blunt and simple.) Why dilute the only source of Riven mods with more rewards coming from mainstream sources especially when players are already stocked up with resources before they enter "The War Within" questline?

(e) Should the new Riven types get released, would it mean they will dilute the drop tables in the Sorties more even if the extra drops like Nitain were removed? If yes, would the proposed Sortie ticket system that was mentioned from previous Devstreams able to compensate the load?

3. Exponential scaling was able to draw some ire to the balancing system, especially when it hits the Armor Scaling that eradicates players' other methods of killing Grineer enemies with other elementals other than anything anti-Armor. Which in turn, causes significant back-draft when players fight anything that composes of multiple statistics (Health+Armor+Shields combos). Would there be any solutions to enemies that can outscale player damage with massive armor? Should Semi-exponential scaling be a good answer for it?

4. Umbra Warframes are a recognized addition to the Warframe arsenal but increasing base stats alone may only force players to repeat on the same Warframe for the third time of its levelling. By the time of its release, would these new Umbras have a unique addition or two that would make the next gen Warframes worthwhile especially if they are made specifically for endgame?

5. Short question: Orbiter customization, when? Long question/s: Should Orbiters hit its customization, how much freedom should players get in building up their home? If yes, should and how would the Orbiter be able to benefit the player?

6. Player Shields are becoming less of a thing since damage sources of stronger enemies are likely bypass this defense with an often amount of status effects that can unfairly kill players whose frames rely heavily on shields. Magnetic Procs alone can turn powerful shields into Styrofoam with one effective shot. While the suggested Shield-Gating is the most likely option, it only prevents direct damage that mitigates one-hit instances. Would there be some benefit for players who have been long relying on shields other than the use of the Quick-Rage combo?

The ability to have the Operator controlled on the field is a very immersive aspect of Warframe, but this only last for a short time when enemies are capable of killing them off right after they get out of their Warframes, which is heavily evident on Kuva Siphon hunts. Will Operators have their own levelling and equipment system that allows them to not only last longer but also become capable of fighting than the use of Warframes when situations called for it?

8. Exilus mod slots have potential uses for players who does not rely entirely on stats to survive, considering that it makes a noticeable difference in Parkour, Utility and Mobility. Will we able to have an additional mod slot or two that allows an even more diverse builds that has nothing to do with modifying Abilities and/or the HAS (Health/Armor/Shields)?

9. Two words, combat economy. Fast firing weapons still suffer from this system and it almost always require a Carrier or an ammo mutation that not even they would supply them. Warframes with bustling health or energy (I'm talking to you, Inaros and your nullified abilities!) have a hard end picking up static heals that pose almost neglible benefit but from mods that occupy a slot to instill just one benefit. Will combat drops be given a buff? Or at least scale along with the Warframe and weapons the player carries?

10. The War Within storyline spoiler:

Since Alad V is still alive, and so does the White Grineer Queen. Would that make them an Egg-Salad when they meet?

(Serious note) Would it mean that these two would actually help out the Tenno in some way when the Sentients actually becomes a fully fledged faction?

11. The closest resemblance of power the Tenno seemed to use is likely to be Dark Energy. It's potency to blast enemies across the remove and the ability virtually create energy out of seemingly nothing is able to allow Tenno to utilize it out completely nothing but the energy they collect. Would we be able to see some storylines or Warframes more affiliated to Dark Energy asides from the supposed Umbra Warframes?

Edited by Freelancer27

will we see an decrease in grind any time soon?

We got more Nitian crafting requirements,
More relic farming, along with traces. add prime parts in to the mix.
Any chances of getting old void system back.
Are we going to get the old charge attack animations back like in the old days (Still can't believe why it was scrapped.)
What happened to the Index event?
Are we going to see the 2 new frames this year, or can we wait for it next year. 

What will you call the next year if you could describe it. 
This year would be Grind&Delay

6 hours ago, Zhoyzu said:

what? the xp value could have been 10 million. if it was doubled youd still see more people. that has nothing to do with optimization.

Sure it does. If the system was optimized, you wouldn't see such an increase in players. How would you explain such an increase? If players think that the system is so optimized and good, why would there be an increase in players, instead of an increase you'd see about the same numbers of players... the only explanation to the increase in player numbers is that they wanted to get more exp in less time. That's where the fact that most of the players today are farming exp ( on maps like Bere, Akkad, etc.. ) comes in, instead of playing the game how its meant to be played, everyone is farming exp, and if you have double exp, you farm even more affinity, and that's not how the game meant to be played ( you can see that exp farm is not DE's intention by looking at the recent nerfs to Draco and Akkad).

If all you see in the game is farming exp with a specific set of frames, then you are blind to the lack of optimization the system desperately needs.

At PAX AUS you mentioned you were talking about us having big scythes. Is there anything more at this current time and will we see big scythes soon?

Lua's stöfler has a dynamic defence map. will we see more maps of the same type?

When can we expect the riven system to branch out to other weapon types like meelee?

After many months of only using my favourite sentinel and only using companions as MR boost and trial-error-forget distractions, we got the Smeeta Kavat: I fell for charm like a ton of bricks: finally something to bring some extra fun into farm runs. Getting that charm buff was nice, getting the double resources was awesome: double void traces, double kuva, double syndicate emblems, double energy & health and double resources and credits; it was glorious. Our void trace farm group had a lot of fun trying to get the right charm buff before getting that tenth reactant and rolling them dice.

Even after Vacuum Within (my Helios is my fav, so it did actually make it more tempting to go back to sentinel) I just loved my kitten, trying out new ways to make her even better, got her up to 5 forma and loved every cycle.

But then Charm was nerfed. It did not and does not feel like it ever was a bug, so it's a nerf, not a fix. Without charm it's just another companion, worse in basically every way to a sentinel:

• Vacuum (now universal)
  • Medi-ray
  • Weapons that rival or surpass any of our regular weapons, with 8 mod slots, forma options and potato options
  • Benefit from health pickups
  • Respawn on warframe respawn

Arguably the pets get a great 90% scavenge for additional looting, but the benefit of staying longer to wait for your pet to open all lockers vs just running it three times is arguable at best. The linked stats of pets can be ok for tank frames, but on high level content both sentinels and pets die easily, the fact sentinels revive with you where pets don't negates this usually. Having the option to revive pets is great on lower levels, although sentinels will just not go down regardless, and is more of a liability on high levels anyway, especially since you will not have its shelter shield since it's down.

So will companions be more than just eye candy again? Charm made the Smeeta Kavat an actual viable contender, with all the cons of using a companion vs a sentinel, but after the nerf no one companion/ability makes it worth if you want to spend forma and time efficiently. It would feel a lot better if going for a sentinel was a hard choice, not the easy and best solution every time.