Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Final 2016 Devstream!

[DE]Rebecca

Few questions : 

1 :  Will there be a system to ''upgrade'' the operator ?? (like the warframe's modding)

2 :  Can you tell us more about that Diddly Dang Dabbing War Machine that is called  : ''EXCALIBUR UMBRA'' ???

3 :  Can we have some explanation about the black weird eyes that the operators have at the end of the war within ? (or maybe it's too much of a spoiler ?)

4 :  Is that the executors in the yuvan theatre ?

5 :  Will we have like a big ... REALLY BIG flashback from the great war ? like a cutscene where we can see the orokin vs sentients ? and the Tenno vs Orokin ? With more Stalker lore ? And much more ?

Would you consider implement an effective level to warframe like guildwars 2 does? I mean weaken warframes and weapons stats in low tier missions and let them shine in high level content, this would allow you to do put events in lower tier missions that could be challenging enough to veterans dont be bored as they are now

In previous devstream you've talked about possible Dojo improvements. Do you think we could see 'New Dojo types' where players would be able to choose different locations for their dojos e.g. planetside locations (Pluto, Mars, Earth, Lua), Orokin towers, mountain temples (TWW) etc. Maybe add a new clan event mechanic where dojo members would have to capture/defend their planet dojos against grineer/corpus/infest attackers? 

Well another year down, looking forward to whats coming next in Warframe in 2017. Shutout to all the abominations made, its the only scientific discovery I've made in my life but boy oh howdy was it something.

I know there doesn't seem to be a Q&A for this stream but i'll ask anyway.

I have a 2 year old question that still hasn't been answered! Can we have additional config tabs for appearances and upgrades for our Warframes & Weapons? Perhaps acquired through MR or plat?

Again thanks for this rollercoaster year, looking forward to next year ride!

Dear Digital Extremes,

I've been a loyal player for well over three years now and it's been a blast, however lately I've been playing less and less due to a few of reasons. The primary reason is that the frame that I have spent the most time on and have greatest loyalty to has been left to the wayside while the updated content has passed him by. That frame is Vauban and before there's a stream of PM's in my inbox saying otherwise, let me address the point that a frame cannot stand on two abilities alone.

His Bastille and Vortex are great abilities, but they're horribly bugged even on solo with enemies dropping out or not being affected as intended with usually deadly results. The Minelayer ability is interesting in theory, but lacks usability due to the swapping and heavy restrictions on the abilities themselves, like temporary armor reduction at an largely low duration or the omission of proximity detonation to hit flying targets. Finally, his first ability Telsa and the augments it has are absolutely unusable outside of low level content, and even though the awesome trailer for Vauban Prime made it look good it still doesn't have that same usefulness of its portrayal there.

I know this sounds like a plea for a rework, but I assume that's in the works already. So I besiege you, to consider looking at Vauban to improve his handling in higher level content by providing some quality of life or survival updates. So I ask will you do that for an old, decrepit, and ailing frame such as he? 

Thank you,

Dojutrek (Vauban Enthusiast)

Edited by Dojutrek

21 minutes ago, Silent_Eagl3 said:

Well another year down, looking forward to whats coming next in Warframe in 2017. Shutout to all the abominations made, its the only scientific discovery I've made in my life but boy oh howdy was it something.

I know there doesn't seem to be a Q&A for this stream but i'll ask anyway.

I have a 2 year old question that still hasn't been answered! Can we have additional config tabs for appearances and upgrades for our Warframes & Weapons? Perhaps acquired through MR or plat?

Again thanks for this rollercoaster year, looking forward to next year ride!

That is already available, there is a configuration ABC at the top when u pick your frame.

On December 7, 2016 at 1:17 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

DevStream84_1080p.png

Tenno!

Join us this Friday, December 9th for Devstream #84! This is the final stream of 2016!   

Who: Join members of the Digital Extremes Team!

What:  Time to end 2016 right! We've got lots lined up for you today. First, we'll be giving a preview of the new Infested Warframe coming soon as well as celebrating the last stream of the year! This includes best 2016 streaming moments as chosen by YOU! We'll have lots to talk about with 2016 in review and plans for 2017. Don't miss our sign off of the year in which we celebrate the ups and cry about the downs.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this December 9th at 2 p.m. EST (yes we're in EST now)! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

If you have questions, post them below! This thread closes at 10 a.m. on December 9th!

Do you ever intend to address the various issues with Arching in it's current state? As it stands

• The new movement system has not been well received and many people wish for a reversion to the old system.
  • Archwings still lack access to mods equivalent to certain staples found on Warframes (Rage, Quick Thinking, Natural Talent).
  • Archwing equipment lacks Corrupted mods.
  • There is still no 3D map.
  • Corpus enemies are still mostly placeholders.

While I understand developing some of these features takes time, at the least acknowledgement of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Recently I have been playing the high level missions more and not surprisingly to me I have found that the Corpus are still some of the most frustrating enemies in the game. I am not specifically talking about nullifiers as in small numbers they can present an actually interesting challenge, but when we have large numbers of nullifiers spawning on top of the huge numbers of AOE mine spawning Ospreys and the enormously powerful Bursas I can't help but be overwhelmed. Compared to the grineer or Infested the Corpus just cancel out so many of your options while also AOEing and stunning you that the best option even in survival missions seems to be to not fight and just wait while invisible.

I don't think any one of these enemy types are especially terrible design wise, it's just that they are too common in high levels and if even one of them had a cap on the number that can spawn at once it would make the fights much more manageable and more enjoyable. (Also if Punch Through could go through Nullifier Bubbles then I would be forever grateful as a Sniper Player. As it stands I feel nearly forced to bring Soma into every mission with Corpus.)

My only other question is: Shield Gating when?

Thank You and enjoy your holiday everyone!

Could you remove the invincibility intervals of bosses or time waiting requirements for fighting new or reworked ones? I know you do it to stall players more, and generally throughout multiple aspects of the game, so as to stall for new content, but I don't feel that this is a honestly a good way to do that, as it hurts immersion, tends to annoy the player and makes them burnt out with the game as a whole. 

A better, more organic form of stalling for new content, is less rigging of stall mechanics, and more implementation of dynamic behavior and content that's fun to replay.

Dynamic and fun movesets are more appreciated than stall mechanics like farming to actually fight boss just so they can get invulnerability or scripted evasion intervals. It does not matter that some players will figure out a way to quickly beat bosses without these invulnerability/untouchable intervals, that is the way with speed runners. You would have to make the game more restricted and completely on- rails to stop them from doing that for much of the game. I.E., no fun.

Prioritizing anything around artificially hindering speed runners, will inevitably do that to a game.

Let those sleeping dogs lie and just focus on enjoyable organic material that's fun to play over again in spite of speed running possibility. and cool cosmetics, making people want to support the game even more with their money so it can thrive and grow.

Often times those meta speed runners grow in manifestation due to specific stalling mechanics. Introducing a sort of self fulfilling prophecy, where the main prority of the player becomes rushing, before something is patched to be more restrictive or gated, instead of playing for sheer enjoyment, and looking nice.

RNG drops of rare items can be argued over, but loosening stall mechanics in the gameplay mechanics itself, can make the runs for those items more fun at the very least.

Furthermore, Archwings. I have not been too keen on the past revision you did to Archwing's orientation mechanics. Orientation is like swimming through Battlefield Earth camera angles with how often times you get slanted pespectives, that will randomly rotate throughout progression of the Archwing mission. No doubt causing many people's motion sickness, more so than prior Archwing.

Another thing, one of the problems with Archwing is that it feels barebones compared to the main gameplay, it's like playing Corpus ship tilesets all over again, like back during the early days of Warframes. 

I think you could be able to recycle some of the tiles and palettes of regular missions, for expanded Archwing locales, until you can create more unique Archwing tiles. It would be fun to also be able to seemlessly switch from running and then right into Archwing, in a similar way to switching to your Operator, except without the hindering camera wipe.

People like myself liked the concept of optionally flying through regular mission tiles when first hearing about Archwing(Does not have to be for every mission, just missions that demand Archwing), as well as potential for traveling to open NPC locales via this way, in a possible future.

And on to Lunaro, I think you would be better off going the Midway Mutant League sort of route and allowing for real fighting and abilities/optional power ups to make Lunaro more eye catching/desirable. People don't like such mundane or too restricted a set up, especially for something that does not even lend itself to the main game. It automatically makes that side feature into a pariah when it's more no-fun-allowed than the main game. Why bother then when there is barely any reward and it's less fun?

Edited by UrielColtan

questions:

Can you show some love to the least used sections of the starmap like void and kuva fortress and maybe look at giving us an actual reason to go there...

I'm sure I'm not the only one to only bother going to void for argon or fissure alerts... even the puzzle rooms don't have anything special in the mod drop tables.  The fortress tilesets, while pretty, don't really have any reason to go there other than completing the map, you could have had the new mods there or had kuva 'storage containers' there that we could find but there's nothing you can't get elsewhere with less effort.  There isn't even any nightwatch corps there so we could go there for missing mods from their event....

Sorties.... can you consider adding 'something' into the list that actually makes it feel like you've 'won a prize' for the effort rather than us being like 2k endo (and I actually do need more endo), is that it for all that effort.  It actually feels like it's not worth the effort when you get poor rewards. 

Would you consider putting corrupted mods in alerts or making some way for us to do the corrupted mod vaults solo... getting teams specifically for going after corrupted mods is hard work even in a clan and it's not like you can do it solo because of the one key limit and 4 possible keys.  Maybe a more expensive universal solo player key could be created...

First of all, thank you DE for this awesome year, make the next one even greater and enjoy your holidays!

1.I don't know if this has been asked but are dedicated servers going to work for dojos aswell? Or maybe the ability to invite someone to your ship and make trades? For people with huge dojos host migrations while trading are really annoying.

2.Sortie token system?

3.Are we still getting the bard frame this year? I know there's still work to be done, but I'm just really excited to make some cool sounds :D!

4.Is Gorgon Wraith currently in the invasions like all the other Wraith/Vandal weapons, I'm asking this since this weapon has never been in the Sortie Rewards before, and also about Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal (Please don't hate me older players D:), are those weapons ever coming back, even though they're just for mastery nowadays?

5.Are you guys going to PBR old skins/attachments like syandanas and warframe helmets, some helmets currently look really weird with warframes that have been PBR'd, for example Rhino Prime with his non prime Helmet.