[DE]Rebecca

Coming Soon: Final 2016 Devstream!

In  years past, the Dev team has done a projection of the upcoming year- plans, aspirations, and a detailed reflection on the past year. I felt like we didn't really get to see that going into 2016, probably because you sneaky storytellers were holding out on plot points for TWW, which I understand, but I think more clarity with plans and goals for the year would be awesome to hear. <3

Question:
Is there a chance in the future that Prime Vault will have its own Accessories Only Package?
More players want the Syandana only and could pay around 15-20$ for it.

Would like to hear something more about :

• Umbra ?
  • Frost Deluxe skin ?
  • New rooms in dojo ?

1) Are there plans to address Archwing again? In its current state, with omni-directional movement in free space, there's a certain heaviness and floatiness to movement, making it difficult to make sharp turns and precise movements. Are there plans to address this in the near future?

Also, are there plans to bring the omni-directional movement to Sharkwing?

2) ETA on the defense/healing Sentinel? It was teased a while ago to also have a quest coming with it. Curious if it's still in the pipeline, or if it's been pushed back to a later date? Also, if this can be answered at the moment: Will it come with slots for itself and weapon, or will we need to buy more?

3) On the topic of Sentinels: Next Primed Sentinel?

4) Kavat Genetic Sequences: Buff to their drop chance?

5) Limbo Rework: Talk of our resident Rift Walker has been going around for a while. Me personally, I love his kit, but many others dislike it. How do you plan to rework him? Make him more utility, or more DPS?

6) There's currently a bug with the Ignis that I can't recreate. At random times the Ignis will stop deducting ammo when fired, the ammo counter will stay at the max count and give the user infinite ammo for a while before it starts counting normally again. I'm hoping I'm not the only player that's encounter this. (Could probably make this a topic in itself if I can get it to happen again.)

7) Will it ever be possible to join a friends Survival or Defense mission after the first five minutes/waves?

8) Any chance of us receiving a third top slot on Frames? We have Aura and Exilus slots, Will/could we get a third slot for Ability Augment mods?

9)Will we get more Warframe exclusive cosmetics in the future? Nekros currently has his Mortos Binds, and Valkyr has her Bonds. It would be nice for the rest of the Frames to get Auxiliary attachments, aside from the seasonal items.

Just some quick questions for if you guys answer community questions in this Devstream.

1. I'm a PS4 player, and I did some research on the Riven mods in preparation for the arrival of the War Within. I noticed that there did not seem to be any Riven mods for Shotguns, Secondaries, or Melees. Are there any plans to extend Riven mods to these classes in the near future?

2. I recall that in a previous stream, you guys showed some new Corpus Tonfas. One of the Index members used them, but they are not currently available to players in game (on PS4 at least anyways). Are these Tonfas still in the works? Or have they been scrapped?

3. Would you ever consider making Channeling a toggle? As a controller user, having to hold the Channel button, and do other things at the same time is quite difficult for me. I don't currently channel much, but I feel like if it was switched to a toggle, I would probably use it more.

Edited by (PS4)Sawwhet5975
  • Upvote 1

Thoughts for focus system in future?

Thoughts on weapons damage balance in order to make every weapon viable for high level missions? Im tired seeing everybody with the same items like simulors, galatines, wars, etc.

Gameplay is so quickly, frenetic with so many action on screen....... that at high level missions it is very easy being 1-shooted by a heavy unit (like Corpus Tech) with absolutely no time to react. Any thought about balancing that? Giving us a small chance to avoid that?

Enemy spawning with no sense (example: kuva syphoon event). Will there be a coherent fix?

Thank you.

Edited by ArionLightning

The Chroma deluxe skin is coming Soon (TM), will he be getting a rework to address his lack of a proper passive as well as the issues players have with his lackluster 4th ability and nigh useless 1st ability?

Why is a kuva cloud appears to be an invisible bleeding and screaming corrupted butcher's head? It was revealed with help of Helios.

Umbra, it's sure that you will bring it in the next cinematic quest? I know it's too earlier and annoying too, but I wanted him so baddly and I have afraid it will pass an other year....

Giveaway PC/Console prize, some country can't partecipate it, there will be for them too? I wanted partecipate but I can't,cause I'm from Italy 

there's anything planned to Cephalon Simaris in the moment?

i did an topic talking about new additions that his sanctuary can bring to us:

can we have the ability to turn Prime Frame/Weapon in inventory that wasn't leveled at all into Blueprints ? like if you buy a prime access or Vault access but you already have frame/weapon and want to benefit from the purchase.

just like syndicate weapons but ability to turn them into Blueprints which i think will encourage more player to buy Prime Access/Vault Access.

1- When will the game-mechanics-bandaid unit (nullifiers) be removed or reworked to not punish player loadouts that favor slow weapons or buff-reliant frames (like tanks)?

2- When can we expect the corpus to stop being party poopers and start being fun to play against?  When can we expect a full rollout of The Index?

3- Can we expect damage 3.0 before or after rivens roll out to all weapon types?  Aren't rivens just making damage 3.0 more challenging?  Wouldn't base stat modifiers make rivens more effective AND more interesting?  Why is -100% dmg still a thing?  When can we expect to lock in specific stats when rerolling rivens?

4- The invasion system, combined with the changes to sortie rewards, should be providing the parts for 1 variant weapon in roughly the same time frame as a sortie season used to last (varied, but about 2-3 months).  Currently there's been maybe a single weapon part reward offered in invasions since TWW went live.  Is this working as intended?  Can we expect a buff to the frequency of these rewards?  How long does DE expect acquisition of a complete weapon to take in the current system?

5- When can we expect shield gating?

F- Still with me? Good, let's move on.

7- The current relic system arguably still favors non-endless, rushable mission types; ESPECIALLY with the ever-present risk of losing all of your rewards AND the relics you cracked open in the event of a host disconnect, which happens at any time.  Even reconnecting to the host will leave you with NONE of the rewards gained thus far.  Certain endless mission types (especially survival) are very punishing and uncontrollable, resulting in unopened relics at phase end.  Meanwhile, relics cannot be refined during endless missions, and void traces can easily cap before reaching rewards that are marginally worth the effort.  What sort of changes can we expect to see to make endless mission types grant rewards that are commensurate with the effort required of them AND can protect players from connection problems?  

8- Why can't we farm void traces in the void?  We can already get traces by doing fissure missions without relics.  How is that any different from killing the same enemies in the void?

9- The new mods that were recently introduced were placed on enemies that only spawn below lvl 15 with heart-achingly low drop rates.  Farming for these mods is both trivial and boring and promotes burnout since you're forced to restart endless missions after a point (the target mob stops spawning); meaning you don't even see the difficulty ramp up.  Why you do dis to us?

10- More and more systems in game are favoring quick, short missions that require little skill or teamwork and pose little challenge but grant the same reward as longer, harder missions.  This includes everything from kuva missions and nightmare alerts, to void fissures, invasions and even rotation A relic farming.  What can we expect from DE this year that will bring back engaging, challenging, teamwork-necessitating, cheese-free gameplay?

11- Drop dilution is becoming a problem from many players when it comes to relics.  Many relics are very hard to come by while more common ones have duplicate parts of other relics.  Relics don't appear to have standardized drop rates between their common, uncommon, and rare drops with the spira prime being a perfect example of the effect this has.  The weapon is incredibly difficult to get, and the trade value of its parts remains high long after it's release.  Is this "working as intended"?

12- With work being demonstrated on the deluxe skins for mag, frost, zephyr and chroma over the past year, what order can we be expecting these to go live?  Typically, skins accompany a rework, though Frost is one of the best designed frames in the game and mag just had a rework (though she could probably use a tweak or two with the more recent nullifier changes).  Are you going to stick with that formula for these skins, prioritizing the frames that really need attention (chroma and zephyr) or will we get frost and mag, who appear to be further along in production, sans rework?

13- The only reason I can see that makes the Zarr a rifle and not a shotgun is that it permits it to use rivens right now and not 6 months down the line...  Is that correct?

Prime warframes and weapons you can buy or farm for them, Any chance of adding Prime (Vault) Accessories to be added to the relics system, these are are only stuff you can't farm for.

My question(s) are:

1. Is there any statistics on the use of Kubrows/Kavats, compared to Sentinels, and the like. Both with low, to high Mastery Rank players. IE, do people who are MR 18-23 use Kavats, and Kubrows more often then people who are MR 7-12, etc.

2. Is there any plans on making, say, an aura slot on Kubrows/Kavats? Adding possibly three for now, in the regards to utility, damage, or defense. aura's would only affect other Kavats, and Kubrows, and give bonus flat Armor/Damage reduction for defensive aura, Bonus damage to melee attacks (Like steel charge, but for Pets) in the offensive aura, or bonus HP Regen/Bleed out time, or something akin to power Strength modifier on their abilities in the form of a Utility Aura. 

I'm not sure when the last time I used a sentinel was, maybe the allure of having a Cat as my partner is too good.

So with the changes to Ash going live, I have seen a lot of feedback on it. Most of the actual feedback that one can find agree on one thing. The changes to smoke bomb are very welcome and loved. Teleport is something that had not been talked about as much.

Blamestorm either has one of the people talking about it. The majority that claim it is a nerf and are complaining because another one button win was list. The minority who agree with and like the changes. Then there is the majority out people who see the changes as doing very little to solve what you guys wanted. Sure the ability may be slightly more interactive, but most just toggle sweep then kill. 

I know you feel the ability is something that identifies Ash. Something a lot of us would agree on, however that does not mean something else should be forgotten. Ash currently is viewed like Excalibur was, a majority view two abilities as being better than the others. At the tone these abilities were radial javelin and radial blind. However the ones that played him over all other frames saw value in his other abilities.  Currently is being defined by one ability, that ability is blade storm. 

So my question to the staff at DE is this. Have you looked into the feedback of the ash changes, and have you seen that not everyone is happy with the current version of blade storm?

Will we ever see more cosmetic stuff for specific frames? So far only Nekros and Valkyr have cosmetics that are exclusive to them.

have you guys ever thought of switching how at the end of each def. or intersepson. when you dont make a choice it auto puts you into continue instead of extract. i think it might be better to switch that so that if some one has to go afk in the middle of the round at like round 5, 10 15, ect, they dont have to warry about every one leaving and them being stuck in a mission after so long of farming and losing every thing. (this has happend to me to many times.)

(ps srry for the bad spelling and bad grammar)