Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Final 2016 Devstream!

[DE]Rebecca

A few questions regarding Valkyr prime. 

1: When are we going to get the narrated trailer?

2: Could it be possible to change her appearance so it fits her actual lore? Meaning removing the corpus blocks and bonds on her arms?

3: Finally, why have you decided to do Valkyr prime before Banshee prime? I know you guys didn't have much time to do Valkyr prime, hence why I wonder why you didn't do Banshee first, because she doesn't have that much lore compared to Valkyr.

I'd really like some more info on that matter, and I'm 95% sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by Stoner74

Some weapons textures have been changed since the graphic update awhile back. Specific example would be the Etheral Reaper's blade hs gone from a glowy energy looking blade to a watery plastic looking blade with some glow on it. Any news on a pass over on some of the older weapons apperances?

Will we ever see Prime or something equal to Prime Clan Tech weapons such as the Quanta? Maybe linked in with the rumored Clan 2.0?

Can we expect any further tweaks to Ash in the near future?

Some ideas of mine are:

Shuriken  - number of shurikens thrown now scales with combo counter. Alternatively, shuriken damage could simply scale off of melee mods.

Smoke Screen - make it re-castable. This would mean greater synergy with the ' Smoke Shadow ' aug, as you don't have to wait for the duration to expire to cloak your teammates.

Teleport - no major revisions needed here, maybe just increase the number of things that Ash can teleport to ( like maybe even teleporting to pickups, mods, etc. )

Bladestorm - instead of Ash doing the bladestorm, he instead sends out his clones to do it for him. Tap to send clones to attack marked targets; Hold to join in on the bladestorm yourself.

Edited by Iceyspy

Has DE considered Mods that work in a manner similar to equipment sets? And by that I mean mods that gain effectiveness if you wear multiple related pieces of gear. Perhaps it has a stand-alone effect that gets better with more set pieces, or it has an effect that improves all the set pieces together. You'd have to wear themed load outs such as:

1. A load out of primed primary, secondary and melee
  2. A syndicate primary, secondary and melee.
  3. Certain themed weapons like the boltor weapons have a full set of primary, secondary and melee as well.
  4. Faction specific sets come to mind as well.

At the very least it might be another interesting angle to approach syndicate mods.

I think it would be a bonus to players that enjoy building thematic load-outs as opposed to a by the numbers approach.

Edited by Caelward

I've been wondering are there any plans or talks within the studio to include in the relic selection screen some kind of indicator as to whether a specific relic has been vaulted? As much as I love the wiki having to cross reference what relics I have that are now not farmable is becoming quite annoying especially because I forgot said relics within the same day i checked.

Is there likely to be a redesign for older items in the game such as dread and arcane helms ? It would be really nice to have a visual difference with the arcane helms, especially being as they're far less common but currently look the same as they're non arcane equivilants.  

Edited by vipran

1. Is there any chance we could get an Excavation mission on the Moon? Surely there's gotta be something worth digging up.
  2. Would there be any possibility of spreading out relic drops? I.E. Hieracon drops all the relics in the Neo/Axi era, instead why not cut out some of the relics put them into a different node? Makes it a bit easier to get the relic you want and gives other nodes a chance to be played.
  3. Spoiler

Will the Operator be integrated more into the Focus system or at least be made more useful besides being required for kuva farming?

4. Can we get the ability to stack items in trade? It would be nice for bulk selling or for those sets that require multiples of parts.

5. Will the Void tile be given a new purpose? It's really just kinda there.

When will you fix the Minimap-Overlay which is too big and obscures the screen since The War Within update? Additionally it gets cluttered with enemy Boss transmissions since they show up on the right side of the screen and Mod pickups. The overlay also does not show objectives (like next enemy in exterminates) and Teammates correctly/at all.   -fixed in last Hotfix 19.3.1; thank god I was going insane :P

Also the new Aura-mods like Growing Power stop working after using the Focus abilities.

Why do we still have to watch "Ash the Movie" now that we have to mark each enemy?

Would you consider implementing a hold-mechanic for Bladestorm where tapping it only sends out the clones and holding 4 sends Ash along with them for faster killing? Best of both worlds.

Keep on trucking otherwise :inlove:

Edited by Zharun

Exciting!

Questions:

1. Can we expect Rivens for Melees in the foreseeable future?

2. Arcane Rework? I think I remember Steve said something about making distilling free (would be a very welcomed change)

3.  Do you have plans to make Sentients more relevant? It's kind of lacking as a faction. Example: What happened to Hunhow being that giant foreboding creature in the beginning of Second Dream, I wouldn't be impressed to believe he just up and vanished after War broke. Can we get some more Hunhow/Sentient interaction in the system?

How's that Limbo rework?

Any plans to make the Ash rework more active? I'm tired of cutscenes.

Any plan to make a consistent source of Rivens for those disenfranchised by RNG? Syndicate rewards? Weekly Teshin quest?

Any plans on other Riven categories? Shotguns, secondaries, melee, warframes?

Can the combo system be looked at to be more usable and not require certain mods?

Mesa is miserable to obtain. Any chance of changing as hydroid was changed?

When will focus get reworked/how? I have a lot of useless lenses, half of which can't be traded. 

While the prime unvaulting package was very fairly priced for players who were missing vaulted items, you still neglected to give players who only needed accessories an option. What is the reasoning for this? It most likely would have helped sales by adding another group of customers. Not communicating about reasoning behind such issues doesn't help. Honesty is better than speculation. 

Despite my pile of questions I do love this game and think it's been the best year yet. Keep up the great work!

Please consider making kuva costs on rivens a flat rate. With it as is now, all that it does is serve to make a mod complete trash once it hits a certain point and rng has been cruel. I can't think of any valid reason to keep it as is, We already have to deal with it being a random mod for a random weapon (not even counting whether you even get a riven in the first place). The idea of them buffing low quality weapons is a useless point if the player gets screwed over with the rng stats to the point of not being able to afford rolling it.

2 hours ago, Archwizard said:

In order of importance:

Since the last time you mentioned addressing “mandatory” mods like +damage and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank and Riven mods to the game, which simply contribute to the issue. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?

Have you been able to spare that programmer for Shield Gating yet? When can we expect it?

Any progress on the Limbo rework?

In the Reddit AMA, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

I can answer you this one: The PNG format DE uses is limited to 4 tint options, which is the reason they can't add anything else. Having to do that would require them changing the whole texture set up.

I want to ask you guys:

0) Do you have any set goals for 2017? (how's the bourbon? :P)

Which brings me to...:

1) What are you guys looking on updating next? We haven't heard much about Dojos or Dark Sectors, anything you are able to share on those?

2) Now that the Second Dream and the War Within are replayable... Any chance to make Vor's Prize replayable as well? And what about adding that cutscene in which he gets demoted back in, would that be possible? Asking because some people may want to replay the Tutorial after hiatus, and since it's the first quest you do, well...

3) This one's weird but, hey here it goes: Next up to the Vault will be Volt and Odonata Prime, but we still haven't gotten any other Prime Archwing gear and it's already being retired! Are you guys considering alternative methods to Prime Access and "classic" obtention methods for these? Anything we can look forward in the near future?

4) Am I loser?

Thanks as always Rebecca :P

EDIT: Added a new one! I forgot to add this one!

Edited by NightmareT12