The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Community

(XBOX)Sp3ctral Arc

I just wanted to put this down, as its a question that is worth asking, but how do you think the Warframe Community as a whole is doing? This includes Xbox, PS4, and PC.

Me personally I think that for the time that warframe has been out, its doing pretty fair, considering that its on-par with content as some of the AAA titles releasing. There are those times where the population may dip, and from prior knowledge (myself included) its from a lack of content.

One last thing, I feel should mention that warframe is one of the healthier communities, with the exception of the past (content releases) for the consoles. But other than that, yeah. Have a nice day. 

I say the community itself ahs its up and downs like every community has, some pricks, some helpful people and some not care for the forums or community at all. Myself on the topic of "having nothing to do anymore" i still play the game from time ot time becasue it is fun to play not just for a goal at times, the fun itself at times can keep you playing and not just mere grind.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Sp3ctral Arc said:

I just wanted to put this down, as its a question that is worth asking, but how do you think the Warframe Community as a whole is doing? This includes Xbox, PS4, and PC.

Me personally I think that for the time that warframe has been out, its doing pretty fair, considering that its on-par with content as some of the AAA titles releasing. There are those times where the population may dip, and from prior knowledge (myself included) its from a lack of content.

One last thing, I feel should mention that warframe is one of the healthier communities, with the exception of the past (content releases) for the consoles. But other than that, yeah. Have a nice day. 

I would agree that the community on the whole is pretty healthy, but it does have a few problems...

For one, it's largely divided. We have those who want to play the objective, play only the objective, and everything else is irrelevant. Then, we have the people who want to explore every nook and cranny of the maps they are in in order to get all of the loot, credits and shinies they can find. The two groups sniping at each other and those who fall within that spectrum in one direction or another are a point of contention in the community, and I've personally had some very nasty experiences with the community because of that issue. It's been a while, but I remember. That sort of thing isn't something you can forget.

To a degree, as well, the community isn't exactly super duper supportive of newer players. A lot of vets have been grandfathered in and they're the ones who already have everything and therefore nothing to do. With that in mind, that's a blanketed statement, and of course there are a lot of exceptions. I see plenty of lower-MR players on all of the missions I still go on, and that's obviously a good sign, if MR does in fact correlate to play time. But I'm not certain as to whether or not it's growing or shrinking or how it's behaving. That's just something I don't keep track of. 

Overall, though, the community is in decent health, but we have to keep an eye on it. DE obviously has a large part to play, but as active members of the community it is part of our job to make sure that things continue to work properly, without causing toxicity to sneak in and start souring the game. 

My two cents on the subject, anyway.

It's an interesting case. Inside the game itself community is pretty good, you can always expect at least someone to help you in region chat with questions, unless it's something silly like "in which relic X part drops", no one remembers that.

Forums though... Oh boy.

On PS4, at least, it's become hilariously toxic. Region chat is an abomination. Nothing but people cursing constantly, spamming, getting into racial/sexist/other "debates" to piss people off, purposely using it for trading/recruiting when that's not what it's for, people literally sitting in region chat all day telling everyone the game sucks, etc.

Noobs spam it with questions no one ever answers, and in general it's a toxic, unfriendly, and entirely useless channel that doesn't promote anything other than S#&$posting. That's not even getting into actually playing the game, where normal people have to contend with Mirage Simulor tryhards in a lvl 30 mission.

So yeah overall pretty bad, but that's the fault of players, Almost 3 years in and I still love the game itself so whatever. I just play solo unless it's a defense/excavation sortie.

Edited by (PS4)Shadovvolfe

I'm seeing awesome tenno almost everyday i play.

Perosnaly i dont rly have bad experience but when i do they are rly not friendly.

Of course we have the usual salt/complaining but we can deal with that ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

4 hours ago, ashrah said:

starting to be toxic.... that is pretty bad....i  avoid toxic ppl at any cost....

Same thing is said after any change...Relics, Starchart 3.0, removing Draco, and so on.

4 hours ago, Artek94 said:

It's an interesting case. Inside the game itself community is pretty good, you can always expect at least someone to help you in region chat with questions, unless it's something silly like "in which relic X part drops", no one remembers that.

Forums though... Oh boy

Bingo.  I'll second this and a +1 for you.

In PC in-game the community is ok... there is always salt, toxic or trolls, still that's in every game, but they don't last as they are basically ignored by most players...or strike down by moderators almost as soon as it gets out of hand.

As for the Forums... it has become a bit unstable... to put it nicely. I really don't know how the community managers are filtering their usual game data to add to their reports to the high ups...  as things have gotten to messy to follow up, even after disqualifying post to be ignore even if not close that are not following the Code of Conduct its still overwhelming. Not that I would know anything official like that of course... lol 

Thankfully there are still official forum post that are focus on gathering specific data that help out... 

1 hour ago, 0zryel said:

In PC in-game the community is ok... there is always salt, toxic or trolls, still that's in every game, but they don't last as they are basically ignored by most players...or strike down by moderators almost as soon as it gets out of hand.

As for the Forums... it has become a bit unstable... to put it nicely. I really don't know how the community managers are filtering their usual game data to add to their reports to the high ups...  as things have gotten to messy to follow up, even after disqualifying post to be ignore even if not close that are not following the Code of Conduct its still overwhelming. Not that I would know anything official like that of course... lol 

Thankfully there are still official forum post that are focus on gathering specific data that help out... 

As someone who spent a lot of time on the subreddit for this game, the forums here are as good as it gets. Say anything about the meta and you get downvoted to hell and banned.

Honestly, I think that when people talk about how great "the community" is, it's largely colored by all the content creators. Lot of youtubers make WF content, art, concept ideas, etc.

The actual playerbase has been...pretty horrible in my 2.5 years of play. I guess its the price you pay when the game is free.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Shadovvolfe said:

As someone who spent a lot of time on the subreddit for this game, the forums here are as good as it gets. Say anything about the meta and you get downvoted to hell and banned.

Honestly, I think that when people talk about how great "the community" is, it's largely colored by all the content creators. Lot of youtubers make WF content, art, concept ideas, etc.

The actual playerbase has been...pretty horrible in my 2.5 years of play. I guess its the price you pay when the game is free.

Wow now that you mention it... I think your right. Lately I HAVE notice "the community" is, it's largely colored by all the content creators. Youtubers making WF content, art, concept ideas, etc. Even the the Design Counsel affects a lot of decision... that I know a lot of players would not support, but I guess that would not matter in time as the number diminish unless they have been open it up to to add carefully selected players and not just founders. :surprised:

Even if its the price you pay when the game is free... if its not control at some point, it could affect it over time or not such is the inpredictable nature when so many people from different places in the world gather. :awkward:

But your right on your point there when you said: "Honestly, I think that when people talk about how great "the community" is, it's largely colored by all the content creators. Lot of youtubers make WF content, art, concept ideas, etc." :awe:

It will certainly help me keep an eye out and pinpoint the source of some stuff I have lately notice...maybe even take proper action. Thanks! :highfive:

Honestly, I avoid the community as much as I can. I am on 'ded clan' #3 right now and the only reason I haven't left is because I prefer the quiet blank text box of clan chat v/s what I view as critical levels of dumb found in region. (Also, guildies from other games.)  I have recently found some regulars to play with here and there, but our play styles do differ radically at times, so controlled doses keeps everyone happy.

Angrados broke it into two categories, but I could argue that there are more splinters than that. The standouts for me are:

- The focused : Farm the things for max efficiency.
- The min-maxer : Top tier all the things.
- The Elite : Tends to use the phrase " How are you failing? " or " LOL! I did that easily! "
- The "Sonic" : Has to obliterate everything FAST!
- The Lazy : Prone to solve most fights with stupid levels of AOE skills/weapons.
- The Slowpoke : never makes it to the extraction point before timeout.
- The Lewis & Clark : meticulously covers every square foot of the map and picks up everything.
- The Bored : Does random stuff, but has done it all.

So I play solo mostly ...

23 minutes ago, HexxyTheGrouch said:

Honestly, I avoid the community as much as I can. I am on 'ded clan' #3 right now and the only reason I haven't left is because I prefer the quiet blank text box of clan chat v/s what I view as critical levels of dumb found in region. (Also, guildies from other games.)  I have recently found some regulars to play with here and there, but our play styles do differ radically at times, so controlled doses keeps everyone happy.

Angrados broke it into two categories, but I could argue that there are more splinters than that. The standouts for me are:

- The focused : Farm the things for max efficiency.
- The min-maxer : Top tier all the things.
- The Elite : Tends to use the phrase " How are you failing? " or " LOL! I did that easily! "
- The "Sonic" : Has to obliterate everything FAST!
- The Lazy : Prone to solve most fights with stupid levels of AOE skills/weapons.
- The Slowpoke : never makes it to the extraction point before timeout.
- The Lewis & Clark : meticulously covers every square foot of the map and picks up everything.
- The Bored : Does random stuff, but has done it all.

So I play solo mostly ...

I only broke it into two because I was having a hard time articulating the thought. Thanks for expanding on it, though--you did a good job with this.

The bottom line is that right now we have a community which is slowly fracturing under its own weight at the moment, with different contingents and portions of the community turning on one another/people who don't really fall into any of the catagories, thus driving away players while they go and do their own thing. I would say that's something that we need to be really conscious about. 

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

the "DE pls nerf this because i dont like it and i dont like it when something is viable " club is starting to rise rapidly 

...okay, so that on its face sounds like you're just complaining that people think things need balancing. That's ultimately what a nerf or a buff is--an effort to balance the game. I think a balanced game is good. The question  oomes to mean, then what is the balance that we're trying to find? Just gotta be respectful about it.

Just now, Angrados said:

...okay, so that on its face sounds like you're just complaining that people think things need balancing. That's ultimately what a nerf or a buff is--an effort to balance the game. I think a balanced game is good. The question  oomes to mean, then what is the balance that we're trying to find? Just gotta be respectful about it.

True balance never exists in a PVE focused game . Some things were meant to be better than others and when people start to whine about this, it becomes annoying. Have you seen the number of "why banshee needs a nerf " and "why mirage needs a nerf" or " i hate the synoid simulor"  and even better "i loathe ember" posts on here in the span of just 3 days ?

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

True balance never exists in a PVE focused game . Some things were meant to be better than others and when people start to whine about this, it becomes annoying. Have you seen the number of "why banshee needs a nerf " and "why mirage needs a nerf" or " i hate the synoid simulor"  and even better "i loathe ember" posts on here in the span of just 3 days ?

True balance never exists in any game, that's not an excuse for it to not be strived for. If one thing dominates everything else, it's a problem. If one thing dominates everything else and ruins the fun/undermines the purpose of the game/mission/experience, it's going to be complained about because it should be changed. The fact that half the playerbase hates it enough to constantly complain about doesn't make them annoying, it means they have a point.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shadovvolfe said:

True balance never exists in any game, that's not an excuse for it to not be strived for. If one thing dominates everything else, it's a problem. If one thing dominates everything else and ruins the fun/undermines the purpose of the game/mission/experience, it's going to be complained about because it should be changed. The fact that half the playerbase hates it enough to constantly complain about doesn't make them annoying, it means they have a point.

excpet this time it isnt half the player base like it was with ash . its a few people who want missions to be played their way and no one elses

19 minutes ago, Angrados said:

I only broke it into two because I was having a hard time articulating the thought. Thanks for expanding on it, though--you did a good job with this.

The bottom line is that right now we have a community which is slowly fracturing under its own weight at the moment, with different contingents and portions of the community turning on one another/people who don't really fall into any of the catagories, thus driving away players while they go and do their own thing. I would say that's something that we need to be really conscious about. 

Multiple people, myself included, were banned from the Warframe subreddit for saying Mirage+Simulor is a problem.

I'm not going to blame DE for the current extreme toxicity in the community because this happens in almost every game to some extent if its not single player. I *will* however say that I've never seen a community that is so split and hostile about the issue; half the people saying "stop being a tryhard and let us play" and maybe 20% saying "go to hell I want to play on public while using my OP cheese strats to finish the mission in 30 seconds"

In other games, people from the second group were taken to task. Dark Souls, Destiny, GW2; you have to nerf these things for the benefit of all. A minority group of players shouldn't get to dictate the game for everyone else, and that's exactly what's happening right now, hurting the gaming experience and giving a handful of jerks power over everybody.

I hope DE does the same, because this is reaching critical mass. This is a social game; half of us shouldn't be playing solo all the time to avoid people who refuse to let us participate in missions.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DeluxeKnight831 said:

excpet this time it isnt half the player base like it was with ash . its a few people who want missions to be played their way and no one elses

Is "our way" "don't spam mirage simulor, barring us from participation"?

No. That's your way. It's one way out of a million ways to play the game, and it's cancerous. You're in the minority. Ash also wasn't considered this top tier frame to begin with, even before the rework. Hell, one of the most common complaints was that Ash took all day to kill stuff; people didn't like having to sit there and wait for him to BS a crowd of level 100+ mobs while they couldn't shoot them. I think DE even commented on that, as apparently making enemies killable during finishers can break the game.

On PC, I would go as far to say that the community is doing really good. The Steam community hub always shows like, over 35,000+ players playing at all times of day, and no matter what mission I choose, even if there are no currently open squads, someone ends up joining.

I have over 500+ hours put into this game, and I haven't really ever ran into another player who was an outright A-hole. The worst it ever really gets is people who are passive aggressive, or just dead silent and they ignore almost everything. Though, things like the latter could be put down to language issues and stuff, since this game does have a pretty wide reach.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shadovvolfe said:

Multiple people, myself included, were banned from the Warframe subreddit for saying Mirage+Simulor is a problem.

I'm not going to blame DE for the current extreme toxicity in the community because this happens in almost every game to some extent if its not single player. I *will* however say that I've never seen a community that is so split and hostile about the issue; half the people saying "stop being a tryhard and let us play" and maybe 20% saying "go to hell I want to play on public while using my OP cheese strats to finish the mission in 30 seconds"

In other games, people from the second group were taken to task. Dark Souls, Destiny, GW2; you have to nerf these things for the benefit of all. A minority group of players shouldn't get to dictate the game for everyone else, and that's exactly what's happening right now, hurting the gaming experience and giving a handful of jerks power over everybody.

I hope DE does the same, because this is reaching critical mass. This is a social game; half of us shouldn't be playing solo all the time to avoid people who refuse to let us participate in missions.

This, right here, is why the official forums should be the only place feedback gets solicited.  Subreddits are a toxic backside for the internet and have been for nearly everything.

It's pretty obvious when decisions get made from other sources----it gets toxic here.  Design council takes notes there, and misses the mark, despite being well intentioned, etc.

It's actually pretty astonishing how issues are perceived here and in game, versus the other social media sites.  In game appears to be on the same page as the official forum far more often than not.

As far as community in total...it leaves it pretty divided.  You've got people that actually believe PvE shouldn't have balance, and people that do.  People that believe that RNG everything is great, people that want it reduced.  People that believe hours in a single mission is challenge and reward, people that don't.  If focus was made to go a specific direction, it'd draw a specific crowd----or if energy was(and is much better than it used to be) used to appeal to both crowds relatively equally.

Overall, it's not all that bad.  Most people that REALLY take to be a shouting pain in the butt are the minority.  Most of the community is just fine.