Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rogue, the Thief - Warframe Concept

General_Durandal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Rogue

• Codex: This is Rogue, the burglar, the cutpurse.
  • There is no treasure out of her reach, it's only a matter of time before it's hers.

• Style: Thief
  • Appearance: Hooded and cloaked strapped jumpsuit.
  • Size: Below Average
  • Speed 1.3 (fast)
  • Jump Height: 1.3 (acrobat)
  • Agility: Agile

• Unranked
  • Shield: 50
  • Power: 80
  • Health: 25
  • Armor: 20

• Rank 30
  • Shield: 150
  • Power: 120
  • Health: 75
  • Armor: 20

• Passive: Elusive
  • While crouching and not moving, Rogue is 90% harder to detect.
  • While wall clinging, Rogue is 80% harder to detect.
  • While crouching and moving, Rogue is 70% harder to detect.
  • While rolling, Rogue is 60% harder to detect.
  • While rolling, Rogue receives no damage.
  • If an enemy is alerted to Rogue, and she rolls out of sight,
  • the enemy looses track of her and searches the area.
  •  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Power 1: Traps

• Tap to cast at feet / Hold to cast on target
  •  
  • Cost: 25 energy (power efficiency)
  •  
  • Tap to cast at feet: Caltrops
  • Throw a few Caltrops on the ground behind you to thwart your chasers.
  • Enemies that step on a Caltrop receive a Bleed proc,
  • and will stop to remove it from their foot before continuing the chase.
  •  
  • Caltrops: 1/2/3/4 (power strength)
  • Bleed Proc Duration: 1/2/3/4 seconds (power duration)
  • Bleed Proc Damage: 2/4/6/8 per second (power strength)
  •  
  • Hold to cast on target: Trap-Hack
  • Make enemy traps become an ally, which will only harm your enemies.
  • Works on: tesla, turret, and mine type traps. (doesn't work on death orbs) (Rogue Prime's does work on Death Orbs)
  •  
  • Duration: 10/20/30/40 seconds (power duration)

•  
  • Augment: Death-Traps
  • Caltrops now explode when stepped on by enemies.
  • All hacked traps become deadly.
  •  
  • Caltrop Damage boost: 100/200/300/400 blast damage with 25/50/75/100% knockdown.
  • Hacked Trap Damage boost: 50/100/150/200% extra damage dealt.
  •  

Power 2: Tools

• Tap to cast on target / Hold to cast at aim-point
  •  
  • Cost: 50 energy (power efficiency)
  •  
  • Tap to cast on target: Lockpicks
  • When used on a locked locker, it has a chance to unlock it.
  • When cast on a locked door, it unlocks.
  • When cast on a unlocked door, it locks.
  • (players and allies can get through the locked doors)
  • Enemies can't pass through locked doors,
  • but they can unlock them from a nearby console.
  •  
  • Cast Range: 1/2/3/4 meters (power range)
  • Locker Unlock Chance: 15/30/45/60% (power strength) (stacks with Master Thief)
  •  
  • Hold to cast at aim-point: Grappling Hook
  • Use a hook attached to a rope, to reach an distant place.
  • Cast on an enemy to disarm them. 
  • Cast on a disarmed enemy to knock them over.
  •  
  • Cast range: 10/15/20/25 meters (power range)

•  
  • Augment: Plunderer's Tools
  • Can now use Lockpicks on treasury and vault doors if you have a Dragon Key equipped.
  • On a successful Lockpicks attempt on a treasury or vault door, the Dragon Key is lost.
  • Grappling Hook now has a one time chance per enemy to make them drop extra loot.
  •  
  • Dragon Key Lockpick Chance: 10/20/30/40%
  • Extra Loot Chance: 10/20/30/40%
  •  

Power 3: Tricks

• Tap to cast on target / Hold to cast on target
  •  
  • Cast Cost: 75 (power efficiency)
  •  
  • Tap to cast on target: Bypass
  • When used on a unpowered door, it is opened.
  • When used on a Console, it becomes easier to hack.
  • When used on a unpowered console, it turns on and is easier to hack.
  • When used on a laser/trap/laser door, it is disabled for a time.
  • When used on enemy controlled Interception consoles, the point is instantly set to neutral.
  • Affected consoles can't be accessed by enemies for the duration. (including interception consoles)
  •  
  • Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds (power duration)
  •  
  • Hold to cast on target: Pickpocket
  • Pick the target's pocket to receive extra loot.
  • Each enemy can only be pick-pocketed once.
  •  
  • Cast Range: 0.7/1.4/2.1/3.2 meters (power range)
  • Steal Timer: 5/4/3/2 seconds (unaffected by anything)

•  
  • Augment: Entrap "trick someone into committing a crime"
  • If an enemy tries to use an effected console,
  • the console will attempt and fail to hack itself, dealing 10/20/30/40 electric damage to the user,
  • and alert other enemies to the user, who will then attack him or her thinking he or she is a spy.
  •  
  • Plant incriminating evidence on pick-pocketed enemies.
  • If another enemy gets within 1.5/3.0/4.5/6.0 meters of the effected enemy, they will see it, and attack them.
  •  

Power 4: Blackout

• Turns off the lights and power,
  • making most interiors pitch-black.
  • All you can see is what your flashlights light.
  • Some enemies can see in the dark.
  • While the power is out, enemies can't set off alarms or open doors like normal.
  • Cameras, lasers, traps, things that you'd normally want to avoid are off too.
  • When enemies pry open doors, they stay open.
  • Enemies with flashlights and night vision are open to back attacks for the duration.
  • Enemies without flashlights and/or night vision are blind for the duration.
  •  
  • Duration: 20/40/60/80 seconds (power duration)
  • AoE: 30/60/90/120 meters (power range)

•  
  • Augment: EMP
  • Blackout now stuns robots for a duration,
  • disables flashlights and night vision for the duration,
  • disarms enemies's energy weapons for the duration,
  • and deals magnet damage to shields in the AoE.
  •  
  • Robot Stun Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds
  • Shield Damage: 2000/4000/6000/8000 Magnet
  •  

Quest: The Heist

• Quest Start: Enter Ship
  • Quest start Inbox Message giver: Maroo
  • Quest start Inbox Message: Hey Tenno, meet me at the Bazar, got something juicy.
  •  
  • Part 1: Meet Maroo at the Bazar.
  •  
  • Maroo: You up for a bit of fun?
  • "Not right now." (Doesn't start the next part of the Quest.)
  •  
  • "Always." (Starts the next part of the Quest.)
  •  
  • Maroo: Alright! Okay, First off, when this is all done, we split the share 50/50, alright?
  • Good, so get this, that trader, Baro, we got talking,
  • and he mentioned finding a priceless treasure on his most recent trip through the void.
  • He could see it through a window, but no mater what he tried he couldn't get through it or the walls.
  • When he tried getting to it on foot, he found the most "convoluted contraption" he's ever seen.
  • Probably some kind of puzzle, shouldn't be a problem for a Tenno, right?
  • He placed a beacon at the entrance to the vault, use this to find the signal.
  •  
  • Item obtained: Signal Reader
  • (gear item used similarly like a scanner, but only can find and scan signal locations)
  •  
  • Part 2: Equip Signal Reader, and go to the mission in the void.
  •  
  • Mission: Void Burglary
  • Enemies: Corrupt
  • Tile-set: Void Tower
  •  
  • Task 1: Find and follow the beacon's signal to the treasury entrance.
  •  
  • Task 2: Solve the "convoluted contraption" puzzle.
  •  
  • Upon solving the puzzle, a door opens, revealing the most elaborate void treasury trap hall you've ever seen.
  •  
  • Maroo: Well, scratch fun off the list then. Good luck.
  •  
  • Task 3: Get through the void-treasury-trap-hall without touching any lasers.
  • Touching a laser will trigger the end door to start closing, (40 seconds)
  • if it closes you fail the mission.
  •  
  • Task 4: Enter the treasure room.
  • Containers line the walls, including 5 rare containers.
  • In the center of the treasure you're here for, a giant Ayatan Sculpture unlike anything you've seen before.
  •  
  • Maroo: Wow, that thing must be worth a fortune!
  • But, how are you getting it out of there?
  •  
  • Task 5: Activate Transference.
  •  
  • Task 6: As your Tenno,
  • protect your Warframe as it carries the giant Ayatan sculpture to extraction.
  •  
  • Mission complete.
  • Reward: Sytenahsa Ayatan Sculpture
  •  
  • Maroo: I won't sell that one-of-a-kind sculpture unless all the slots are filled, so, get cracking.
  • What, you want a bigger cut for your time? Bah, this wasn't part of your deal so fine.
  • You get 60, I get 40.
  •  
  • Task 7: Insert Stars into all the slots.
  •  
  • Sytenahsa Ayatan Sculpture has 25 Star slots total.
  •  
  • 10 Cyan Stars (Found in any mission at any level) (worth 50 endo each)
  • 5 Amber Stars (Found in any mission at any level) (worth 100 endo each)
  • 4 Amethyst Stars (Found in any Derelict mission) (worth 150 endo each)
  • 3 Sapphire Stars (Found in any Void or Derelict Mission) (worth 200 endo each)
  • 2 Ruby Stars (Found in Lua and Void Missions level 30+) (worth 250 endo each)
  • 1 Diamond Star (Found only in Lua missions level 30+) (worth 300 endo each)
  •  
  • Upon filling in all the slots, the sculpture opens, revealing a broken warframe.
  • Reward: Rogue Blueprint, Neuroptics Blueprint, Chassis Blueprint, Systems Blueprint.
  •  
  • Maroo: What the hek?
  • It was holding a dead Warframe?
  • Well, at least we can still make a fortune.
  •  
  • Sell Sculpture.
  • Maroo: Yeah! We'll be living like kings for years to come!
  • Reward: 6,000,000 credits, 60,000 endo.
  • You loose the unique sculpture though.
  •  
  • Keep Sculpture.
  • Maroo: What!? Hey, we had a deal!
  • If you aren't selling it, then you better cough up my end of the deal!
  • Debt: 4,000,000 Credits to Maroo
  • Maroo won't buy your Ayatan sculptures or help you find treasure unless you make a payment that day.
  • You can make a payment by talking to Maroo at the Bazar.
  • New options, (till debt is payed)
  • "Make Payment: 10,000 Credits"
  • "Make Payment: 100,000 Credits"
  • "Make Payment: 1,000,000 Credits"
  • She'll say, "You broke our deal. I won't work with you until you pay me my cut, or at least a payment."
  • when you choose her normal options.
  • Every 24 hours you go without making a payment, the Debt increases by 5%.

Rogue Part Requirements

• Rogue Blueprint,
  • Rogue Neuroptics x 1
  • Rogue Chassis x 1
  • Rogue Systems x 1
  • Diamond Star x 1
  •  
  • Rogue Neuroptics Blueprint,
  • Amethyst Star x 1
  • Nitain x 5
  • Neural Sensors x 10
  • Control Module x 100
  •  
  • Rogue Chassis Blueprint,
  • Ruby Star x 1
  • Tellurium x 5
  • Neurodes x 10
  • Polymer Bundle x 100
  •  
  • Rogue Systems Blueprint,
  • Sapphire Star x 1
  • Argon x 5
  • Orokin Cell x 10
  • Cryotic x 100
  •  
Edited by General_Durandal
Tweaking

Seems like an Ivara made to hack except without the damage. Word of note, Ivara's Prowl already increases damage and gives a headshot bonus.

Interesting concept, but I can't say it's a viable alternative. This is only due to lack of incentive to do stealth currently in the game. This concept also seems to be limited to being useful only in rescue and spy missions. This could possibly change with future updates.

Not trying to knock your efforts OP, just offering a honest critique.

6 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Seems like an Ivara made to hack except without the damage. Word of note, Ivara's Prowl already increases damage and gives a headshot bonus.

Interesting concept, but I can't say it's a viable alternative. This is only due to lack of incentive to do stealth currently in the game. This concept also seems to be limited to being useful only in rescue and spy missions. This could possibly change with future updates.

Not trying to knock your efforts OP, just offering a honest critique.

Really? Didn't know that she got a damage bonus.

I did know loki did though.

Well, warframes are tools, each has a purpose.

At least, that's what they were originally.

Loki was the stealth guy, rhino was the tank, excal was the jack of all traits leader,

mag was also a jack, but less effective in some places, but much more effective in others,

trin the healer, frost the defender, ember the glass cannon!

4 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Really? Didn't know that she got a damage bonus.

I did know loki did though.

No problem fellow Tenno.  Most don't use her as much in the role of attacker like I do(at least going by what most post in the forums.  :D) 

Back to your concept.  Is there any way that you can probably add more ideas that can increase her use/effectiveness in other mission types?  Maybe make the augments part of the default kit (possibly using mechanic  like how Vauban and Ivara do).  So far It sounds great for solo play. 

This is just me, but make her look damn good.  I'll play/buy any frame that looks good even if they don't play well.  Yes, I've been infected with the Fashion Frame bug.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  Thanks for reading.  :D 

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2016 at 3:46 PM, DatDarkOne said:

No problem fellow Tenno.  Most don't use her as much in the role of attacker like I do(at least going by what most post in the forums.  :D) 

Back to your concept.  Is there any way that you can probably add more ideas that can increase her use/effectiveness in other mission types?  Maybe make the augments part of the default kit (possibly using mechanic  like how Vauban and Ivara do).  So far It sounds great for solo play. 

This is just me, but make her look damn good.  I'll play/buy any frame that looks good even if they don't play well.  Yes, I've been infected with the Fashion Frame bug.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.  Thanks for reading.  :D 

Oh! Sorry for not replying sooner!

Well, her first power can be used to close/lock doors, which I figured would be good for most other missions,

because it would allow you to bottleneck enemies, or block off sections of the map entirely.

Her 4th, blackout, would also slowdown enemies in most maps, since they'd have to pry open each door on their way to their destination.

On sortie defence she'd be able to lock the hostage in a room, making him/her completely safe,

since the locked door would prevent enemies spawning on the other side, and prevent enemies from getting to him in the first place.

In Rescue missions she can just use her first to open the cell doors, as well as lock the doors behind her on the way to extraction.

In survival she'd be able to lock doors allowing you to control the amount of enemies that enter a room at one time.

In Interception she can use her first power to quickly take over a interception point.

I'm thinking her first should be her 2nd now, seeing how useful it could be.

As for her appearance, i'd think something simple, like a jumpsuit,

with some leather straps, and maybe a scarf/poncho like thing with maybe a hood.

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta agree with DatDarkOne, current gameplay (as far as my rusty out of date eyes can see) isn't really built for this, BUT STILL, more sneaky options is always nice.  Still I could see a combo of her #1 and #4 being fun to use in Defense if it makes the AI forget where their target is.

On 2/4/2017 at 8:33 PM, mrbalthazr said:

I gotta agree with DatDarkOne, current gameplay (as far as my rusty out of date eyes can see) isn't really built for this, BUT STILL, more sneaky options is always nice.  Still I could see a combo of her #1 and #4 being fun to use in Defense if it makes the AI forget where their target is.

I never though of that actually lol.

But enemies can pry open the doors as they go, it just takes them a bit.

Like, normally it would take just a second for the door to open,

but when there is no power they'd need to get one of the new engineer units to tamper with the door for a few seconds to open it.

Master thief passive replaced with, pickpocket.

False alarm has been replaced with lockpick, which can lock and unlock door, as well as unlock lockers.

Lockpick augment is Skeleton key, which allows you to use any dragon key to open a derelict vault.

Prowl has been replaced with sneak, it's augment allows you to see things through walls like you can with the scanner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Augment: Firewall, can now effect Interception consoles, but with a reduced duration.

Added to Blackout,

• Enemies can pry, or hack open doors, they stay open.
  • Enemies with flashlights and night vision are open to back attacks for the duration.
  • Enemies without flashlights and night vision are blind for the duration.

Raised, Augment: EMP's magnet damage to shields.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Base stats are dead via sneeze, but the abilities are clunky.  I mean pickpocket? Fine she's a thief but the bandit motto is you'll be easier to loot when you're dead.  Having extra loot drop upon kills would be more thematic.

her first two abilities feel exactly the same and are incredibly over powered.  Especially when ciphers and kubrows exist, as well as the master thief mod.

her third: God it is a useless stealth ability.  Who wants 100% invisibility when not moving?  And why would you want anything else?  I mean: Loki has a 100% ability at level 5, with a good duration and an augment to suppress weapons. (Which is funny in pvp with an opticor).  Ash had smoke bomb which has an aoe ally cloak augment.  With good costs and good duration.  Ivara has a good and cheap stealth with amazing duration.  Her ability is underwhelming and useless.  

Fourth: god damn it another trolling ability that will ruin fun for allies.

33 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

Base stats are dead via sneeze, but the abilities are clunky.  I mean pickpocket? Fine she's a thief but the bandit motto is you'll be easier to loot when you're dead.  Having extra loot drop upon kills would be more thematic.

her first two abilities feel exactly the same and are incredibly over powered.  Especially when ciphers and kubrows exist, as well as the master thief mod.

her third: God it is a useless stealth ability.  Who wants 100% invisibility when not moving?  And why would you want anything else?  I mean: Loki has a 100% ability at level 5, with a good duration and an augment to suppress weapons. (Which is funny in pvp with an opticor).  Ash had smoke bomb which has an aoe ally cloak augment.  With good costs and good duration.  Ivara has a good and cheap stealth with amazing duration.  Her ability is underwhelming and useless.  

Fourth: god damn it another trolling ability that will ruin fun for allies.

Thief = a person who steals another person's property, especially by stealth and without using force or violence.

Bandit = a robber or outlaw belonging to a gang and typically operating in an isolated or lawless area.

Edited by General_Durandal

1 minute ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

rogue: some one who doesn't follow the law for any purpose.  you wanna be accurate.  there.

rogue https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS718US718&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=rogue+meaning
The most used one for this kind of thing,
"a person whose behavior one disapproves of but who is nonetheless likable or attractive (often used as a playful term of reproof)."

The "Rogue"  is usually the charming thief, that steals both your money, and your heart. But not your life. They could though.

16 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

eh.  a rogue from my experience in practice isnt a vigilante, but someone of the same status that doesnt do good

I didn't say vigilante.
I said a thief that steals your money, and heart. Heart as in, your love, because they are charming.

Tall me of these murderous rogues you speak of?

1 minute ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

thief, assassin, bucaneer, bard... rogue.  i play dnd on the weekend.

It's not the class that determines the character's alignment, it's their alignment.
A chaotic evil character will always be chaotic evil. Same with A lawful good one.
Just because you play your Thief character in a role playing game as a bandit, doesn't mean all thieves are bandits.
and even less so, assassins.
I played an evil knight character before, oh no, now excalibur is evil.
I played an evil paladin also, oh no, does that meen oberon is evil too?