Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rogue, the Thief - Warframe Concept

General_Durandal

On 3/17/2018 at 8:04 PM, xV3NOMx said:

I like the Dungeons & Dragons character class references for a warframe.

[ After I built Harrow, it looked like a Wizard while having a staff weapon equipped. It would be fitting to have magic spell type abilities instead of the current ones for Harrow.]

Thanks, glad you like it, though Thief and Rogue where words before D&D.

Harrow is a Priest, though, his staff is very wizardy.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, (XB1)johnnyawesom06 said:

Ok does anyone know what rogue the bat is.....she a old Sonic caricature, shes a spy for robotnic in the older games, but in the remake she's more of just a bounty Hunter all together. just saying you even named it rogue...

rogue
rōɡ/
noun
noun: rogue; plural noun: rogues
  1. 1.
    a dishonest or unprincipled man.
    "you are a rogue and an embezzler"
    synonyms: scoundrel, villain, miscreant, reprobate, rascal, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well, wretch;More

• a person whose behavior one disapproves of but who is nonetheless likable or attractive (often used as a playful term of reproof).
      "Cenzo, you old rogue!"
      synonyms: rascal, imp, devil, monkey; More

2. 2.
    an elephant or other large wild animal driven away or living apart from the herd and having savage or destructive tendencies.
    "a rogue elephant"
    • a person or thing that behaves in an aberrant, faulty, or unpredictable way.
      "he hacked into data and ran rogue programs"
    • an inferior or defective specimen among many satisfactory ones, especially a seedling or plant deviating from the standard variety.
verb
verb: rogue; 3rd person present: rogues; past tense: rogued; past participle: rogued; gerund or present participle: roguing
  1. 1.
    remove inferior or defective plants or seedlings from (a crop).
Origin

10 hours ago, General_Durandal said:
rogue
rōɡ/
noun
noun: rogue; plural noun: rogues
  1. 1.
    a dishonest or unprincipled man.
    "you are a rogue and an embezzler"
    synonyms: scoundrel, villain, miscreant, reprobate, rascal, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well, wretch;More

• a person whose behavior one disapproves of but who is nonetheless likable or attractive (often used as a playful term of reproof).
      "Cenzo, you old rogue!"
      synonyms: rascal, imp, devil, monkey; More

2. 2.
    an elephant or other large wild animal driven away or living apart from the herd and having savage or destructive tendencies.
    "a rogue elephant"
    • a person or thing that behaves in an aberrant, faulty, or unpredictable way.
      "he hacked into data and ran rogue programs"
    • an inferior or defective specimen among many satisfactory ones, especially a seedling or plant deviating from the standard variety.
verb
verb: rogue; 3rd person present: rogues; past tense: rogued; past participle: rogued; gerund or present participle: roguing
  1. 1.
    remove inferior or defective plants or seedlings from (a crop).
Origin

Really‚ I sad that your character is a lot like a Sonic character! not the meaning of rogue as a whole!...altho I will give you credit for looking up the meaning as a whole good job! Just Google the Sonic character and know what I mean.....

P.s

I know I misspelled character in my first post. please forgive the little mistake, I spelt it as caricature. but I think you know what I meant. sorry,... look all I'm saying is that I really think you got the idea from the character, that's it!.....ok?!

36 minutes ago, (XB1)johnnyawesom06 said:

Really‚ I sad that your character is a lot like a Sonic character! not the meaning of rogue as a whole!...altho I will give you credit for looking up the meaning as a whole good job! Just Google the Sonic character and know what I mean.....

P.s

I know I misspelled character in my first post. please forgive the little mistake, I spelt it as caricature. but I think you know what I meant. sorry,... look all I'm saying is that I really think you got the idea from the character, that's it!.....ok?!

You are wrong.

On 2018-04-14 at 9:10 PM, General_Durandal said:

Thanks, glad you like it, though Thief and Rogue where words before D&D.

Harrow is a Priest, though, his staff is very wizardy.

And I understand that rogue is a word that's bin here for a very long time, and d&d has Sonic. BUT, the choices you Made for a her make a larger reference to the Sonic games....I know this I played over 20 of them as a kid!....

48 minutes ago, (XB1)johnnyawesom06 said:

And I understand that rogue is a word that's bin here for a very long time, and d&d has Sonic. BUT, the choices you Made for a her make a larger reference to the Sonic games....I know this I played over 20 of them as a kid!....

The only Sonic games I've played where 1, 2, 3, Sonic ad Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and Sonic Spin-Ball.

The only things I know about Rogue the bat are that her name is Rogue, she's a bat, and that she is overly sexy for a character in a kids show.

2 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

The only Sonic games I've played where 1, 2, 3, Sonic ad Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and Sonic Spin-Ball.

The only things I know about Rogue the bat are that her name is Rogue, she's a bat, and that she is overly sexy for a character in a kids show.

In some games.....yeah I think saga took a extra mile on her....so I can't really say no to that point....how ever, I'm not talking about the character model I'm talking about the character traits that make up that character!.....I think we've been arguing about this topic for whay to long it's been what two days!....I'll stop here and just say it's my opinion. if you disagree than that's your opinion. I don't wanna argue about this all weekend, ok??

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Endrian said:

Have you considered consolidating all your warframe concepts into a single thread?

3 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Yeah, would be nice if you didn't spam the whole board if you don't actually have anything to add to your threads.

As Endrian has said (albeit possibly in a nicer tone), one thread is fine, a whole spam-wall of them is incredibly annoying for everyone.

How would I do that so they wouldn't get archived after x days of nothing added?

Edited by General_Durandal

2 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

How would I do that so they wouldn't get archived after x days of nothing added?

Most forums I've been on frown upon evading the archives. It's called necroposting and it's bad manners.

You've had your time in the spotlight, got responses and exposure and now you're consistently pushing new, fresh threads down into obscurity before they got the chance to get noticed.

If you actually had any new content to bring, then it would be fine, but you are "bumping" for no reason. You have not provided new content, nor is anybody interested in replying to your old ideas (Seeing as you consistently got zero replies to your "bumps").

My response to you is: Actually provide a reason why those threads SHOULDN'T get archived. Because right now, I don't see any.

Edited by HugintheCrow

8 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Most forums I've been on frown upon evading the archives. It's called necroposting and it's bad manners.

You've had your time in the spotlight, got responses and exposure and now you're consistently pushing new, fresh threads down into obscurity before they got the chance to get noticed.

If you actually had any new content to bring, then it would be fine, but you are "bumping" for no reason. You have not provided new content, nor is anybody interested in replying to your old ideas (Seeing as you consistently got zero replies to your "bumps").

My response to you is: Actually provide a reason why those threads SHOULDN'T get archived. Because right now, I don't see any.

The reason is so I can continue to work on them if I have any new ideas for how their setup or powers could work.

Though, I guess I could make a new post every time I have a new build,
that way I can keep working on it, without worrying about archives, and pushing other stuff down.
Though that also seems kinda rude, but, pushing down newer ideas just to keep old ones open,
does sound like the most rude thing out of all things one could do in this situation.

Very well, instead of bumping the old ones so they don't get archived,
i'll just make new posts when I, or someone else has ideas as to how they should be reworked.