Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constructive Critisism and You

Clazzeh

3 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

I honestly don't mind that, at least they're posting (hopefully) good information.

What irritates me more is people posting misinformation, or posting opinions as if they are facts.

but then you read their topic " nerf this, nerf that", " this item is denying my fashionframe", "what color should i put on my panties " .  Im not even starting about feedback area, sometime you find nonsense posts and you want to hit your head on a table and break it.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

but then you read their topic " nerf this, nerf that", " this item is denying my fashionframe", "what color should i put on my panties " .  Im not even starting about feedback area, sometime you find nonsense posts and you want to hit your head on a table and break it.

Welcome to the internet...

8 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

Fashionframe is the true endgame though!

Reading comprehension and writing skills have been steadily declining for like 20+ years.  Why are its effect on forum conversations surprising to anyone?  We'll be living in Idiocracy before long.

1 hour ago, -Voltage- said:

EDIT: the comment below me @Serafim_94 just expressed the issue i described above PERFECTLY. Didn't read the post, and just read the last sentence to make a joke or something that is irrelevant.

What he said clearly isn't irrelevant if the OP has what he was referring to in his post. Why didn't you tell OP to remove that irrelevant unnecessary information if you don't want people responding to it?

2 hours ago, Clazzeh said:

Now the problem I have with this particular trend is a poster text walling their point of view on what they see as an issue in warframe, this is their choice and of course, it is entirely likely they have good points in there. Though it can be difficult to unravel the post to find the points they are trying to make when there is no structure to the post.

You mean like your wall of text ? I only made it this far btw.

7 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

You mean like your wall of text ? I only made it this far btw.

If you made it that far you clearly read the part about how this is for text walls that lack structure, such as paragraphing or basic punctuation.

Nice attempted troll tho!

avengers-2-loki.jpg

Edited by Clazzeh

3 minutes ago, Clazzeh said:

If you made it that far you clearly read the part about how this is for text walls that lack structure, such as paragraphing or basic punctuation.

Nice try to troll tho!

It might lack it later, but I will never find out !

Structured or not wall of text is still wall of text.

3 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

It might lack it later, but I will never find out !

Structured or not wall of text is still wall of text.

A wall of text, as I see it, is when someone throws everything all in one lump at you with a severe lack of structure, for example when someone posts about 20-30 sentences without a paragraph or any separation between the points they are making.

Edited by Clazzeh

The Ideas what you wrote are fine just a little addition to this. Warframe community is a big multinational and cultural forge and I am pretty sure the majority of these problems the litte knowledge or the missing knowledge.

For the use of paragraphs and write clearly you need to write on paper and learn some grammar rules. As foreigner and non english speaker the biggest problem sometimes not get what others want to write / say and a lot of peoples in the same boat.

Many mistakes happen just because of this and often the grammar rules the hardest part to solve well because many peoples learn just by hear others or learn from pc. To be perfect need some practices and persons from that country which language you wish to learn.

70 percent of misunderstandings are the not fluent grammatical rules and the missing writing skills which could help to communicate. Many peoples know their native grammatical rules, but others norlt really know the another.

Just some opinion and sry if looks hushed I wrote this on my mobile phone.

Edited by Sziklamester

2 hours ago, -Voltage- said:

The biggest problem is not the criticism, although sometimes it is rough to read, but the people that comment with a smart **s post so they can get some +rep.

This^ annoys me to no end.  All-too-often, the first couple of replies are just some stupid meme, gif, smarta*s remark, etc to get upvotes...and sadly, tons of people inevitability upvote it.  It adds nothing constructive to the post and only serves to derail it.

Unfortunately, it will keep happening as long as people are rewarded with upvotes and cool points.  It would be nice if mods start deleting those types of posts so that the topic could be discussed without the heckling.

1 hour ago, Tizodd said:

Unfortunately, it will keep happening as long as people are rewarded with upvotes and cool points.  It would be nice if mods start deleting those types of posts so that the topic could be discussed without the heckling.

Just get rid of the upvote system, I don't see that it serves any useful purpose.

4 hours ago, Tizodd said:

This^ annoys me to no end.  All-too-often, the first couple of replies are just some stupid meme, gif, smarta*s remark, etc to get upvotes...and sadly, tons of people inevitability upvote it.  It adds nothing constructive to the post and only serves to derail it.

How dare people try to be entertaining, and how dare other people derive enjoyment from them.  I'm willing to bet 99% of those "smarta*s" posts weren't preceded by "Oh boy this'll get me SO MANY UPVOTES ALL SHALL BOW BEFORE MY MIGHTY GREEN NUMBER" instead of "Oh hey this would be funny."

If you can't filter out the non-serious responses from the serious responses, or are letting upvotes color your reaction to a particular post, that's more a "you" problem than anything else.

49 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

...if you can't filter out the non-serious responses from the serious responses, or are letting upvotes color your reaction to a particular post, that's more a "you" problem than anything else.

I never said anything about the nonsense posts coloring my reaction to a particular post...I said they sometimes derail the discussion.  Smarta*s replies add nothing useful to the conversation.  It's just "oh look how cool and edgy I can be by copy-pasting this meme".