Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we please change how Frost and Nullies interact?

Gran_Maw_Sigmus

I figure people know what I'm talking about. One of the biggest problems with Nullifiers is that they instantly pop bubbles just by slightly grazing them with their bubbles. Why not have it so the nully field cancels out the bubble (Enemies under both are not slowed) but require that the nully field touch the very middle of the bubble to break it? A visual effect could be added at the spot to point out where it is so you can protect it.

Thoughts?

Narrow-minded...

Tiny tiny balls!

the issue is a coding one I think.

If nulls can be hit by frost orb you can use a max range build out range the nulls bubble and send them flying to a shattery death, which is OP ... so they fixed it to make corpus the hardest faction :)

Kinda funny with the changes to mag adding to the problem :)

I don't mind nullifiers affecting powers but the 'instant' nullification of defensive powers is annoying, especially on some maps where a nullifier can get you from underneath through the floor or through a wall without you seeing them. 

I'd settle for a % damage (scaling with enemy level) over time on things like frost globe, rhino iron skin etc so it's not wasted energy/time and ideally some sort of 'alarm' if frost globe is getting nuillified. 

Obviously the would keep the ability to stop activation of powers and damage inside their bubble from them. 

Having said that, nullifiers wouldn't be as annoying if it was the fact their globes also act like a frost globe and stop us from hitting them inside it..

Edited by LSG501

Honestly if DE is really stuck on keeping nullies around (despite their original design need is pretty much gone now) they should just change  the nullies effect to resist.

It's absurd that most of our power and survivability comes from our frames abilities and DE thinks it's perfectly acceptable to have a faction that completely destroys that.

I prefer the isolator version of the bubble, but it could be stronger done better. Those green null bubbles seem to sneak up on me.

If they're gonna use a bubble, I'd like it if it functioned in a way similar to sapper orbs. The object is fired, it has a short wind-up time which is your opportunity to get rid of it. If you miss your chance, a bubble is generated on that spot.

Edited by Caelward

13 hours ago, gluih said:

My opinion on nullifiers is that they should not remove the effect entirely and instead just suppress it. This would make nullifiers a lot less annoying to deal with overall, not only for frost.

This, this is what I've been wanting it to do for a while now.

So many removed buffs and wasted energy, oi!

Nullifiers cause cancer.  It's been proven by the state of California.  Content that contains nullifiers should not be consumed by anyone due to their imbalanced toxic content and tendency to leave a salty aftertaste in one's mouth.

Edited by Guest

On 12/9/2016 at 11:32 AM, Gran_Maw_Sigmus said:

I figure people know what I'm talking about. One of the biggest problems with Nullifiers is that they instantly pop bubbles just by slightly grazing them with their bubbles. Why not have it so the nully field cancels out the bubble (Enemies under both are not slowed) but require that the nully field touch the very middle of the bubble to break it? A visual effect could be added at the spot to point out where it is so you can protect it.

Thoughts?

I've yet to face this problem

On 12/9/2016 at 0:37 PM, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

Honestly if DE is really stuck on keeping nullies around (despite their original design need is pretty much gone now) they should just change  the nullies effect to resist.

It's absurd that most of our power and survivability comes from our frames abilities and DE thinks it's perfectly acceptable to have a faction that completely destroys that.

So cute you can't dodge bullets !

To me nullifying ALL abilities and ANY amount of damage(no matter was it 1000 or 10000 in one tick) is just bad design.

Combas/scrambuses should be gone too or change to drain abilities slowly(first 5 sec only warning sound and flashes and in next 10 power effect fades to 0(10% of effect per second) if still in contact) letting us dodge and keep power running. Also combas/scrambuses have OP weapons that can one-shot you from 100m away even with full iron skin or full Inaros health up(at levels past 50-70). And adding to that their weapons fire a swarm of aiming projectiles you simply can't dodge as they follow you like annoyed wasps.

2 hours ago, AhziDahaka said:

If nullifier bubbles are getting close enough to touch the snowglobe, then what the heck are you and your team even doing?

vvv what they said.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

This comment makes me question whether you have ever played high level corpus missions

Their spawn rate in Corpus missions is downright ridiculous. 4-6 can spawn in under 10 seconds. 

Also Nullifiers in endless fissure defense can spawn pretty much on top of the cryopod. It's sometimes a matter of RNG if you fail the mission or not.