Jump to content

Don't sugarcoat the relic system.


TeaBegging
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just as the title says, this system is far worse then old void keys.

I have to farm the star chart, with my highly formad bazooka frames, and go trough tedious waves of enemies just with the slight chance of getting the relic I want. Out of the 20 Relics that are in the same table. 
Not only that you might as well end up with useless drops such as 15 endo or an random mod. 
How is this system any better then the void system? Atleast I could get my keys on demand and do the mission type on demand.

Now I have to do a low level farming chore, in the hopes of getting something I actually search for. And once I get the relic I need go trough another set of RNG, and to actually get some use out if it I need to sacrifice other relics to go trough another set of RNG traces. 
Way to decrease the grind! NOT

I think I finally understand Vaas now from Farcry

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, its not worse... yet. But its getting close. In the old system if there was an item at 5% from rotation C in a survival, thats it, you're done. That's gonna be a brutal, painful farming process. Now, at least, we dont have to do slow survivals to get the relics. Hieracon is still a fast key per minute, and now some of the defense nodes are pretty good(and fast) for getting those relics. This also means more than one tileset to play. (I still cant play void survivals due to the painful process i went through farming volt prime systems, a looong time ago)

So we have a 7% chance to get the axi relic, and if we radshare it we have a 35% chance to get the item? Okay thats slightly lower than the 5% in the old system, but at least we are not stuck due to those 20 minute waits for rotation C. But... Like i said earlier, its getting close to the old system. Farming void traces, farming relics, and then running radshares felt more time consuming this PA than the last, and I expect for this trend to continue, in which case; this system may become equivalent or worse in terms of time than the previous system.

Edited by Skaleek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess...it just feels bad. Because now you need to farm 2 things (relics and then primes) instead of just 1 (primes). In apm meaning it became worse, indeed. About drop itself...random is random :D I spent over 30 radiant relics on Vauban prime chassis (im serious), however i finished my whole Valkyr like in 1 day.

Edited by WhyNotBro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't sugarcoat the void key system. It was still a roll of the dice as to whether or not you got the key you wanted from a given rotation on a given mission - 'keys on demand' is straight up fantasy.

 All the missions for prime parts were run on the same soulcrushing tileset. Waiting 20 minutes, only for the game to crap on you... yet again.

The old void key system was killing. the. game. Week after week, I watched friends just... not show up, because the prime part treadmill was poisoning the entire game for them. Since SotR, I've seen them come back, and enjoy the variety of missions being run.

Was it an unpleasant change for people used to sitting back and doing nothing but slowly metering out the enormous stockpile of ancient void keys they had? Sure. People willing to run hours and hours of T3 Survival for that one part they were after, though, aren't the target market. Balance has returned, and everyone is now motivated to get out there and play across the star chart.

The real kicker: with the new system I get more parts, faster, for less work and less stress.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess the there are two main problems in the system:

 

1) You have RNG to get the relics, RNG to get traces and then RNG to get the part you want.

2) Lots of players have the sensation that the drop rates seem much lower than expected. I did 11 radiant only runs for the Cernos Prime Lower Limb and didnt get it. If you think about the chance of this happening is extremely low! On my 11th run, I met a guy who was on his 13th run...

I think that the the ideal scenario would be to have the old and new system together somehow, having the best of the two worlds together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I guess the there are two main problems in the system:

 

1) You have RNG to get the relics, RNG to get traces and then RNG to get the part you want.

2) Lots of players have the sensation that the drop rates seem much lower than expected. I did 11 radiant only runs for the Cernos Prime Lower Limb and didnt get it. If you think about the chance of this happening is extremely low! On my 11th run, I met a guy who was on his 13th run...

I think that the the ideal scenario would be to have the old and new system together somehow, having the best of the two worlds together.

Compared to my 47 T3 Survival rotation c for an ash chassis, Or the 30 T3 MD for trinity when she came out (All keys which i had to farm for aswell), yea the new system is much better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WhyNotBro said:

I guess...it just feels bad. Because now you need to farm 2 things (relics and then primes) instead of just 1 (primes). In apm meaning it became worse, indeed. About drop itself...random is random :D I spent over 30 radiant relics on Vauban prime chassis (im serious), however i finished my whole Valkyr like in 1 day.

And here we have the difference. Beforehand you had:

+ Stockpiles of keys

- Rewards changed

+ You kept the huge amount of keys

- Cells, Cores, Forma BPs

Now:

- Cant Stockpiles of Relics

+ Rewards dont change

- You have to farm new Relics

+ No Cores, Cells... Forma is still there thought

The negative just changed places

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with the sheer RNG of getting the relic you want, but I do like the focused relic craking to get the item you want. The fix? Be more selective with where you can farm the relics i.e. In Io you can only get 3 types of relics, in Hyrecon you can only get 3 different types of relics...and so on. As is the pool of relics is way too large compare to anything we used to see before relics and I'm not even counting un-vaulted relics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Far worst... I wouldn't agree. Worst, I think is arguable. In the end, anecdotally at least, I would say each system had it's pro's and cons without being better or worst over all, and trying to say one is better than the other is grasping at straws. That said, the new system, without necessarily hand the players anything on a silver plater, could still be improved upon, and the fact that is has only been touched a little since it's addition as well as the fact that it did nothing about the vaulting which (I believe) was a temporary arrangement until better void systems were put into the game, are things I would criticize. All in all though, it works, and if you play your cards right you can get a whole lot more out of it, even if sometimes it screws you over much more that the old system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

lets all be honest the Only reason why  Old Void sucked was because of DCs   it was great until bam  your 1 hour+ grind  ended in a crash  and you lost everything , there were even specific missions  y ou could farm for specific t3 and t4 keys  so even obtaining those werent a problem

 

the new relic system sucks

Rng Relic farm+ RNG Trace farm+ Rng RNG rewards

I even bought 600k standing's worth of relics and guess what only got 5 of the new  prime access relics  3 of them repeat

Edited by Retepzednem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

And here we have the difference. Beforehand you had:

+ Stockpiles of keys

- Rewards changed

+ You kept the huge amount of keys

- Cells, Cores, Forma BPs

Now:

- Cant Stockpiles of Relics

+ Rewards dont change

- You have to farm new Relics

+ No Cores, Cells... Forma is still there thought

The negative just changed places

Well yeah. However...what would i do with all my old relics? :D They are just a dead weight in my inventory. I would like the idea to convert them into new ones. Somehow :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

Don't sugarcoat your nostalgia.

I think their points are actually valid , the new relic system  is only good for  quickly getting something specific after youo do all of the grinding beforehand

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Compared to my 47 T3 Survival rotation c for an ash chassis, Or the 30 T3 MD for trinity when she came out (All keys which i had to farm for aswell), yea the new system is much better.

I know that it feels better for some people, that´s why I think that having the best of the two worlds would be nice. Apart from the Cernos, the hole thing was easy for me as well because I had more than a million synd points in medallions...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WhyNotBro said:

Well yeah. However...what would i do with all my old relics? :D They are just a dead weight in my inventory. I would like the idea to convert them into new ones. Somehow :D

I wouldn't really call them "dead weight" since you can still use them to get ducats/plat/forma/void traces, but I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of relic fusion systems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Retepzednem said:

I think their points are actually valid , the new relic system  is only good for  quickly getting something specific after youo do all of the grinding beforehand

My personal experience and my friends' stories completely differ from that. Me and my friend spent 4 hours farming Saryn Prime Chassis in T3Survival, he spent ~12 more after that (I just bought it) before he finally got it. I farmed the entire Nekros Prime access in two-three hours. Without using the Syndicate method.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WhyNotBro said:

Well yeah. However...what would i do with all my old relics? :D They are just a dead weight in my inventory. I would like the idea to convert them into new ones. Somehow :D

Having the Old Relics mean that you can still get the Prime parts within them when the item is Vaulted, its actually more forgiving than with the keys, since with the un-vaulting limit we can just grab the Relics and then do them at a moderate pace even after the Vault closes because the items will still be there.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...