Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Should Be Able to Cast Abilities In The Air

TennoPain

Why are we not able to cast ability while in the air.

If it was possible it would make us FEEL MORE LIKE NINJA and game would have ''better flow'' IMO.

Do you agree TENNO ?

^ as far as i know it would not make anybody more OP .

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

There are a lot of abilities you can cast in the air. For example, Saryn's Molt, which is quite handy for Defense missions.

Also, to answer your previous title, no. We're not ninjas. I don't think we ever were, that was just a marketing phrase by DE.

Edit: DE will make whatever powers they want work however they want. If they decide it shouldn't be castable in the air, that's their choice.

Edited by Gran_Maw_Sigmus

1 minute ago, Gran_Maw_Sigmus said:

There are a lot of abilities you can cast in the air. For example, Saryn's Molt, which is quite handy for Defense missions.

Also, to answer your previous title, no. We're not ninjas. I don't think we ever were, that was just a marketing phrase by DE.

Edit: DE will make whatever powers they want work however they want. If they decide it shouldn't be castable in the air, that's their choice.

Except that's silly, and no reason not to give feedback on it.

DE chose to make vacuum unique to a single sentinel, then they changed it. DE chose to make certain abilities ground-only, then changed them to be castable in air. Just because they do something doesn't mean it can't be changed.

A lot of abilities have no business being ground-locked. It's a relic from the old days of Warframe and has no place in the current game, because it's clunky and it's pointless and has no bearing on balance.

Atlas would beg to differ. 2/4 animations involve him pounding the ground. Do you think he should be able to cast those up there?

Morale here - some animations/abilities should not have an aerial animation. while some could be added, not all should get that treatment

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

15 minutes ago, Gran_Maw_Sigmus said:

You could say the exact same about any suggestion or feedback ever. Never change anything because devs can do what they want!

22 minutes ago, Gran_Maw_Sigmus said:

Yes, there is usually a technical or athletical reason if one isnt castable in air.

6 minutes ago, Endorphinz said:

It is funny that you can cast Mesa's Peacemaker in the air, which results in her becoming a mobile, flying turret for a brief moment after a good jump.

I just wish they didn't remove the ability to aim glide while using it. Now she drops like a stone after casting it. :/

The one ability I have issue with, and so do quite a few others, is Volt's 4th ability.  He quite literally levitates when he casts it, and it was castable in the air before his rework.  Now it is not and there is little basis for why.

54 minutes ago, TennoPain said:

Why are we not able to cast ability while in the air.

If it was possible it would make us FEEL MORE LIKE NINJA and game would have ''better flow'' IMO.

Do you agree TENNO ?

^ as far as i know it would not make anybody more OP .

Speaking exactly to the ninnja-ness or lack thereof... DE made it so Ash received the aerial casting treatment just recently.

I agree at some point but there are a lot of ambigous choices about which ability can be cast in air and which not :
-All Trinity abilities can't be cast in air exept blessing but on the animation, she tap the ground with her hand.
-Volt ult cant be cast in mid air.
-Valkyr's paralisy can be cast in air but like Trinity's bless, she clearly tap the ground on the animation.

And there are so muche more example...

• 2 weeks later...

I actually would suggest to take different approach for some abilities that are strickly ground casted. Ability casted on ground does one thing, while same ability casted in air (atleast 2 meters above ground) does completely different thing.

Let's say trinity 1, on ground it locks target in place lets others leech life. What if casted in air (You still have to target enemy and press 1) would stun target and would let leech energy instead of health. (instead of green effect - blue)

Same could apply to nidus 1, while in air it would do ground slam with base radius of 3-4 meters (affected by power range).

Rhino stomp casted in air would ground pound dealing double ability damage but with double less range and duration.

List can go on all you need is ideas & willingness from dev's to actually change something.

Now i am not saying all abilities should receive such treatment, maybe few less used or very clunky ones. In my eyes it could be great opportunity to bring some life into old abilities and divesify their usage, change playstyle and clunky execution of ability.