Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle Prisma/Vandal suggestion.

Finedaible

The Flux Rifle is hardly ever used since it's demise after damage 2.0 and I know a lot of players would be glad to see it get a competitive buff to compete with other continuous weapons. Everyone loves cutting things up with lasers after all and the standard Flux just can't do that in higher levels. Any other high-lvl-viable continuous weapons are elemental so it'd be nice to have a physical dmg alternative. Instead of a buff to the standard Flux Rifle though, I'd like to submit for the Dev team's consideration a Prisma or Vandal variant of the weapon with increased stats such as the following:

Impact: 2.1

Puncture: 2.1

Slash: 23.8

Accuracy: 100

Fire Rate: 10/s

Crit Chance: 16%

Crit multiplier: 2.0

Status/sec: 20% (down from standard's 25%)

Mag size: 200

Max ammo: 600

Reload: 2.0s

Range: 25m

Using the "Blank Rifle" building template of the warframe-builder and the staple mods for rifles, this puts the Burst dps at approximately 16k and Sustain dps at approximately 14k. Definitely not high tier dps (20k+), but it's at best mid-tier according to the builder. I feel like it would be balanced considering it's got only 25m range and most shotguns can kill farther than that.

Sfct96j.png

I second this. It's been a really long time since we saw a new Prisma weapon. Not so much with the Wraith/Vandal side of things though. We get those types of weapons regularly enough. But yeah, it would be nice to have a new Prisma weapon. I would probably pick something other than Flux Rifle but you make a really compelling point about how all the top continuous beam weapons are element based and not physical, at least I think.

I've personally never understood why someone would request a Prisma/Vandal variant as opposed to just asking for a buff to the vanilla version.

You've stated that you feel it's under-performing, so why would you want to leave it in that state and introduce a rare, time-limited version that makes it worthwhile?

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Problem with Flux Rifle is that its a Status weapon instead of a Critical one like the good Continuous weapons (Synapse/Amprex) are.

The damage of the weapon is also way too low to be worth using.

Hence the buff proposal.

4 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

I've personally never understood why someone would request a Prisma/Vandal variant as opposed to just asking for a buff to the vanilla version.

You've stated that you feel it's under-performing, so why would you want to leave it in that state and introduce a rare, time-limited version that makes it worthwhile?

Consider the alternative, buffing a weapon wielded by enemies like they did with Supra. Techs now have highest enemy DPS in game (as far as I know) after they buffed Supra. Elite Crewmen (Flux Rifle crewmen) used to be annoyingly powerful before devs finally made tweaks after complaints.

Edited by Finedaible
removed ambiguity

8 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Problem with Flux Rifle is that its a Status weapon instead of a Critical one like the good Continuous weapons (Synapse/Amprex) are.

The damage of the weapon is also way too low to be worth using.

25% status/s isnt a status wp, boltor prime have like 100% status/s (10% status * 10 fire rate) and it isnt a status wp. Problem here is DE logic, they are only looking for U$, there isnt balance in this game. This wp have a lot of problems starting with crappy status and slash procs for that base damage. Range limited. No innate punch trough. But hey, u can tigris something 100m away and kill it with ur 50k shot, or tonkor a full room lvl 100. And bows? humans fire rate: 1-2 per second, warframe war robots: 0.5 per second. Really. I'm getting bored of those balance problems without solution.

On 09/12/2016 at 6:59 PM, Finedaible said:

Hence the buff proposal.

Consider the alternative, buffing a weapon wielded by enemies like they did with Supra. Techs now have highest enemy DPS in game (as far as I know) after they buffed Supra. Elite Crewmen (Flux Rifle crewmen) used to be annoyingly powerful before devs finally made tweaks after complaints.

There's a way around that, give enemies npc variants of weapons like DE did with bombards, that way any changes to our weapons won't effect npc weapons.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

There's a way around that, give enemies npc variants of weapons like DE did with bombards, that way any changes to our weapons won't effect npc weapons.

I don't recall them doing that with Bombards but if they did then sure, I'd be okay with that.