Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[FIXED] Sortie - Kuva Fortress Defense

Mattoropael

Today's Sortie 2 is Eximus Stronghold Defese on Kuva Fortoress, and boy, it is completely broken.

The various traps in the normal non-sortie Kuva Fortress Defense are still active, and the hostage, being our usual hostage, would walk straight into them. My squad had seen him walk straight into the poison gas chambers, and had I not been lazy enough to bring an Arcane Grace-equipped Inaros to revive him like 10 times (plus another 10 for my not-so-lucky teammates) before he decided to leave that area, we would have lost, not because we sucked as a team but because the hostage committed suicide.

This is a completely unacceptable situation, and I propose one or more of the following changes:

• Disable Kuva Fortress Defense traps during sorties
  • Revert to the standard defense objective (i.e. the Kuva machine) instead of the sortie-exclusive hostage
  • Fix Hostage pathing so that he can't move into any of the possible trap zones (... good luck with that)
  • Remove Kuva Fortress Defense from the sortie mission RNG pool

A sortie being challenging is one thing, but the sortie objective actively trying to fail itself is another.

UPDATE: Time for a victory dance!

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.6.0

Fixes:

• Fixed Sortie Defense targets dying to Grineer Fortress traps.

Edited by Mattoropael
Issue fixed with latest update

6 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

How do you even start the defence? I tried to twice and waves just do not come. Operative just wanders around.

I believe there's a button in the middle of the map that you have to press to start the defense.

But yeah, the only reason my team managed to survive is cause we had a limbo.

I think it's a comination of several things. It is too much for a sortie. You're forced to manipulate the operative or take a high vitality or tank frame and spam health restores. It doesn't help that today's sortie was eximus so you're prone to random knockdowns and energy loss.

The tile itself has its own issues. The lines of sight are very short, and some of the traps like the flamethrowers have no visual indication they're a trap, they're just a torch moving back and forth. I'd be curious to know what percantage of players play this tile more then once for the mastery points.

Anyway, defense sortie here is too much. Most importantly, this isn't fun. It's babysitting while possible taking DOT damage from traps.

I have tried 2 times.. 1 stime Hostage got wiped in 10s and everybody else as well before being able to pick him up from the GAS chamber.. in second try, being more Durable, we managed to keep him alive for 2 more wave while constantly ressing him while standing inside gas chamber.. then we all could not keep up and lost cause of this.. Ive spent few bucks on this game, but please forward my message to your QA dept :" not a 1€ more, no" 

I actually encountered some bugs on this mission. I was running night Equinox, and about halfway through the mission, I was no longer able to heal with Mend, and Pacify's slowdown via the augment wasn't doing anything either. On top of that, I wasn't able to launch my Zenistar's disc (it would perform the animation and the UI timer would appear, but the disc itself and the wave it creates were nowhere to be seen).

All of that, plus the "fun" that others have already mentioned, made it pretty frustrating.

I'd rather be able to finally tell the hostage to hold position. Him wandering around never made sense to me, who lets a hostage run around in a live fire situation?

We succeeded but he also suicided himself a couple of times in our run.

This definitely needs some rethinking, either that the operative has limited movement over the map area, because hey, that gas in the halls and the operative decides to camp there multiple missions in a row making people rage quit. Even with trinity bless / ev spamming we failed multiple times due to the operative wanting to take a cyanide shower.

4 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Limbo doesn't protect from environmental damage.

Are you sure? We had Limbo and our operative was never down. Not sure if it was because of him, but something tells me you are wrong here. Or we were insanely lucky.

12 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Are you sure? We had Limbo and our operative was never down. Not sure if it was because of him, but something tells me you are wrong here. Or we were insanely lucky.

you're just lucky.

I did the sortie again with a friend and the operative never went inside the toxic cloud.

While the first time I did it it spent the whole time dying in the cloud..

(and my friend got 3 nitain after having such a hard time on that stupid mission because of the masochist operative)

18 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Also played with Limbo and the operator did not get any environmental damage what so ever.

10 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

you're just lucky.

I did the sortie again with a friend and the operative never went inside the toxic cloud.

While the first time I did it it spent the whole time dying in the cloud..

(and my friend got 3 nitain after having such a hard time on that stupid mission because of the masochist operative)

Maybe the toxic clouds are currently bugged? I'm pretty sure there have been issues in the past with limbo and allies unintentionally taking environmental damage while in the rift. But when I did the sortie mission, our operative and the Limbo on our team were staying alive a lot more than the rest of us. Maybe they would have taken damage from the toxic clouds, but the other traps didn't seem to be doing anything to them.