Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Todays Sortie Defense

Impulse_Nine

In the final waves of the Kuva fortress defense, the hostage wandered out into the halls which became constantly gassed. This required me to:

- Stay alive through ever stacking toxin procs

- Constantly resurrect the hostage

- Actually kill the Grineer, many of whom are parasites and arctic eximi

I just want to say- I loved it! I don't think I've played my Inaros so hard ever! I am at the end game, and THIS is the kind of challenge I have been waiting for! You're treating me mean, and its keeping me keen <3

Just keep him banished with Limbo and kill enemies with something powerful. My Vaykor Hek killed almost anyone with 1-3 hits roughly in head. Probably spore Saryn helped with her viral proc too. EV trin gave us energy, MR7 Excal was a gimp did what he could to help us.

Edited by Suncake

Just now, Suncake said:

Just keep him banished with Limbo and kill enemies with something powerful. My Vaykor Hek killed almost anyone with 1-3 hits roughly in head. Probably spore Saryn helped with her viral proc too

Banished secret agent still take damage from the poison cloud.

Just now, Trichouette said:

On the map there are flamethrowers / sentry / eletric traps etc etc.. AND toxin dispenser in the halls

Ah, I've seen the traps, but can't say if I have seen the toxin clouds. That objective dude occasionally wandered down in narrow corridors and stayed there for the most of the mission, and he was getting rekt only when I didn't keep him Banished properly.

Just now, Suncake said:

Ah, I've seen the traps, but can't say if I have seen the toxin clouds. That objective dude occasionally wandered down in narrow corridors and stayed there for the most of the mission, and he was getting rekt only when I didn't keep him Banished properly.

Well you got lucky, if he goes in one of these poison cloud it's over unless you have trinity or some immortal frame because he'll die again and again

Note: I expect players to atleast know what they are up against, so please don't act as hazards on the defense was something you never saw before. If you are like those players who only try to defeat bosses when they appear as a sortie mission, then please, step asside and go practice 1st, you are not ready for the sortie mission yet.

You only go for the mission because you want to, player choice, planing and preparation plays a role in success, in short, it might be better to prepare 1st or not to enter at all, this is the advice of a true veteran, do what you want at your own risk.

The mission, asside from a black image on the tileset, was identified correctly, DE has no blame in incompetence that comes from the player.

On the top of my head:

• Limbo with banish
  • Revive operative with a more tanky warframe (or incincible even) and kill enemies while you are not reviving, do not worry, enemies will come to you most of the time, even in tight places, reviving 10 times per round isn't an issue.
  • Specters will revive operatives (warframe specters) if they are close by.
  • New loka ancient eximus will make everyone more tanky if they are close by
  • nezha augment to protect operative?

3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

The mission, asside from a black image on the tileset, was identified correctly, DE has no blame in incompetence that comes from the player.

Because a unit that want to kill itself isn't a dev problem... yeah sure.

I'm ok with the agent going randomly on the map, i'm not ok with the agent rushing into poison cloud or flamethrower towers

Edited by Trichouette

Enviromental hazards like those have to affect you and I find it an interesting and challenging mechanic. What I hate is the fact that the "operator" that you have to protect walks into the gas cloud like if he was oblivious of his sorroundings; I get that you have to protect it but he should have a certain level of AI that avoids deathly machines and whatnot.

Edited by Apps1995

Now we had a "successful" run but the mission got stuck with 2 waves left. There was no enemy and nobody took damage from anything but the flamethrowers. Then the host changed, enemies started spawning and the hostage disappeared completely, resulting in an instant failure.

Seriously what the f u c k? 

11528A0E08B2433FC86EC818914D65A67EFB57F6

i saw some way and i try  to finish this mission

http://imgur.com/1ki9Ogb

this picture is mine 

u can use the LOKI to change Mechanic's position 

he will stay in this room , if he wanna go out the room just change :crylaugh:

and u only need to kill the enemy by the position 

just keep Mechanic stay in the room and keep alive :)

( btw sorry my english is bad but i wanna help)

2 hours ago, Siideriu said:

Now we had a "successful" run but the mission got stuck with 2 waves left. There was no enemy and nobody took damage from anything but the flamethrowers. Then the host changed, enemies started spawning and the hostage disappeared completely, resulting in an instant failure.

Seriously what the f u c k? 

11528A0E08B2433FC86EC818914D65A67EFB57F6

Count yourself lucky we completed the mission kept hostage in limbo managed ti play all rounds said complete  went to do sortie 3 and its says we didnt even complete 2 WTF

>run a loki to switch teleport operative out of the gas traps after reading all of this in the hopes that the rest of the party can compensate for everything else as long as I keep him corralled 

>operative makes it his sole purpose to the exclusion of all others to run straight back in, but only after 50 Leech eximii have arrived to prevent me from switch teleporting him again.

remind me why we're defending a mentally handicapped person wandering "aimlessly" (directly towards danger) about a room filled with enemies and environmental hazards?

I like the idea of having to defend a different type of target than the easy to cater for ice cube that loves getting snowglobed, but I don't appreciate when that target is more deadset on making you fail the mission than the enemies shooting at you are

You can tell your assistants on syndicate missions to stand still, despite being designed to be killed, and yet if you want to keep the operative in a single locked position you have to dedicate 1/4 of your team to repeatedly yanking him back by his chain until he finally gives up and sits down EVERY. SINGLE. ROUND.

not to meantion banished enemies should not be taking environmental damage. that makes no sense. That sounds like a bug.

I must say, the defense mission was good, in the sense that the squad that I played with, we failed the first try.

The second time it was much better. The squad was made out of Valkyr Prime, Nyx Prime, Trinity Prime and Limbo.

It ensured that everyone played together like a team should.

The tip here is to NOT GIVE THE Operative a weapon. If the operative doesn't wander around, he/she wont go into the gas chambers.

Also dont go into the gas chambers, you see gas or fire, dont go near it. The electrical beams/hazards at the middle of the room doest affect the operative or specters (or so it seems).

I passed this level easily wtih a pickup team of Inaros, 2x Nova, and a Saryn. Drop an Ancent healer specter and use Vazaran to heal operative. The eximi didn't stand a chance against us after they had been slowed down to a crawl

have to agree with the critics, the kuva fortress mission was a pain. it's not the eximus stronghold or the environmental hazzards that made it tough though, rather the operativ's suicidal AI and the uter uselesness of minimap on that tile. the level designers made too good a job adding verticality, the whole kuva fortress tileset is a masterpiece, but it's perfection renders the minimap completely useless making the rooms hard to navigate. so when the operative wanders off as if to pick daisies on a sunny day AND you cant find your way around the map, fighting off waves of exima while simultaniously being gased/ scorched/ shot to pieces by the walls themselves goes from challenging to hard

Actually the Def mission was garbage.

NOT because of difficulty.

Because of stupid. Because of game bugs. And because of game mechanic failure.

Limbo will protect from the enemies ONLY. Gas Turrets, Tesla Turrets and the Flamers ALL will kill you and the hostage through rift plane. (Mechanic failure)

The Hostage is a moron, he will gleefully seek out the kill zones of FIRE! TOXIC! and ELECTRICITY! declare them his favorite spot in the universe and stay there. THEN when the next wave starts he will move if the spot he is in if no longer getting nuked and move to where it IS! (Stupid)

And the real fun bit? the Gas and fire are invisible to clients! (Bug)

I have no problem with HARD.

I have problems with game bugs, stupid AI (on a severe level) and mechanic failures.