Why is Equinox so underrated?

Ernestasx

Seriously, why? It's hard to get, too. And quite expensive since it requires almost 2x as much effort and luck to get both forms' blueprints.

I have heard it's because of powercreep, that Trinity is so much better than Equinox and Oberon. Don't you think both of these frames need buffs?

Quite simple, actually.

Typically speaking, people prefer one-button, cookie cutter builds because its just flat out simpler, and Equinox is the anti-thesis of simple.

That said, there are points to be made against Equinox's skill set, namely the semi-low synergy without a second Equinox in your group, switch time between forms is a bit obnoxious especially in higher levels, and the fact that switching forms requires you to give up /all/ of your damage or /all/ of your healing/support skills.

1 minute ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

I think you meant to say overrated? I can't tell; you switch between sentences. 

She's ok, but people prefer specialized roles, rather than jack-of-all-trades types.

Oberon is also a jack of all trades. Also, can you tell me why Zephyr is deemed as the least used warframe when it is so fun! :D

Just now, Synville said:

Quite simple, actually.

Typically speaking, people prefer one-button, cookie cutter builds because its just flat out simpler, and Equinox is the anti-thesis of simple.

That said, there are points to be made against Equinox's skill set, namely the semi-low synergy without a second Equinox in your group, switch time between forms is a bit obnoxious especially in higher levels, and the fact that switching forms requires you to give up /all/ of your damage or /all/ of your healing/support skills.

And what if they reduced the time to switch by a landslide so it would be fluent and you could be useful on both accounts? Also, is it still too slow with even a maxed Natural Talent? I want to farm it and craft it, try it, see for myself. But so many people say not to waste my time with Chroma and out little Equinox.

equinox isn't under or overrated, it's probably under used by a lot of people purely because of how complicated it is to use compared to every other frame out there.  Also as said it's also basically running two frames at once because there's no synergy between it's forms and you really end up just building around one side of her... which ultimately means you're better off taking another frame in a lot of cases.. 

3 minutes ago, Ernestasx said:

And what if they reduced the time to switch by a landslide so it would be fluent and you could be useful on both accounts? Also, is it still too slow with even a maxed Natural Talent? I want to farm it and craft it, try it, see for myself. But so many people say not to waste my time with Chroma and out little Equinox.

I believe they did make Natural Talent affect Metamorphosis in one of the recent hotfixes, so yes, that would solve some of the issues, at the cost of range or duration or strength or efficiency.

3 minutes ago, Ernestasx said:

Also, can you tell me why Zephyr is deemed as the least used warframe when it is so fun!

I agree, Zephyr is just plain awesome to play with... As for why she's the least-used... most don't appreciate the potential for devastating air support, imo.

Tornado is great for keeping the enemy busy, a well-played Heavy Impact and/or Vortex boosted Dive Bomb can scatter the masses readily, and with Kulstar or any other launcher, she's the very definition of "Death from above!"

she takes tactics to play is my guess, many frames are straightforward Equ is not

my personal build utilizes her to amp either forms potential to be more generally useful to me

but some like day , some like night  [maim / spider builds]

i like using both in tangent , but as it stands she is a DOT frame in design or a CC support 

my build summed up 

Wither:

Spoiler

efficiency/damage/range 

Day:

• 4 maim is powerful but deals more damage the more kills you gather while its up to then unleash a nuke, so casting with a amp up to further its potential
  • 3 can amp power % strength [with augment i get this to about 65.1%]
  • 2 amps vulnerability cast and spread it rapidly

Night:

• 4 mend is majorly for healing the realign factor scales per counter but it dosnt provide buffs so its kinda pointless in some regards to forver scale but have a cap at provided support normally I just keep up for times of quick healing 
  • 3 with augment get to use it for 80% slow [but must take damage to get it amped up]
  • 2 puts to sleep a AOE and provides finishers 

using a melee with max P reach to bypass finisher animation and just deal flat damage 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

2 hours ago, Ernestasx said:

Oberon is also a jack of all trades. Also, can you tell me why Zephyr is deemed as the least used warframe when it is so fun! :D

People that play the "Useless Frame" card are typically people that are only concerned with what someone else's frame can do for them, not whether a frame is fun to play or can survive on it's own.

Edited by Ceryk

2 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I agree, Zephyr is just plain awesome to play with... As for why she's the least-used... most don't appreciate the potential for devastating air support, imo.

Tornado is great for keeping the enemy busy, a well-played Heavy Impact and/or Vortex boosted Dive Bomb can scatter the masses readily, and with Kulstar or any other launcher, she's the very definition of "Death from above!"

Zephyr's underuse stems from lack of engagement in her skill set, something AGGP covered not too long ago in a video (shameless plug cough cough)

While her kit is definitely fun to use, other people tend to get very annoyed with Tornado, common opinions say that the Dash-thingy and Divebomb should just be one skill (much like how slam attacks work) which generally just leaves Zephyr with her third abilty.

I happen to agree with all of these points and would genuinly hope for a rework... but a girl can dream.

I guess people find him boring to play. His ultimate is awesome and very useful but the rest of his kit... I don't know, i just don't find it particularly interesting. Changing forms is a cool idea, but buffs are small and the way they wear off forces you to change forms often. Other 2 skills...

The aura buff thing is kinda weak, and not stat wise - your pub teammates will most likely rush forward like insane, breaking the range and so your buffing will be for no one but yourself.

The offensive debuff thing that he has... Opening enemies to finishers is cool but gets boring quickly while the other one... I don't even remember what it is. Increases damage taken but also increases the speed of the enemy? To be honest i already struggle with undecisive AI that constantly makes 180 turns and rushes into a completely different direction, so why would you buff their ability to dodge even higher? it completely diminishes the point of dealing bonus damage since all the bonus damage is mitigated by you not hitting a lancer rushing towards cover like leopard on drugs.

Edited by Artek94

30 minutes ago, Ernestasx said:

And pray tell, how many people want to have an Oberon on their team, in lieu of another, more useful frame?

And Zephyr is kinda useless aside from Turbulence.

29 minutes ago, Synville said:

Quite simple, actually.

If it wasn't for the fact that you are actively punished for doing what she's supposed to do (ya know, adapt), I would agree she requires some skill.

But she doesn't, and she's quite easy to min-max since at least half of each Aspect's kit is borderline useless, so she really ends up being a really, really easy to use frame that relies either on spamming Maim, spamming Rest, or walking around with Peaceful Pacify slowing down enemies. So yes. after a few games, she is very, very simple, despite not appearing so.

She's the proof an effective frame isn't obligatorily a well designed frame. And, honestly, she's one of the biggest dissapointments in this game to me.

5 hours ago, Synville said:

Zephyr's underuse stems from lack of engagement in her skill set, something AGGP covered not too long ago in a video (shameless plug cough cough)

While her kit is definitely fun to use, other people tend to get very annoyed with Tornado, common opinions say that the Dash-thingy and Divebomb should just be one skill (much like how slam attacks work) which generally just leaves Zephyr with her third abilty.

I happen to agree with all of these points and would genuinly hope for a rework... but a girl can dream.

They get annoyed with Tornado, up until that Tornado pins three squads of Eximus goons to the ceiling to be shelled in comparative safety. And Tailwind and Dive Bomb work just fine as they are... combining them into a single skill is a recipe for frustration... unless they can come up with 3 more skills and fit Dive Bomb and Tail Wind into a cyclic skill (like Ivara's Quiver or Vauban's traps.)

For all the work it took to get Equinox it felt a little underwhelming and the only powerful skill was Maim. Most of the time you are locked to using one aspect because switching back and forth isn't efficient and half of the skills aren't necessary since other frames do them better. Ironically I put together multiple sets of Equinox while farming for Final Harbinger back when the best source was the Tyl Regor fight.

I know it's been considerably buffed since it came out but my first impressions left a bad taste. Oberon is the worst offender though. When a frame has to receive that many buffs, you know it's lacking. 

Excuse my salt.

I dont know any veterans that find equinox weak. She's one of the most endgame frames there is. Either you can go night and spam sleep, which amplifies gas/slash procs for massive damage,use daggers for one shots, or you can go day and make your teams abilities stronger, and wipe entire waves when you get overwhelmed. She's in a good spot. People rarely compare her to trinity and oberon, so i dont know where that came from, besides the fact that they all have heals. 

She's underrated for two reasons:

1) Her Metamorphosis wipes all progress that she's built up on her abilities.

2) Her abilities take way too much work to get moving.

Other than that, she is a very versatile frame that handle a large number of different situations. If DE fixed the two very simple problems above she would be great. It wouldn't require a complete rework, we don't need to wait for Scott to start a new game with Equinox, it would just take a few small tweaks.

(Oh, and Rage is probably the worst ability in the game. It literally just makes things worse.)

On 12/9/2016 at 1:12 PM, Ernestasx said:

Seriously, why? It's hard to get, too. And quite expensive since it requires almost 2x as much effort and luck to get both forms' blueprints.

I have heard it's because of powercreep, that Trinity is so much better than Equinox and Oberon. Don't you think both of these frames need buffs?

Do you even have her :P . She is quite powerful from experience both nova slow (mod)and nova anti matter killing  potentail ,instant heals /rhino strength(w/mod), really tanky,  but she is ugly asf and quite boring tbh cause she does everything kills, tanks, heals in a sufficient matter.

Edited by THegolo123
Anti matter

Equinox is an interesting frame.  She just isn't what people expect her to be, which is part of the problem.  That, and some of what she does, others do better.  With someone who knows how to utilize her strengths, she can be a monster.

Monster killer, or monster support.