Jump to content
  • 0

TWW on PS4: Can't use focus


(PSN)supersocc11
 Share

Question

21 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I'm rather confused with the control changes.  I've completed the quest (with issues, so had to use default controls just to finish it), and then reverted back to my original controls that can be seen in the screen shot below.

Before the update, tapping the touch pad would activate my focus power, and tapping it again would end it.  My right d-pad button when held is for activating the current selected ability (useful when using frames such as Ivara and her different arrows, as I can cycle through them with swiping the touch pad or pressing the right d-pad, and then activate it by holding that d-pad button).

Now, pressing the touch pad does nothing.  Holding it activates my last selected ability.  I've reset to default and reconfigured, but still the same outcome.

ckYYdVj.jpg

 

Edit:  I changed to the "New Controller" config and reconfigured the controls to how there are in the picture above, and all is back to normal pretty much.  Just need to hold touch pad to use focus power.

So basically to sum it up for me, "Classic Controller" config is broken.  Makes no difference since I can configure the other preset.

Edited by (PS4)PopThosePringles
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

So basically your focus abilities are frozen until you complete TWW??  ugh

You can still use the abilities.

What changed is that you no longer just tap your focus button to use them.  You have to hold the focus button for a second or two to trigger the focus ability.

The reason for why it was switched from tapping to holding is explained in the quest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, (PS4)ThaHype1zReel said:

All abilities have been remapped to the D-pad on my (PS4) controller, as some 'Frames require 'holding' a button in order to activate abilities (Inaros, Ivara, Vauban, etc.).  If all of my 'holdable' buttons are designated for Warframe abilities, what button would I be able to "hold" for Focus?

great question

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
33 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

You can still use the abilities.

What changed is that you no longer just tap your focus button to use them.  You have to hold the focus button for a second or two to trigger the focus ability.

The reason for why it was switched from tapping to holding is explained in the quest.

So i already know the reason you have to hold because i spoiled myself :).  But it is still not letting me trigger the focus powers no matter how hard i try or where i remap the buttons to...Anyone else having this issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

So i already know the reason you have to hold because i spoiled myself :).  But it is still not letting me trigger the focus powers no matter how hard i try or where i remap the buttons to...Anyone else having this issue?

Hmm, I have not yet tried this update so I can't tell you if it's the same for me. But I have it so I press the power button then a face button. I believe focus is tied to your contextual button that way. If you have that action on a face button perhaps that's why it's not working. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, (PS4)ThaHype1zReel said:

All abilities have been remapped to the D-pad on my (PS4) controller, as some 'Frames require 'holding' a button in order to activate abilities (Inaros, Ivara, Vauban, etc.).  If all of my 'holdable' buttons are designated for Warframe abilities, what button would I be able to "hold" for Focus?

Same problem! :awkward:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Ever since the update went live on PS4 i havent been able to activate focus...Is there a reason for this or is it a bug?

You have to hold instead of just "press" the button.

Thread Switch Teleported from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Please do not pollute General Discussion by asking for help/info, giving feedback or reporting a bug, thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

You have to hold instead of just "press" the button.

Thread Switch Teleported from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Please do not pollute General Discussion by asking for help/info, giving feedback or reporting a bug, thank you.

We can't hold the 4 directions on touchpad when we play on "classic mod" (R1 melee, and no menu of powers) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, (PS4)InBloodWeTrust said:

We can't hold the 4 directions on touchpad when we play on "classic mod" (R1 melee, and no menu of powers) 

So basically now in order to use focus you have to switch your controller type to new in order to open up the power menu???? Don't like that at all.  I have only been able to activate focus using the R1 button to open the skills...no bueno

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I'm sorry I have not enough PS4 knowledge to help you on that. I will direct some Guides of the Lotus towards this thread.

Edit: their answer is that you'll have to either reset your control settings to default, or just bind it manually on your controller to an available button (none can help you here, it depends on your current own personal customisations).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, (PS4)PopThosePringles said:

I'm rather confused with the control changes.  I've completed the quest (with issues, so had to use default controls just to finish it), and then reverted back to my original controls that can be seen in the screen shot below.

Before the update, tapping the touch pad would activate my focus power, and tapping it again would end it.  My right d-pad button when held is for activating the current selected ability (useful when using frames such as Ivara and her different arrows, as I can cycle through them with swiping the touch pad or pressing the right d-pad, and then activate it by holding that d-pad button).

Now, pressing the touch pad does nothing.  Holding it activates my last selected ability.  I've reset to default and reconfigured, but still the same outcome.

ckYYdVj.jpg

 

Edit:  I changed to the "New Controller" config and reconfigured the controls to how there are in the picture above, and all is back to normal pretty much.  Just need to hold touch pad to use focus power.

So basically to sum it up for me, "Classic Controller" config is broken.  Makes no difference since I can configure the other preset.

I'll try that! Thanks tenno!! I think that should work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, (PS4)PopThosePringles said:

I'm rather confused with the control changes.  I've completed the quest (with issues, so had to use default controls just to finish it), and then reverted back to my original controls that can be seen in the screen shot below.

Before the update, tapping the touch pad would activate my focus power, and tapping it again would end it.  My right d-pad button when held is for activating the current selected ability (useful when using frames such as Ivara and her different arrows, as I can cycle through them with swiping the touch pad or pressing the right d-pad, and then activate it by holding that d-pad button).

Now, pressing the touch pad does nothing.  Holding it activates my last selected ability.  I've reset to default and reconfigured, but still the same outcome.

ckYYdVj.jpg

 

Edit:  I changed to the "New Controller" config and reconfigured the controls to how there are in the picture above, and all is back to normal pretty much.  Just need to hold touch pad to use focus power.

So basically to sum it up for me, "Classic Controller" config is broken.  Makes no difference since I can configure the other preset.

Just swap Gear hot key 3 for Power E on Classic 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
32 minutes ago, (PS4)PopThosePringles said:

No, nothing worked.  It was as if the whole config was bugged out.  Resetting to default / restarting game done nothing.  I tried every combination possible, but solved it in the end (see the edit in my post).

I saw your edit. I ran Classic controller with Focus on D-pad, cursor up, since Focus release and have no issues not even with TWW Quest. TBH holding Touch pad is mystery for me.

Edit: On the other side, the Toggle abilities are different story.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...