Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW on PS4: Can't use focus

(PSN)supersocc11

Question

21 answers to this question

I'm rather confused with the control changes.  I've completed the quest (with issues, so had to use default controls just to finish it), and then reverted back to my original controls that can be seen in the screen shot below.

Before the update, tapping the touch pad would activate my focus power, and tapping it again would end it.  My right d-pad button when held is for activating the current selected ability (useful when using frames such as Ivara and her different arrows, as I can cycle through them with swiping the touch pad or pressing the right d-pad, and then activate it by holding that d-pad button).

Now, pressing the touch pad does nothing.  Holding it activates my last selected ability.  I've reset to default and reconfigured, but still the same outcome.

ckYYdVj.jpg

Edit:  I changed to the "New Controller" config and reconfigured the controls to how there are in the picture above, and all is back to normal pretty much.  Just need to hold touch pad to use focus power.

So basically to sum it up for me, "Classic Controller" config is broken.  Makes no difference since I can configure the other preset.

Edited by (PS4)PopThosePringles

Just now, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

So basically your focus abilities are frozen until you complete TWW??  ugh

You can still use the abilities.

What changed is that you no longer just tap your focus button to use them.  You have to hold the focus button for a second or two to trigger the focus ability.

The reason for why it was switched from tapping to holding is explained in the quest.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ThaHype1zReel said:

All abilities have been remapped to the D-pad on my (PS4) controller, as some 'Frames require 'holding' a button in order to activate abilities (Inaros, Ivara, Vauban, etc.).  If all of my 'holdable' buttons are designated for Warframe abilities, what button would I be able to "hold" for Focus?

great question

33 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

You can still use the abilities.

What changed is that you no longer just tap your focus button to use them.  You have to hold the focus button for a second or two to trigger the focus ability.

The reason for why it was switched from tapping to holding is explained in the quest.

So i already know the reason you have to hold because i spoiled myself :).  But it is still not letting me trigger the focus powers no matter how hard i try or where i remap the buttons to...Anyone else having this issue?

1 hour ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

So i already know the reason you have to hold because i spoiled myself :).  But it is still not letting me trigger the focus powers no matter how hard i try or where i remap the buttons to...Anyone else having this issue?

Hmm, I have not yet tried this update so I can't tell you if it's the same for me. But I have it so I press the power button then a face button. I believe focus is tied to your contextual button that way. If you have that action on a face button perhaps that's why it's not working. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)ThaHype1zReel said:

All abilities have been remapped to the D-pad on my (PS4) controller, as some 'Frames require 'holding' a button in order to activate abilities (Inaros, Ivara, Vauban, etc.).  If all of my 'holdable' buttons are designated for Warframe abilities, what button would I be able to "hold" for Focus?

Same problem! :awkward:

3 hours ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Ever since the update went live on PS4 i havent been able to activate focus...Is there a reason for this or is it a bug?

You have to hold instead of just "press" the button.

Thread Switch Teleported from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Please do not pollute General Discussion by asking for help/info, giving feedback or reporting a bug, thank you.

2 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

You have to hold instead of just "press" the button.

Thread Switch Teleported from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

Please do not pollute General Discussion by asking for help/info, giving feedback or reporting a bug, thank you.

We can't hold the 4 directions on touchpad when we play on "classic mod" (R1 melee, and no menu of powers) 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)InBloodWeTrust said:

We can't hold the 4 directions on touchpad when we play on "classic mod" (R1 melee, and no menu of powers) 

So basically now in order to use focus you have to switch your controller type to new in order to open up the power menu???? Don't like that at all.  I have only been able to activate focus using the R1 button to open the skills...no bueno

I'm sorry I have not enough PS4 knowledge to help you on that. I will direct some Guides of the Lotus towards this thread.

Edit: their answer is that you'll have to either reset your control settings to default, or just bind it manually on your controller to an available button (none can help you here, it depends on your current own personal customisations).

1 hour ago, (PS4)PopThosePringles said:

I'm rather confused with the control changes.  I've completed the quest (with issues, so had to use default controls just to finish it), and then reverted back to my original controls that can be seen in the screen shot below.

Before the update, tapping the touch pad would activate my focus power, and tapping it again would end it.  My right d-pad button when held is for activating the current selected ability (useful when using frames such as Ivara and her different arrows, as I can cycle through them with swiping the touch pad or pressing the right d-pad, and then activate it by holding that d-pad button).

Now, pressing the touch pad does nothing.  Holding it activates my last selected ability.  I've reset to default and reconfigured, but still the same outcome.

ckYYdVj.jpg

Edit:  I changed to the "New Controller" config and reconfigured the controls to how there are in the picture above, and all is back to normal pretty much.  Just need to hold touch pad to use focus power.

So basically to sum it up for me, "Classic Controller" config is broken.  Makes no difference since I can configure the other preset.

I'll try that! Thanks tenno!! I think that should work

6 hours ago, (PS4)PopThosePringles said:

ckYYdVj.jpg

Just swap Gear hot key 3 for Power E on Classic 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)PopThosePringles said:

No, nothing worked.  It was as if the whole config was bugged out.  Resetting to default / restarting game done nothing.  I tried every combination possible, but solved it in the end (see the edit in my post).

I saw your edit. I ran Classic controller with Focus on D-pad, cursor up, since Focus release and have no issues not even with TWW Quest. TBH holding Touch pad is mystery for me.

Edit: On the other side, the Toggle abilities are different story.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099