Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Volt Speed

EnzoF50

hi

is there away to stop the effect of Speed Volt on me... I'm in defence and don't need to run around at 100mph - If other players enjoys that sort of thing then great and I know speed Volt has its place but for a level at 10-14 I don't think its needed for me.  when I'm using Nezha who is already fastish at getting around its like being on ice, have to think about corners about 4 seconds before getting there :)

I know I can play solo but that's not the point of warframe - I enjoy seeing other plays frames and style of play this game...  I could also ask the player to stop but that no fun for them - can I have the option to turn it off.... please.... 

thanks - just seen another post about this that said this no longer works but not tried it myself...

LazerusKI also commented on that thread about other frame issues, some I don't have any issue with but Mag pull is another one bugs me were players think its funning pulling you back....

45 minutes ago, EnzoF50 said:

hi

is there away to stop the effect of Speed Volt on me... I'm in defence and don't need to run around at 100mph - If other players enjoys that sort of thing then great and I know speed Volt has its place but for a level at 10-14 I don't think its needed for me.  when I'm using Nezha who is already fastish at getting around its like being on ice, have to think about corners about 4 seconds before getting there :)

I know I can play solo but that's not the point of warframe - I enjoy seeing other plays frames and style of play this game...  I could also ask the player to stop but that no fun for them - can I have the option to turn it off.... please.... 

Alternatively, do no sprint while under Speed. It will be just like sprinting normally.

4 hours ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Nah, realistically there isnt a way. Backflip with Speed on with launch you across the tile and slow you down (unless you do a 180turn), and Volt will instantly recast it once he sees there is no buff icon next to your name.

I had to leave a mission because a Volt stood there and watched me instantly backflip out of his speed four times in a row, and kept recasting it. He was literally watching me backflip out of it on purpose every time he cast it, and wouldn't let me not have the "buff". Some Volts should not be allowed in public servers.

I like getting and giving Volt Speed because besides the movement boost the reload boost can be really nice on some weapons.

That said I don't tend to boost mine's strength a lot so it's a pretty standard speed boost.

Every now and then I'll end up with one in a PuG and he's boosted it all the way to high Hek and holy sheeps it's so fast I can hardly move because I almost immediately crash into something. Player must have some pretty sweet internet, I however do not, haha

But it's already been covered on how to roll out of it, but like I said, if you don't need to move around the reload boost is pretty handy.

8 hours ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Nah, realistically there isnt a way. Backflip with Speed on with launch you across the tile and slow you down (unless you do a 180turn), and Volt will instantly recast it once he sees there is no buff icon next to your name.

I am that Volt. 

>.>

<.<

Image result for must go faster

I don't mind Volt's Speed, even when I'm using Nezha because I like the increase in melee attack speed, which is useful even in defense missions.  I can see why some people wouldn't like Volt's speed.  At least you can roll out of it, but if you're unhappy about Volt spamming his Speed, politely let them know!  People are not mind readers.  If you don't like something, let them know instead of getting annoyed to make the experience better for everybody.  If they decide to troll you even after you ask politely, then abort the mission and join a different group.

16 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

I had to leave a mission because a Volt stood there and watched me instantly backflip out of his speed four times in a row, and kept recasting it. He was literally watching me backflip out of it on purpose every time he cast it, and wouldn't let me not have the "buff". Some Volts should not be allowed in public servers.

20 hours ago, Ivan_Rid said:

I'm sorry to see that both of you experience that, but I main Volt and have seen many others play him and I can tell you that I've never come across a troll like that, nor do I play like that. I cast Speed near allies during non-combat, non-parkour times, basically when it it least harmful. I rarely see people disable Speed, but if I do, I just say "welp, whatever" and leave them behind.

3 hours ago, Insizer said:

I rarely see people disable Speed, but if I do, I just say "welp, whatever" and leave them behind.

I often use a max rank Lightning Dash and/or Titania for parkour, or sometimes just Nezha with Armored Agility and Cunning Drift. I can typically keep up with or even outpace many Volts, but if I have Speed applied, I just end up flying off the map or running into doorways. To be fair, that is the only Volt who ever actually refused to let me cancel it.

I suppose I should add, it was in a fissure mission, and I had stayed behind a moment to gather reactant because I joined late. I would have caught up, because I can freaking fly, but he wouldn't leave me alone. XD

Edited by DreamsmithJane

23 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Report him for griefing just like you would a Loki who just constantly switch tele's you, or a Vauban who won't stop bouncing you just to be a jerk, or a Nova you keeps dropping a wormhole on you that drops you in a poor location, or a Valkyr who won't stop riplining you. 

Because Warframe is a coop game it requires these powers to work on other frames, but trolls will always find ways to exploit them in ways the devs never intended, because they are trolls. The best way to deal with them is to quietly report them, they will think twice about doing that in random PUG's next time if they have to deal with real consequences. And the more these people face consequences the less of them will try it overall. 

I think those people definitely deserve a temp ban for griefing, and permanent if they keep doing it after they come back. And I wouldn't be surprised if that is the exact punishment DE uses most of the time when they catch griefers. That Volt should definitely not be allowed in public games. 

As a player with self awareness who isn't trying to ruin other people's days, I know some Tenno are shy and won't speak up, or may not even speak the same language, so I watch closely for any indication that they may NOT like a buff I am giving everyone -- whatever the frame -- and try to act to avoid giving it to them after that. 

Especially in a PUG survival or something, if it seems someone is trying to fight enemies in a different tile from me when I am playing as a frame like Volt, I will just try to remain out of their range -- it is clear they don't want my buff. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

5 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

It certainly doesn't help ppl who play with a pad on pc.

1. A backflip is clunky to perform

2. The buff still won't go away, at least for me.

I feel like in the case of Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift, the issue is the ability itself. 

Why do players not want to be in the Rift much of the time? DE has been looking into this lately and planning a revamp of Limbo, but it is clear that most players simply do not want to be in the Rift. Maybe the action to get you out isn't the biggest issue, but the fact no one wants to be there. 

I have started to wonder the same about speed. Yes, making you go fast is cool, and increasing melee speed is cool, but maybe it needs to boost speed in a different way that makes more sense with the new parkour system, and maybe the FOV thing is STILL too much for a lot of people. 

I think the ability needed a fuller rework and they mostly just tweaked it (like making it recastable). What it really needed was to focus more on increasing the agility/speed of parkour movements (What most people use now anyway) and tone down even more greatly the whole FOV thing that makes people go nuts. I think it should still increase sprint speed, but less so because of the effects of it on most people, and how it often just makes even skilled players run into walls on tighter maps -- this wouldn't be a true downgrade because at the same time it would get a buff to the actual parkour movements, making them go farther, a little faster, etc. 

If it didn't make people motion sick, and it contributed to the movement system most people use now (not sprinting) I think most people wouldn't be TRYING to get out of the ability. Just like if the Rift wasn't so inconvenient so much of the time, people wouldn't be so worried about trying to cancel out of the Rift. 

Edited by Tesseract7777