Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On obtaining secondary riven mods.

Clem2-TheClemening

As of the last devstream, the upcoming Secondary riven mods will replace Primary riven mods in the Sortie rewards list. As seen in the twitch chat, this is... not a popular idea.

How about letting players choose between primary and secondary rivens by letting us have an generic riven that turns into a primary or secondary mod based on what we have it equipped in when it's unveiled? Putting it in a primary gets a random primary mod, secondary gets a secondary mod, and melee picks one randomly.

I know from time to time the idea of getting a Token as a reward has been brought up and I think that something like that would work well with adding in Rivens for the other weapon categories. 

So you'd get a Riven token and take that to Teshin or some new NPC and convert it there into the weapon slot you want, Primary, Secondary, Melee, etc.

Maybe we could add Shotguns and move Sentinel weapon Rivens over into being their own class then too.

Really my only concern with actual Secondary Rivens is that some of the Secondary weapons seem to be in a really great place right now and I wouldn't want to see that mess everything up.

With more than one Multi-shot mod and several nice Primed ones we've already got a very fine selection to pick from. 

Maybe if this time they cut down on how many damage bonuses they can have, not have negatives and tend more towards "quality of life" types of buffs then that'd be pretty cool.

Max ammo, ammo mutation, magazine size, punch through, silent, weapon swap, reload, reduced recoil, stuff more like that. 

Cheers!
~R~

11 hours ago, Xiusa said:

I think their intentions are to put Rifle Rivens in the uncommon tier of rewards and Secondary Rivens in the common tier

The way I understood it they would remove primary rivens completely, meaning no way to get any new primary riven mods once secondaries come.  After a certain time period they will replace secondary with melee rivens.  

Once those have time to circulate a bit they reintroduce primary and secondary all together adding them (hopefully) as something more than just sortie rewards.