Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #84 Overview

AM-Bunny

Nidus 1's usefulness seems mostly predicated on just how much reach (and probably duration) you can get out of his two (which seems like it'll be ridiculously good with a Nova on the team). The 3 seems pretty decent w/ 100% damage reflection, but in a group you'll probably just end up with whatever you're linked to dying so fast it probably won't matter. The 4 seems, well, cute but useless. It'd have to spawn a *lot* of maggots very, very fast for its CC to be worthwhile... and it doesn't seem like it'll deal damage in that AoE all that effectively or do anything to make Nidus want to hang out on his creep patches.

The fireball spear is neat enough. Once they add the "your weapon is here" icon to it and it stops falling out of the level, it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience to collect it given how mobile we are.

thanks again bunny!

another frame with no shields eh? looks like Inaros started a new trend. very glad there's gonna be a Pump-action shotgun, it looks sweet, especially with that Shell Rack on the side. also loving Ember's Deluxe Skin, IgnusDei has a wonderful art style, and she has a sort of "two-face" vibe about her (referring to the villain Harvey Two-face from Batman).

overall, pretty great news!

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

The fireball spear is neat enough. Once they add the "your weapon is here" icon to it and it stops falling out of the level, it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience to collect it given how mobile we are.

Nah, that will still be too slow, boring, and too risky in high levels. It's annoying enough when the Grineer Dhrak tamers make you drop your weapon. Even with a way point, it does not make the concept of dropping a weapon in a fire fight anymore appealing. Add an extending strap and be done with it. Go full Scorpion so as to even give us a reason to throw the damn thing.

Edited by UrielColtan

7 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

New Speargun Weapon
• Possesses two firing modes: fire and thrown
• The Throwing attack is very powerful and has an AOE effect, but upon throwing it, you have to manually retrieve the weapon
• If you throw the spear to an inaccessible location, it will eventually return automatically, but you are limited to your secondary weapon until then
• The (Grineer) fire spear that was previewed shoots a fireball with its primary firing mode
• There is a Corpus speargun being developed too
• Click HERE to see a preview of the spear mechanics

I like spears now.

7 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Infested Warframe - Nidus
• Nidus' acquisition Quest will be related to The Perrin Sequence and the full release of The Index
• Has no shields but passive health regen    
• #1 creates a long line of Infestation that damages and refunds some energy based on how many enemies are hit - enough enemies can actually result in a net positive Energy gain
• #2 creates tendrils that hold enemies in place
• #3 stuns an enemy, forming a symbiotic link and makes all damage you receive go to the linked target
• His first 3 powers generate Infestation stacks that are used to pay for his #4 - these stacks are represented visually as Infested growths form on his body
• #4 requires a number of Infestation stacks to use and generates a zone of Infestation that contains maggots that fight for you and cc enemies as well as build more Infestation stacks
• Click HERE to see a gameplay preview of Nidus' powers
• Will release very soon -sometime this year

Reveal hidden contents

076d8dd463546bd6488b7fb2f688befd.pngd455a8d9e61b9db97f830e9d8735119b.png

I'm pretty hyped for Nidus, mainly for his aesthetics so I'm rather bias. I'm hoping that's not the final product (then again, it's most likely is) and that there would be more. Like animated tidbits on his model, such as pulsing veins, tumors. Just small nitpicks.

Furthermore, his 4 just... summons maggots ? I mean, they do stunlock enemies, but the maggots don't seem all too...impressive. Not that I expected him to summon a Behemoth Juggernaut and ride on it but I do.

Again, I'm rather biased about this.

8 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

New Tenno Shotgun
• Highly requested pump-action shotgun

Hide contents

b7217ffd7f9554e6963e3d7948719d8b.png

Time to parteh boiz

tumblr_o6d8jm97331ux8sgto4_1280.gif

6 hours ago, frohdoe said:

When is the Ember deluxe skin coming?

Probably not for a while - there are a lot of other skins in the queue. Unless it gets unexpectedly bumped forward, I wouldn't realistically expect it even in 6 months.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

So Nidus abilities looks like an Inaros clone in a lot of ways... but he doesn't look as good. This may be a misfire lmao. 

To be completely honest, he looks like a total bore-fest. His aesthetic is cool, but mechanically, it feels like they barely tried. Seems like a Warframe they made for the sake of making, not because it benefits the game at all. This is really harmful to the overall development of the game because every Warframe added divides the time able to be devoted to each one smaller.

2 hours ago, The_Vile_Blade said:

I like spears now.

I'm interested in the weapon type, but a little disappointed in the designs we've seen. The Grineer one showcased in the stream, and - what I presume to be - the Tenno one shown originally didn't have any point on the thrown end. The Grineer spear has some kind of spiky end, but it certainly doesn't resemble a spear. I'm positive the Corpus one won't have a pointed end because... Corpus don't really do points/edges. I guess I would've preferred at least one initial spear that had an actual spearhead on the thrown end.

1 hour ago, AM-Bunny said:

I'm interested in the weapon type, but a little disappointed in the designs we've seen. The Grineer one showcased in the stream, and - what I presume to be - the Tenno one shown originally didn't have any point on the thrown end. The Grineer spear has some kind of spiky end, but it certainly doesn't resemble a spear. I'm positive the Corpus one won't have a pointed end because... Corpus don't really do points/edges. I guess I would've preferred at least one initial spear that had an actual spearhead on the thrown end.

You mean this one ?

117dceb98b618f02bfb20c8e3e229bca.jpg

Because actually, they do have pointy ends. I went back to the devstream to have a look at them and took this :

uEB7LXs.jpg

The Excalibur in the T-stance was holding the spear, pointy end forward. And if you look at the spear held by the middle one, its the other end was also pointy.

Also, I'm quite sure these are of Corpus design, so you're not quite wrong about them not having points/edges.

2f74397bc7d1c76e494391f49555cc5b.png

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

2 minutes ago, Pokemonix14 said:

Ember Deluxe Skin VS "Oni" Warframe Concept from 2013 ,very original to copy somebody's idea ,HUH ?!

you know that Ignus Dei is the artist for both concepts. Ignus Dei used to offer in forums to create concept art for others if he find it of his liking, he made many good concepts that DE decided to work with him to make Deluxe skins.

Nidus just seems to be a different touch on inaros gameplay mechanics, even his 4 ability is very similar to scarab swarm, his scalability seems to be terrible other than CC and survivability, i just hope the target affected by symbiotic link is immune to ally damage in a similar way as titania`s third ability because if not it would be pretty much useless playing with random people.

Riven mods for primary weapons must be obtained in other ways, via alerts, syndicates etc, removing them is just a bad move for anyone who didnt have enough time to play the game.

I really like the direction on limbo`s rework, cataclysm is in most situations a death sentence to limbo due to the lack of CC, a stun/freeze or any kind of CC effect would help to fix this issue, a quick transition for entering the rift is a very good change too.

Thanks for the review tho.

Edited by Rhaenxys

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)SilverWolf198 said:

I'm hoping the maggots will deal more damage and there will be more to the his stacks. His 3 will could make him pretty tanky and his 2 seems decent, but I imagine not all of this is final. Hoping he gets more health as well as energy. He looks more like a solo frame to me.

And yes. I will throw my money at the screen for that Ember skin.

It's just odd that he'd have no shields but no ability that replinishes his health.  Inaros's whole kit can give him health back.  I feel like he needs a decent start on armor.  perhaps somewhere between chroma and inaros.  then they could do 1 of 2 things.  They could make it so all of his abilities just give a basline amount of health back.  Or they could make it so the more stacks he has the better health regeneration he has+ the abilities give some health back.

I don't really think the maggots need damage since they look to be primarily cc.  So instead the maggots should probably be a bit more numerous and a smidge more health.  I also think the amount of stacks should dictate how helpful the rest of his abilities are in some capacity.  Maybe i'm just not getting the design here from what they showed but he seems like a gimmick frame.  cool but not practical.

15 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Nidus 1's usefulness seems mostly predicated on just how much reach (and probably duration) you can get out of his two (which seems like it'll be ridiculously good with a Nova on the team). The 3 seems pretty decent w/ 100% damage reflection, but in a group you'll probably just end up with whatever you're linked to dying so fast it probably won't matter. The 4 seems, well, cute but useless. It'd have to spawn a *lot* of maggots very, very fast for its CC to be worthwhile... and it doesn't seem like it'll deal damage in that AoE all that effectively or do anything to make Nidus want to hang out on his creep patches.

Yea, I think Nidus could be a pretty decent solo frame but could also have some good team play as well.