Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what are Snipers good for ??

Vicious_Vipa

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

I just have to laugh at how this topic has continued. Let's just say they were included for the same reasons other weapons were. Options. There are players that prefer shotguns and those that don't. That is basically the same for sniper rifles. I personally prefer weapons with high accuracy and don't care for shotguns. This is a preference and nothing more. Almost all weapons can be made endgame viable with enough care. Snipers are no different.

Remember, what is fun for you might be the opposite for someone else.

You have a very peculiar sense of humor.

1 hour ago, GrinningMary said:

You have a very peculiar sense of humor.

What I meant was that it's somewhat surprising how long this discussion has gone on. Also some of the responses have been humorous.

The OP's original question was answered a while back. Some are now just arguing over personal preference. What it all really is in the end is just personal preference. At least in my very honest opinion. :D

42 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

What I meant was that it's somewhat surprising how long this discussion has gone on. Also some of the responses have been humorous.

The OP's original question was answered a while back. Some are now just arguing over personal preference. What it all really is in the end is just personal preference. At least in my very honest opinion. :D

I wasn't under the impression that's what's being argued about. I thought it was just a divide of people explaining what's good and bad about sniper rifles, then people who are just trying to explain what the best meta weapons are without really understanding the subject at hand.

28 minutes ago, GrinningMary said:

then people who are just trying to explain what the best meta weapons are without really understanding the subject at hand.

And you didn't find this humorous.  :D 

I'm not disagreeing with you at all.  It has been an entertaining read (the topic) none the less. 

19 hours ago, Alpha_Zephyr said:

yeahhh, i've tried them, i MUCH prefer vulkar

my girlfriend (a shotgun type) tried the vulkar wraith in a sortie, and was actually quite impressed. she's not changing her weapon of choice, but she's not as opposed to my choice of weaponry- medium-long ranged, precise. Bows and snipers. Really it's, as:

On 12/18/2016 at 6:11 PM, DatDarkOne said:

said, just personal opinion. Snipers COULD use some work, and i would love a sniper that could puncture snow globes, arctic extimi bubbles, and nullifier bubbles, it isn't completely necessary. they're just not as well liked as many of warframe's other guns.

On 12/9/2016 at 10:43 PM, Vicious_Vipa said:

in a game where 100 brainless enemies at once rush at you?

I believe that most players only have them for special sortie conditions ;)-

most sniper rifles don't even have innate punch through which would give them at least a little bit of utility.

Maybe they'd have a right to exist if they could penetrate Nullifier Bubbles or something like that, and therefore help the team by taking out these specific threats.

It really is a mystery for me why DE does not give them more love.

snipers are mostly useless unless DE adds a AoE Augments/Mod for snipers.

On 12/17/2016 at 10:17 PM, robbybe01234 said:

I started writing a breakdown here about how sniper rifles still don't fit in this game for very specific reasons going into gameflow and breaking down encounters in each mission type you listed, but look play how you want.  I know what I know and I'm confident it is correct. Deconstructing how they don't work in Warframe here is not worth my time.  You do you, I'll do me. 

That's fine! Just to clarify I think Snipers are far from being perfect lol.

And I don't doubt you at all. If anything I would actually encourage you to write out your analysis on the matter, because I do think it's worth the time to have these kind of discussions. Since you have a different perspective then I do (i.e. snipers don't work in Warframe), I'd love to read what you have to say.

If you still feel like it's not worth the effort, it's also fine so no biggie. I'm not going to force you or anything, especially since after catching up and skimming through the thread, it seems many players already really got into this whole topic, inside and out haha. 

In my experience snipers as they are now are extremely viable weapons but they werent till they got a massive change awhile back. They still have their problems though and the biggest problem is that warframe is a very fast paced and mobile game which does not lend itself well to sniper gameplay. Nullifiers and ice eximus continue to be a massive problem for sniper gameplay as well since sniper bullets cant pierce shields  and cant quickly take those shields down. Yet another problem with snipers in a large scale is the tilesets which do not encourage highly accurate and long distance shooting

That said, my biggest success with sniper rifles is when Im with a good team on a high level mission and I take a support role. Not just support as in healing/buffing but also with support fire as I take down high priority targets like bombards and ancient healers. When I play sniper in this way Im not going to get top DPS or most kills but the impact I make is game winning and can easily make the difference between doing an hour long survival or doing two hours (its doubly effective if teamates do callouts for the sniper). Problem is this requires a highly coordinated and experienced team which frankly isnt needed in what passes for end game content in warframe. That playstyle also gets in the way of certain warframe playstyles. For example: thats exactly how I play Limbo. In my hands hes an assassin with some support powers

As the game stands now sniper rifles are good but you have to want to play them and warframes maps, enemies, and playstyles make it a chore