Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within (+Hotfixes)

[DE]Megan

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, (Xbox One)Uncle Wack said:

Probably going to get hate for this but, eh. I'm glad DE works so hard & is so kind with their gaming community. That being said, I am not going to play any of the Dream quests b/c I'm not going to have "magic" powers based off of Buddhist magic beliefs. I don't like that you HAVE to play the Dream Quests to have access to certain things. I understand that DE wants people to play what they worked so hard on by gently forcing us to play them, like they did with the relic system & making us play ALL of the star chart. That was clever but this I simply won't do. I know what you reading this will most likely say, "Then don't play it." I won't & I know you don't care but DE is considerate & I just wanted to voice my feelings on this new update. I hope DE does well & I hope everyone enjoys the new content. I think I will enjoy the stuff I can play without doing the Dream Quests. It sounds pretty cool! Thank you DE for all your kindness & respect to your gaming community. There really is no other developer quite like you all!

As far as I'm aware, the "magic" powers are not based off of Buddhist magic beliefs in any way, and even if they were, I wouldn't think that should be any reason to avoid them.

That being said, I really appreciate the amount of respect and patience you had in saying that.

Edited by (XB1)Boxer2380

Now that this update is out i can finally get back to endless runs, THANK YOU DE! .. but i have one question... will console players get the Xmas gear as well as a few tennogen stocking fillers? xbox didnt get the sythe skin or the liset interior last year so i was hoping this year we would get some more xmas gifts .. and tennogen lol

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, (Xbox One)Boxer2380 said:

As far as I'm aware, the "magic" powers are not based off of Buddhist magic beliefs in any way, and even if they were, I wouldn't think that should be any reason to avoid them.

That being said, I really appreciate the amount of respect and patience you had in saying that.

The 5 focuses are based off a Chinese belief about the 5 forms of chi that have been dominate thoughout history or something like that. It's in the wiki under the trivia section, if you scroll down. These beliefs have included astrology and divination amongst many other things within the Chinese culture. Anyway, chi is "life energy" that people have believed is an inner force they can tap into and manipulate to affect the physical world......magic. Hence the powers the "operators" use. When I first started playing Warframe, the people who survived the corruption of the Void were mutated and gained a certain affinity of special abilities with a theme, water, air, ninja, anti matter or dark matter, fire, tricksters, the list goes on. Now, the Warframes arent even alive, as I understand it, & I'm wondering if the Void actually isnt just some bermuda triangle of space where strange things happen & is actually void energy or ether or aether which is pretty much chi. See I'm figuring DE will make it out to be that the Void is the "magic chi realm" & that that is the whole catalyst to why & how the Operaters gained their powers in the first play. Good old magic, as always. Why in a Space Ninja game, I dont understand. What's next, we have to collect souls or the "life energy" or "essence" of our enemies to "power up" and use our own abilities? But anyway, that's what the 5 focuses are based off of. I realize they're ninja's but their space ninja's. I was fine with the unexplainable mutation phenomena. Weird science is fine...no reference to the movie. But mystic content, I dont like. But I guess at the end of the day, that's just how I feel about it all. I'm just sick of that kind of content in so many games & I never figured it would be in this one. I really like Warframe. I think other than Goldeneye for N64 that this is the game I've put the most time on ever. Oh well, everything eventually ends anyway. I'll just have to wait & see with this. Thank you for replying to my comment with kindness! Take care!

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)Uncle Wack said:

The 5 focuses are based off a Chinese belief about the 5 forms of chi that have been dominate thoughout history or something like that. It's in the wiki under the trivia section, if you scroll down. These beliefs have included astrology and divination amongst many other things within the Chinese culture. Anyway, chi is "life energy" that people have believed is an inner force they can tap into and manipulate to affect the physical world......magic. Hence the powers the "operators" use. When I first started playing Warframe, the people who survived the corruption of the Void were mutated and gained a certain affinity of special abilities with a theme, water, air, ninja, anti matter or dark matter, fire, tricksters, the list goes on. Now, the Warframes arent even alive, as I understand it, & I'm wondering if the Void actually isnt just some bermuda triangle of space where strange things happen & is actually void energy or ether or aether which is pretty much chi. See I'm figuring DE will make it out to be that the Void is the "magic chi realm" & that that is the whole catalyst to why & how the Operaters gained their powers in the first play. Good old magic, as always. Why in a Space Ninja game, I dont understand. What's next, we have to collect souls or the "life energy" or "essence" of our enemies to "power up" and use our own abilities? But anyway, that's what the 5 focuses are based off of. I realize they're ninja's but their space ninja's. I was fine with the unexplainable mutation phenomena. Weird science is fine...no reference to the movie. But mystic content, I dont like. But I guess at the end of the day, that's just how I feel about it all. I'm just sick of that kind of content in so many games & I never figured it would be in this one. I really like Warframe. I think other than Goldeneye for N64 that this is the game I've put the most time on ever. Oh well, everything eventually ends anyway. I'll just have to wait & see with this. Thank you for replying to my comment with kindness! Take care!

I think I understand.  I would recommend at least giving The Second Dream a shot, as I think you be pleasantly surprised as to the origin of the Tenno's powers.

Edited by (XB1)Boxer2380

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)THE VIS0RED said:

What's up with the formion build progress on our alert/invasion screen? I see it but when I click on it it just brings me to Mercury and not a specific node. Do I need to complete the War Within or is it something else?

They mention invasion changes in the patch notes.  The part you're wondering about is that with each completed invasion of either of the two non-infested factions, that faction makes progress towards building one of their big projects.  For the Grineer, it's the formorians you see in the occasional mini-Eyes of Blight event.  As for the Corpus, it's the Razorback Armada from the Divine Will tactical alert a little while back.

I assume that once one of those projects is completed, we'll get to fight it.

Edited by (XB1)Boxer2380

22 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Hotfix 2 December 14th:

• Fixed an issue that was stopping people from sending more gifts if they logged in before 2pm

can we get someone to look at the titania skin, the butterflies are not right [not as seen in picture of solstice]

also they now are popping off in archwing use and blocking visuals of shooting... kinda hard to shoot what you cant see 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

The War Within surprised me alot and made the game that much better but honestly the whole riven mods thing ruined it for me pretty quick. They have such a difficult task to achieve and the chances of that are rare to none with the 2 iv gotten so far. A very experienced player who im in a clan with even thinks that the mod he obtained is nearly impossible and through the 7 people he has read it to they think he is lying and how obserd it possibly is for after working his butt off in sorties and finally got one and i also got the same. I think you guys need to "expand" the possibilities to obtain and unlock this riven mod. Hope my message goes with being heard and understood that this has caused much frustration all around and apparently im not the only one who has something to say about it. Thank you for your time

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)This MVP said:

The War Within surprised me alot and made the game that much better but honestly the whole riven mods thing ruined it for me pretty quick. They have such a difficult task to achieve and the chances of that are rare to none with the 2 iv gotten so far. A very experienced player who im in a clan with even thinks that the mod he obtained is nearly impossible and through the 7 people he has read it to they think he is lying and how obserd it possibly is for after working his butt off in sorties and finally got one and i also got the same. I think you guys need to "expand" the possibilities to obtain and unlock this riven mod. Hope my message goes with being heard and understood that this has caused much frustration all around and apparently im not the only one who has something to say about it. Thank you for your time

Just out of curiosity, which challenge(s) were you thinking of specifically?