Jump to content
  • 0

Do I have to use the Affinity boost to level up focus ASAP?


(PSN)CaptainIMalik
 Share

Question

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

yes, affinity booster also affects your focus gain. Unfortunatly I cannot tell you where to go for decent Focus farms, other than Sortie Interception, Defense and maybe Mobile Defense. maybe going an hour or two in relic endless might work, too. good luck, Energy Overflow is just stupid good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

yes, affinity booster also affects your focus gain. Unfortunatly I cannot tell you where to go for decent Focus farms, other than Sortie Interception, Defense and maybe Mobile Defense. maybe going an hour or two in relic endless might work, too. good luck, Energy Overflow is just stupid good.

 

I'll try Akkad. 3 days booster is enough right to farm like 325,000 focus in 3 days? 

 

 

Yes, affinity booster will double your focus gain, but the cap of 100k per day remains. 

 

ok thanks

 

I might get the 7 days one then 

Edited by (PS4)CaptainIMalik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

So a 7 days booster, consistently playing Akkad, I can get 100k focus within an hour? 

I can't tell you how much affinity you get there and how long it takes to max out your focus there.
My point was mostly that you can be more efficient with your lenses if you keep in mind how affinity is shared. You only need 1 weapon with the lens on it.

Btw don't quote me on this, but you should only need 75k focus to unlock the 1st tier of energy overflow. Investing more means that you can increase the amount of energy you get and you may want to pick up the cooldown reduction later on, but you only need the 75k to unlock the 1 energy/s regen.
With another 75k you can get 2 energy/s. At that point you shouldn't have energy problem if you also use efficiency mods. Lately I moved away from running the max 75% efficiency on most of my frames and only use fleeting expertise, but most builds could sacrifice a mod to fit in streamline. It also requires less forma most of the time, because you don't have to max out fleeting expertise and streamline all the way.

Also eximus strongholds can be a very good place to farm focus.

Edited by gluih
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I've hit my Focus cap just about single day since Focus release and you don't need a booster but they help depending on what you normally enjoy doing.

I used to stealth farm my focus through exterminate missions but these days that can only be done well with Ivara and I find it's still a bit lacking.

Right now I either do an endless Axi Fissure to at least the one hour mark or I take Mesa with a greater lens to Heiracon.You can take any frame with a single good weapon, each with a lens and remove your other weapons. This works almost as well snd as mentioned certain Sorties can also be a good farm.

I would recommend against Defense missions. They have fairly bad rewards these days. Heriacon will get you Focus, Endo Relics and some extra credits. I tend to go for a good blend of rewards but if you're looking for only Focus then whatever the current affinity farm cave is would be best.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Maybe try this:

Resonating Quake Banshee on Helene / Hydron (Saturn / Sedna Grineer Defense, yay small map),
picking up Convergence between waves, I easily get 20k+ Focus after 20 waves (also Relics) without a booster.

FWIW, my build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Transient Fortitude, Intensify
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise
Stretch, Primed Continuity
Primed Flow, Resonating Quake

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 10/12/2016 at 8:55 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Maybe try this:

Resonating Quake Banshee on Helene / Hydron (Saturn / Sedna Grineer Defense, yay small map),
picking up Convergence between waves, I easily get 20k+ Focus after 20 waves (also Relics) without a booster.

FWIW, my build:

Corrosive Projection, Enemy Sense
Transient Fortitude, Intensify
Streamline, Fleeting Expertise
Stretch, Primed Continuity
Primed Flow, Resonating Quake

 

After like 26 days of playing, I only have built Volt Prime lol

#Volt Master race

Also, if get Void Pulse mastery at the 75k mark, my void pulse will come quickly right? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
48 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

After like 26 days of playing, I only have built Volt Prime lol

FWIW, it's not like Banshee is difficult to get, she's freely available in any Clan that has done their research.

Also, get all the Frames

44 minutes ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

if get Void Pulse mastery at the 75k mark, my void pulse will come quickly right?

Well, "quickly" might be an over-exaggeration :P

For each Rank on [whatever] Mastery, it's 15 seconds less that you have to wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...