Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus discussion Post Devstream 84

Domesticon

have to say im pretty excited 

while my main frame i look to use is in dev... [ hewhosnameshallnotbespoken]

nidus's powers is more towards my play style...unlike most male frames ..

the concpets of no shields and the development or parasitism and cc capabilities makes him useful and very easy to implement in a variety of tactics 

while inaros is suseful for squads in terms of granting health [most dont do this ...] more players play him the tank roll and forget to use the support mechanics he can provide

i also dislike space mummy concept ..sorry rather have an infested monster frame :P 

I knew I was gonna like him as soon as I saw the concept art.

His skill set reminds me of of inaros who is also at the top of my favourite frames.

My only concern is his ult and how effective it will be once you start adding mods. Also his casting animation seems kinda slow.

Spoiler

I'll probably colour him like Gore Magala from Monster Hunter. This creature even uses a virus to hunt and fight.

File:MHSP-Frenzied Gore Magala Render 001.png

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

while my main frame i look to use is in dev... [ hewhosnameshallnotbespoken]

nidus's powers is more towards my play style...unlike most male frames ..

Same here. He also sounds interesting from a Melee Players perspective. Pulling all Enemies to a single point and then slashing them all at once.. sounds effective. :D

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Snakeboy1990 said:
Spoiler

I'll probably colour him like Gore Magala from Monster Hunter. This creature even uses a virus to hunt and fight.

File:MHSP-Frenzied Gore Magala Render 001.png

Was thinking much the same personally. Black, Purples and...I think Gore's claws are reddish? Colourblind, I don't know.

Alternatively, Shagaru Magala: Gold, White and Blacks. And of course, Purple due to the Frenzy virus.

Any event when it comes to actual use, I'll just have to see when we've got him, get a feel for it.

On 2016年12月14日 at 9:01 PM, Blakrana said:

Was thinking much the same personally. Black, Purples and...I think Gore's claws are reddish? Colourblind, I don't know.

Alternatively, Shagaru Magala: Gold, White and Blacks. And of course, Purple due to the Frenzy virus.

Any event when it comes to actual use, I'll just have to see when we've got him, get a feel for it.

+1 for this.

If his 4th ability is infinite (duration), undestroyable (this "biomass" and maggots spawners), permanent and doest't have limit of "infested pools", which you can place... I will build it and love him... just running around, spaming his abilities for "adaptation stacks?"  and make more, and more infestation, every time faster (because his 4th ability gives you  adaptation stacks too) , turning all map in goo D:

It would be amazing !!!

I do wonder how far the demo was to his stats and power strength.  

For the dev stream He kinda seems like a lower tiered frame.

We didn't get to see the mod build she had or the base stats so we are kinda in the dark.

Even if he is more of a casting frame he is going to need a lot of base health and armor. 

I agree with others that his abilities are not going to stack as well as DE hopes . His 1 seems very very narrow, so most will want to use his 2 with it. Only problem is that as soon as you hit two someone is going to nuke that area before you can pop off your 1, thus NO STACKS FOR YOU!! 

Playing Titania for a while I can already say that the single target CC for his 3 won't be great. Eight out ten times you'll line up the mob you want and as you're hitting the button a random guard will jump in front of you . the power will still go off , but don't plan on the CC part of the power.

I sincerely hope two things with his 4. One is either that the maggots keep spawning while the ability is active or that the amount that spawns is determined by how many mobs are in the area of activation. The dev stream had me very underwhelmed with the amount of maggots. 

Second is that I really hope these little guys scale in someway . Besides the fact that his 4 is very vulnerable to nullifers, pretty much any aoe will wipe out most of your maggots in one swoop.

Personally I think his 4 animation is 20-30% to slow as well.

He seems awesome to me. Obviously I'll have to wait until I play him to see how fun he actually is and how well his powers mesh with that style.

I like the idea of having no shields like Inaros. Shields are kinda trash in this game anyway once you reach any kind of decent level so at least they will give him stats that scale better without them.

not a fan of those 3 secs and what not casting time for his 4, not a fan of being locked behind waiting for stacks before i can use his ultimate when every frame can access all of their abilities the moment they join a mission providing they have energy. ( energy pad for that matter eventually ), collecting all those stacks is clunky in a normal 4 men team scenario when everybody is slaughtering things fast...practically impossible in starchart content, when a fart just wipes out half a map from pretty much any weapon/frame.

and it seemed to struggle already vs lvl's 30 go figure.

i like the passive health regen and i only hope he comes with a huge armor pool

inaros has no shields but 3 of 4 of his abilites can heal you, gets 4600+ health with maxed vitality and with maxed steel fiber and his 4th he can top over 600 armor.( even more with armored agility )

no shields on that 1100 health we saw in the dev play  better come with as much armor as valkyr if not more to make up for that or at least 500 base.

i like the cc potential of his 2 and the simbiotic link may be useful, only problem is that you'll likely target something and it will get nuked 2 seconds later by someone, even if u try not to attack the linked target...say u link a bombard,and u focus on other mobs only to have the random hero of the day drop a nuke in the crow and bye bye bombard.

now in case of trinity's link u link 3, u kill them, links auto targets 3 more living things in range.this doesn't seem the case about nidus 3 so i dunno. nice on paper, probably redundant in practice, to me it'll be just a waste of casts one after another trying to get your link on something

time will tell, these are only impressions from a half baked demonstration, maybe they'll change or they have changed stuff already and by time nidus is out things may be different.

on the pro's side i like the way he looks

Edited by arm4geddon-117

Yeah, animation times should be shortened quite a bit. Even though he is capable of mitigating damage with Symbiotic Link while casting Infest, the slowness breaks the flow of combat too much. On the other hand, it looks like Tendrils and Symbiotic Link are able to be cast on-the-move, so that's good.

I hope his infested carpet stays even when touched by Nullifier bubbles. I noticed his Maggots periodically respawn from little cyst-like eggs growing on the carpet, after they go explode on enemies or probably when they die from attacks. Maybe since they are biological, let hatched Maggots stay alive when inside a Nullifier bubble, but don't let more eggs spawn (only areas inside the bubble, outside it is fine) until the Nullifier moves away.

I'm surprised his 4 doesn't synergize with his other abilities when he's ontop of it or privide other benefits besides minor CC by just maggots and regeneration.

Maybe the mat could act in line like tar mutalist puddles or provide buffs like swarm mutalists.