Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus discussion Post Devstream 84

Domesticon

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

I'm not really a lore-junkie, so I can't help out much with that, but I do have a question.

Is the spoiler tag pre-emptive? Because I don't see any spoilers here.

I put the spoiler tag cause I bet someone will find this topic filled with spoilers and will be like "You should put spoilers in your title", I mentioned Ballas and the fact that I said the orokin were approving frames.

Just to be safe.

7 hours ago, UvBenServed said:

I'm not sure how long Symbiotic Link normally lasts, but for now let's say Symbiotic Flesh will last about 20-25 seconds without any duration mods.

AFAIK from devstream, Symbiotic Link is a channeling ability, so the augment should have its own timer or last as long as the ability active.

Oh oh!  How about permitting you to cast it on allies?  The trolling would be amazing!  Or, change the effect to give both frames some buff while the link is active, like linked health and armor.  Assuming our guy has like 300 base armor, he symbiotes with some squishy caster, making them tankier while heals to one affect the other.

All the Warframes have Infested components, and the Infestation itself was designed by the Orokin as a deliberate weapon against the Sentients. They just didn't realize it would backfire so bad. Presumably, Nidus Prime was made when the Infestation was still well received by the Orokin.

5 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Don't confuse Dark Sector with Warframe, they are different games. We don't know what Warframes are made of.

Titanias quest states that technocyte-bioengineers worked of warframes and there is that whole infested resources (plastids/nanospores) used to craft them. 

So yeah,  there is more than eough evidence to say they are created from infested material

43 minutes ago, Akavakaku said:

All the Warframes have Infested components, and the Infestation itself was designed by the Orokin as a deliberate weapon against the Sentients. They just didn't realize it would backfire so bad. Presumably, Nidus Prime was made when the Infestation was still well received by the Orokin.

Holy hell some people are really confused.

Let's see, the Infestation backfired BEFORE the Warframes were conceived. However they kept experimenting with the Technocyte virus as they developed the frames.

Since frames are of Technocyte origin, one that fully controls the virus is possible. It's like embracing what you're made of... Up to an extent.

28 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Let's see, the Infestation backfired BEFORE the Warframes were conceived. However they kept experimenting with the Technocyte virus as they developed the frames.

Since frames are of Technocyte origin, one that fully controls the virus is possible. It's like embracing what you're made of... Up to an extent.

This is a probable story. I still would not rule out the Infestation having its origin in the Void, but either way it predates the warframes as we know them.

First off, Nidus looks like an absolute badass, an infested warframe of destruction and decay. I absolutely love how he looks and I think that alone will make me main him. Then we have the abilities, I honestly think that the powers are just mediocre and were hastily slapped together. The only one that scales well is symbiotic link and the infested meter at the bottom left has only one purpose, to activate the ultimate which spawns maggots, little, tiny maggots that are known as nought but minor annoyances throughout the warframe community. I want to suggest some changes that I think would make Nidus a far better frame and more of an infested force to be reckoned with.

Passive: Health regen or "hyper metabolism" as I like to think of it as

In combat, this rejuvenation-esque passive can be the right thing at the right time, a lifesaver. But at the rate at which health regenerates currently (approx. 3hp/s) seems lacklustre. What's that gonna help against, a maggot attacking you? I think that whatever number the infested meter is at should multiply the health regen by that number, that would give players the decision of keeping the awesome level of health regen they have or casting Nidus' ulti, it would also make the infested meter a little bit more important.

Power 1: Infested stomp-path

Looks awesome, does nothing much. I think it should linger for a few seconds and grab any enemy that tries to traverse it, the enemy could have a small chance to break free from it. Every quarter of the total duration it holds an enemy for the meter goes up by one bar. Maybe a guaranteed viral proc too? They can't just touch the infestation and get away with it scot-free in my opinion...

Power 2: Grabby ball

It's okay for CC and helps with the infested stomp I guess, but other than that it isn't very useful, I suggest that you can place a few of these around the room. Whenever a tendril attaches to an enemy it drains 1 energy per second, takes away 1% of their health per second and the chance an enemy has to break free increases by 1% per second. This will make multiple grabby balls at a doorway extremely effective at CC and even total annihilation, albeit costly in terms of energy. Holding the ability button down recalls all grabby balls and the total health stolen from enemies heals you by that amount.

Power 3: Symbiotic link

This is a good one, it is close to perfect, but rather than a buff I suggest nerf, total damage reduction seems a little TOO generous

Power 4: Hive

Maggots, really? How effective... I suggest a limited amount of maggots spawn from their little homes, with the ability to bury deep into the body of an enemy and over the course of a few seconds TAKE COMPLETE CONTROL OF IT AND INFECT IT AND TURN IT INTO THE FLOO-- I mean, an infected minion that totally isn't the flood. Think the ability to instantly kill an enemy and turn it to your side is too op? Take a quick glance at covert lethality+radial blind and then talk to me about how it's op. Also, the floor is sticky, like a spider web.

54 minutes ago, kyori said:

Uh? The orokins are the one building the prime frames? They are extinct except for the small queen now.

The Orokin are the ones who built the prime frames and weapons: we're using relics and void tears to unearth their past creations, basically.

Kinda hope there is a slight dependence/ability buff based on level of secondary resource

1 gets greater damage/range etc

Passively gain additional resources etc

Make the ult only use 1 level rather than consuming all 4

Just some thoughts

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

No, just forgot that the Great Plague was during Margulis's time.

Estatic over the visuals.  Disappointed in the gameplay.  His design seems all over the place.  I'll try to explain.

First he's got no shields.  not a problem though because inaros is a fantastic frame without shields.  Except DE decided to go the route of health regeneration this time.  Which okay is not bad.  But from what i could tell none of his abilities gave health back or increased his health regeneration.  So we're already off to a bad start here.

His 1.  it's a good concept.  originally I believe it was simply going to do more damage the more people you caught with it.  It might still do that.  But the new thing that it does is give energy back.  supposedly you can get enough back to gain more energy than you spent.  it sounds good.  But I ask why?  we can't just use his 4 whenever.  and abilities can be modded to be cheap enough to the point that this energy gain combo would be "nice" but not anything to write home about.  maybe if any of his abilities gave health back or at least increased his health regeneration for a limited time i'd care about the energy gain.

His 2.  the tendril thing seems fine.  good range.  good cc.  But it's delay on grabbing enemies seems like it would feel clunky.  especially if you try to use it mid fight.  Considering this guy doesn't really have anything other than cc he's going to rely on that.  and if it's not smooth or reliable he's dead in the water.

his 3.  So basically trinities link but neutered because it's single target.  I could live with that if it was better.  but right now it's not.  it means you'd be diving into a group of enemies that could possibly kill you to try and grab the super strong unit.  And then that target could simply die quickly due to how many people are shooting at you.  Or a friendly can come along and accidentally or purposely kill it leaving you extremely vulnerable.

his 4.  Both his 3 and 4 have WAY too slow cast times.  which is really bad on a frame that's pretty squishy and doesn't have any upkeep survivability wise.  Aside from that I think his 4 is his best designed ability in the kit.  My problem though is that it requires 4 stacks to even use.  and the amount of maggots it generates doesn't seem like enough especially considering how quickly they can be killed.

And lastly i'm incredibly disappointed how little the stacking mechanic impacts his kit.  They still have 21 days to put him out before this year is over and that might be enough time to make him better.  but i'd rather they wait for an early january release to get it right.  But i'm not just a Tenno that points out problems.  I'll give my solutions.

Regarding his passive.  it needs to either give more health back per tick or tick a lot faster.  Maybe toy around with the idea of allowing a mod to effect it. His stacks would be helpful for the whole kit.  And i'll explain how with each ability.  But they really need to also give him armor somewhere between inaros and chroma.

his 1) i'd keep what it does right now.  But allow some HP to get back with each enemy effected as well.  this keeps his combos going and keeps him standing.  If he has a stack at all the effects and damage of this would be increased.

His 2) i'd decrease the time before the tendrils grab enemies.  If nidus has stacks when using this it starts damaging the enemy and returns said damage as health.

his 3) i'd shorten the cast time.  And make it so as the target is taking damage it's also giving nidus health back.  This will ensure that regardless of how long the linked target stays alive nidus has decent survivability.  If nidus has any stacks it would increase the effects of the health regneration.

his 4) i'd shorten the cast time.  I'd remove the barrier of needing 4 stacks to cast it.  Instead casting it with 4 stacks would cheapen the cost and make the ability more effective.  meaning more maggots, longer cc, bigger AOE.  I'd also add 2 things.  His maggots would be passively giving him health back.  and also if nidus is standing in the creep he made he gets a boost to his health regeneration passive and some armor.  Targets killed that had his maggots on them would give him a chunk of health back.

Sorry if my ideas sound boring.  I'll probably be doing a better write up later today when i'm more awake.