Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo is a beast (NOT kidding)

Kronxito

Not kidding. Its real.

Zenurik + energy syphoon + Limbo + tigris prime + Always in the rift:  press 1 to banish (this stuns enemy by 2 secs) and shot him with your tigris.  

One by one, all enemies will fall. And you get 0 damage.

Where does he need the rework???? Maybe at his 4th.

9 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

One by one

ok 

I mean, yes, he is really good for killing enemies one by one, but sadly this game doesn't really have a place for single target assassins like him. His use is very limited.

Not to mention that he's completely powerless vs. nullifiers. Oh what, you can control your own plane of existence? Well screw you, I have bubbles. 

Edited by TotallyLagging

As far as practical applications of Limbo goes, he is capable of some of the highest damage in the game. Only other frames that compete would be Chroma and Nova.

(Rift Torrent + Cataclysm with any shotgun/explosive/punch-through weapon)

The problem with him is that the Rift is still clunky as hell and there has never been ANY excuse for Cataclysm to block pickups.

Opinions of Limbo run along a very fine line and DE is most likely going to piss off one side of it.

3 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Because killing enemies one by one in a horde shooter is effective...

To be fair, the entire purpose of Cataclysm is to bring multiple enemies into the Rift. Added a bit of Power Strength for Rift Surge to get a rough 300%-400% boost in damage, and you're set to go lol.

......but at the same time, I'm not sure why players like to use Cataclysm on top of them while in the middle of crossfire, knowing that they're still going to get hurt lol. I mean seriously, it wont kill some of you guys to you know....use it at a small distance first, then run for the kill. Or well, out of it since you don't need to be in the bubble to shoot them since you can just Rift Walk lol.

But I digress haha.

7 hours ago, trst said:

Opinions of Limbo run along a very fine line and DE is most likely going to piss off one side of it.

Yeah, the rework they described in devstream sounds like it should be another frame not limbo imo and I REALLY do not like the idea of entering/exiting void using dodge movements...I can see that getting annoying. 

While limbo isn't perfect it doesn't need a massive overhaul to make it better.

1 and 2 are fine except we should be able to carry items like data packets etc and bring objects like oxygen in survival into the void for short periods of time.

3 needs to be replaced with something else and made a passive feature of being in the rift (keep energy passive too).  My vote is for a crowd control void pulse to push back and damage enemies as the replacement. 

4 just needs to allow us to pick up stuff, the sentinel vacuum causing loot balloons is stupidly annoying as they can fill the screen and you can't see any enemies. 

Oh and faster activation (a lot of frames need this) wouldn't hurt either. 

EDIT: wouldn't hurt if laser sensors didn't pick him up either, he is in a different dimension after all....optical should because well enemies can see him.

Edited by LSG501

38 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

ok 

I mean, yes, he is really good for killing enemies one by one, but sadly this game doesn't really have a place for single target assassins like him. His use is very limited.

Not to mention that's he's completely powerless vs. nullifiers. Oh what, you can control your own plane of existence? Well screw you, I have bubbles. 

We really need dangerous and tanky units that can destroy a team (even our tanks) To make high damage single target weapons or assassin characters shine :s
as long as we don't have that, AoE weapons and nuker frames will still be the meta :c

21 minutes ago, Campaigner said:

A beast that no one plays?

it happens in a lot of games. 
It usually is the case because said character (in this case) is more difficult to mod, understand and use properly in high level content. Unlike others characters that can do something similar, but wirh way less effort. 
They are known as underrated characters :s

I agree. Rift Surge needs to be a passive.  That would also free up a power for Time Freeze or whatever it is.  Banish and Rift walk are useful as is.

Cataclysm could also go.  Limbo is too squishy to fight multiple high level enemies at once.  His casting animations are too slow too, necessitating the use of Natural Talent instead of a mod to make him tougher.

2 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

To be fair, the entire purpose of Cataclysm is to bring multiple enemies into the Rift. Added a bit of Power Strength for Rift Surge to get a rough 300%-400% boost in damage, and you're set to go lol.

......but at the same time, I'm not sure why players like to use Cataclysm on top of them while in the middle of crossfire, knowing that they're still going to get hurt lol. I mean seriously, it wont kill some of you guys to you know....use it at a small distance first, then run for the kill. Or well, out of it since you don't need to be in the bubble to shoot them since you can just Rift Walk lol.

But I digress haha.

Except that when you let a group of enemies in the rift you go from an invincible frame to a frame without any means of damage reduction or CC.

Other frames (Chroma and Mirage come to mind) can attain such damage along with ways to prevent themselves from dying.

4 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Except that when you let a group of enemies in the rift you go from an invincible frame to a frame without any means of damage reduction or CC.

Other frames (Chroma and Mirage come to mind) can attain such damage along with ways to prevent themselves from dying.

I never said he was perfect haha. Again in cases like my example, you don't want to be in melee range generally.

The point isn't really to be an invincible frame, but to separate yourself with a group from everything else which to then to enact on it accordingly.

But still, I am in the same boat that he definitely needs some kind of way to mitigate some damage, with the only pseudo thing being Quick Thinking (which is a lot more reliable than I initially though to be honest).

3 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

One by one, all enemies will fall.

I think it is the one by one portion that really urks a number of players.  Yeah, his survivability in rift right now is amazing but even cataclysm doesn't help with bringing down entire mobs of enemies at once.  You have to get up close and personal and it can sometimes to some people feel a bit clunky.

Anyway, I feel reworks are always a good thing despite how much a frame has a cult following, there is always room for improvements and by and large they've done quite well.  There will be exceptions with any frame and various players will have their likes and dislikes of how a rework affects a frame's playstyle but it is just simply impossible to please everyone.

nothing like being invulnerable for a whole minute and recasting the his ability again to be invulnerable makes limbo a beas

"man I cant take damage haha stupid rhino taking damage just be like me haha 2 gud 4 u"

Edited by Saris81