Devstream #84 Overview.

[DE]Taylor

The War Within is making its way to consoles, and the Devs are hopefully making their way to a warm and sunny place. As the final Devstream of the year, we took a look at what 2016 brought us, what to expect for the rest of December, and what will be coming in 2017. 

If you want to see all the reveals and discussions as they happened, including Spear Gun and Nidus (the Infested Warframe) gameplay, the winners of the first-ever Tenno Choice Awards, and Ember’s Deluxe Skin concept, you can watch it here. For those of you who want the reward without doing all the work, you can read the TL;DR version in our overview.

We want to thank you all for an amazing year! Your support and patience has been incredible, and we are so grateful for every single one of our Tenno. :community:

Nah, his ult is weak. I think he'll rust when it reaches 60+ :crylaugh:

But.. I like that second (or first) ability where that thing grabs enemies in range.. It's a good CC, hopefully can have long range and duration :sad:

I saw the ult gif, those thingies (whatever) aren't even doing damage (?).. Just CC O_O

Edited by Vexagohn

Nidus seems interesting in most part but his ult ( 4th ability ) seems more like a party favor than an actual useful ability. 

Especially when you consider higher level enemies and facing damage scaling - it becomes less and less worth while unlike his number 2 skill - which seems like it would be useful at any level.

Personally I think one interesting method of redoing him is

The number of stacks directly influence your passive - so the higher number of stacks you have the more healing regen you have per second. 

I think to make him a bit more interesting - as his stack grows - infested bubbles grow on his back. When you hit the ult he bubbles explode releasing maggot swarm. These maggots attack near by enemies and "infect them" causing the enemies to be slowed and constantly eats away at their armor and health. If a maggot manages to kill an infected unit - more maggots burst from that enemy. If you kill the unit before the maggot does. The maggot just leaves to a different enemy. The maggots die in 20 seconds from the initial burst. 

That would allow the ability to have better CC and even be useful against bosses. As the more maggots on a unit the faster that unit loses health and armor. 

Overall it was an amazing stream. I only wish the highest voted question got addressed for the Devs that was posted in the thread that is now locked. almost all other questions behind it did and felt the one that got left out was the most important one. I'm not accusing of ducking or dodging, I just really wish it was addressed or a reason for why it wont be addressed considering that, in my opinion, it is the most important one there was. Hopefully it just wasn't noticed......

The Question: Original poster: Archwizard

"Since the last time you mentioned addressing “mandatory” mods like +damage and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank, Primed Pressure Point and Riven mods to the game, which simply contribute more "mandatory" mods to consume weapon slots. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?"

Edited by PsychoTechARMS

20 hours ago, xxswatelitexx said:

I think to make him a bit more interesting - as his stack grows - infested bubbles grow on his back.

The more stacks you accumulate, the more 'Infested' he looks. It wasn't ready to display during the stream, but Reb posted a gif of it on twitter:

On 10/12/2016 at 0:26 AM, NoggDog117 said:

Hopefully that throwing spear opens the door to other kinds of thrown weapons, such as throwing axes.

We had to make an entirely new animation set for it for each Warframe, so I hope it'll get utilised for more throwing weapons as well! 

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

The more stacks you accumulate, the more 'Infested' he looks. It wasn't ready to display during the stream, but Reb posted a gif of it on twitter:

I was wondering if the maggots shown in-stream were placeholders. We were shown concept art for his custom maggots right?