Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Put all Rivens in sortie token system planned in previous devstream

Temragon

As topic title, in response to devstream

Token systems for endgame content are a well-traveled road in MMOs.

They make sense and are very transparent to balance and regulate.

The token system was mentioned on the devstream already as a consideration.

Please consider placing all rivens in the token system and expanding it as a currency reward system.

Yes, I know there are concerns of "too many currencies", but this would put us at one premium, one normal, one per faction (including conclave), and one for endgame.

As far as MMOs go, that is only a moderate amount. Presentation and UI matters far more at this point than the pure number.

Edit: And when I say "All Rivens", I mean "All released riven types", not "All of them right now"

Edited by Temragon

I'd say replace the riven mod in the reward pool with a 'riven token' that you turn in somewhere for a riven type of your choice.

No need to bring the syndicates into this, or make things overly complex.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Agreed.  

The "to many currencies" is a bit of a cop-out given we regularly have new resources added (that are as just as much tokens as currencies are), and there are far more varieties of resources (some still basically pointless, like detonite ampules, fielderon samples and mutagen samples).

I like the idea of tokens.  It could have variable costs based on the type of riven mod you want.

EX: Pure random riven mod for 1 token.

More specific riven mod(Primary, Secondary, Melee) for 2 tokens.

Primary Specific Type(Shotgun, Rifle) for 3 or 4 tokens.

It could even go down to specific weapon sub types, such as specific melee weapon types(dagger, heavy blade, etc) for more points.

This would prevent users from being able to pick the exact weapon they want(which DE doesn't like the idea of) but give them ways to reduce the randomness.

2 minutes ago, Unknown924 said:

I like the idea of tokens.  It could have variable costs based on the type of riven mod you want.

EX: Pure random riven mod for 1 token.

More specific riven mod(Primary, Secondary, Melee) for 2 tokens.

Primary Specific Type(Shotgun, Rifle) for 3 or 4 tokens.

It could even go down to specific weapon sub types, such as specific melee weapon types(dagger, heavy blade, etc) for more points.

This would prevent users from being able to pick the exact weapon they want(which DE doesn't like the idea of) but give them ways to reduce the randomness.

I'd personally rather not start off making compromises. Start with the token system and DE can decide how they want to make it worse for us.

There's still:

* Random weapon
* Random unlock requirement
* Random stat set

Which is more than plenty of RNG, even for Warframe.

Either way, sort of a side point.

The token system would also solve the problem with Nitain as reward. Some players complained they don't have enough nitain (because they just don't do the alerts until there's a new item that requires them) while others like me has over 100. Nitain in Sortie reward is assuming we are all the previous type of player instead of the latter.  Just have a token system for standard rewards:

- You get a token at the end of a Sortie or you get rare items like Legendary Core and Riven mod.

- Nitain, Endo, blueprints for Exilus, forma and potatoes and lenses would be redeemable by tokens.

- Riven mod could also be purchased by token but at a much higher point than the others, so basically you're guaranteed a Riven mod after a certain number of Sorties. You could still luck out and get a Riven mod after a Sortie. Only Legendary Core cannot be purchased by tokens.

The pricing could be as follows:

1 Token for 2000 Endo.

2 Tokens for 4500 Endo.

4 Tokens for Forma, Orokin Reactor or Orokin Catalyst blueprint.

5 Tokens for Exilus Adapter blueprint.

4 Tokens for a Focus Lens (of your choice).

12 Tokens for Greater Focus Lens (of your choice).

20 Tokens for a Riven mod.

This way, Sorties would NEVER be a waste (like getting a goddamn Unairu lens or 3 Nitain for me). You get what you could actually use. You could hold out and get a Riven mod every 20 days (AT LEAST, since you could still get more than 1 Riven mod in 20 Sorties). Sorties will stop being a slot machine that sometimes eats your time and effort for nothing, and it will always be a step closer to get what you wanted. Heck, might as well put in even more rewards of "rare" (read: annoying to farm) items for the tokens:

1 Token for 3 Mutalist Alad V Coordinates (enough to make 1 key).

1 Token for a Kubrow Egg.

1 Token for 5 Kavat Genes.

1 Token for 5 Ducats.

Tokens can be exchanged at the Relays.

It's been said elsewhere: 3 sortie missions => 2000 Endo = May as well farm Hieracon, and get more in less time (or farm relics/fissures and buy rivens for plat).

The hallmark of a good MMO is play-style choice (because you'll never get bored if you can change how you play. Hell, I leveled half my characters in WoW during Warlords of Draenor by doing pet battles), and it's the job of the developers to balance how easily those play-styles give rewards.

Give players a choice between grind, gambling, and purchasing.

You could even put sortie rewards on a cycle/choice system, so for example you could do 3 days and get a choice between endo/kuva/resource cache on those days, then on the 4th day you get a lesser lens of your choice, and on the 5th you can pick between a blue or gold potato BP, a built forma, and a random reward between an exilus or a riven mod.  On every 10th day's sortie you would get a choice between a guaranteed riven, or a random selection from a legendary core/weapon part/greater lens.

Edited by polarity

I'm on board for Token it up here.

Then they could keep stuff like Nitain, Endo and Exilus Adapters for those that do want them but for those that don't it'd be great being able to just not get those and pick something else.

Maybe even have Riven Adapters you can buy via tokens that let you have some influence over what your Riven mod actually turns out like or preserves a stat on a re-roll.