Two players/consoles on same internet connection/IP address

(XBOX)ballistic556

Hello,

My wife and I both have our own warframe accounts. I was just wondering if there would be any issues if we got another xbox one console (thinking of new Xbox One S for Christmas) and both tried to play at the same time so we can trade and help each other on missions. Any conflicts with the game due to having the same IP address from using the same Internet connection at the same time?

Thank you,

Jay

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

the only thing you should have to do, is set a different set of Ports for the two so they don't try to use the same set of Ports.

yq226wo.png

doesn't matter what they're set to, as long as they're set to a different setting from one another.

Provided you have UPnP enabled and your router understands it.  Otherwise you'll have to do some manual port-forwarding.

3 minutes ago, Destroyalord7 said:

Separate devices should be assigned different IP addresses automatically by a router, so you should be fine.

Unless for some reason your router gives your Xbox's the same IP address, you shouldn't have an issue.

I highly doubt that consoles understand IPv6 and his ISP and router provide it, so to the outside world every device on his network will be behind the same IP address, routed through it with Network Address Translation.

1 hour ago, polarity said:

I highly doubt that consoles understand IPv6 and his ISP and router provide it, so to the outside world every device on his network will be behind the same IP address, routed through it with Network Address Translation.

Truth. Each device/machine will have their own address on the local network, but once you pass through your modem to the ISP, you're all one IP address.

Yeah, all my network connected devices would have different IP addresses on the LAN only. I was concerned with what the warframe servers would see, which would be the single static IP address assigned to me by my ISP.  

I can change the port settings no problem. Thank you all for the help, I really appreciate it!